NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

They have Chalk who is very similar to Mini and Hunt and Zillman who is an attacking wizzard. If we went with Zillman he would have to fix up his defence.
I can't see them buying any fullback as the two main ones in Webb and Wade are taken.

Ha! Finally, he sees the light! :p
Nonetheless, that is quite a shock. He performed to a decent standard in his first origin appearance for four years, although retaining his spot in the side come next series would be almost out of the question anyway, keeping in mind QLD's fullback options. He's led from the front when it comes to Canberra, and has really come a long way since his Parra days- he'll definitely be a loss.

Well, I don't really know alot about the guy in that regard...- he must've been pretty young in those days, considering they fell apart ten years ago, or thereabouts. I can't see the Titan's crumbling like the Smashers did, anyway, considering the quality of personnel they already possess.

The Dogs really look pumped for the finals. They should be on a 3 game winning streak if not for that last minute loss to the Storm. If they keep this up they will be tough to beat.

Speaking of Schif he kicked the winning penalty to get the Raiders a Golden point win. Also just missed a 50m drop goal, not cause of distance but accuracy. Reds will be very happy with his goal kicking, definitely has the usual distance.

On the game we really should have lost, we did everything we could to lose it. Dropping the ball in our half, kicking out on the full, penalties. Only the Tigers choking meant we got home. I was sure they would kick the sitter drop goal they had twice.

I managed to see the last ten minutes of that match, and, well, damn! :p
Wests should've nailed those drop goal opportunities, but then again, it's not as easy as it seems when under that sort of pressure, and the looming presence of the advancing opposition can't be too comforting.
Anyway, Parra are on a roll (:)), and Melbourne look to be red hot favourites to take out the title from here, although it remains a very tight competition.

They will take the minor prem, thats a no brainer. If they win the title who knows, as Finals footy is all about peaking at the right stage. For me the Dogs look like they will peak in the finals.

Oh yeah, I knew that, I meant the actual premiership, and judging by their recent performances, they're looking in good shape to do so. Likewise, the Canterbury forward pack's killing it, and their whole outfit's playing well as a unit. There's still plenty of room for improvement, and they need to stay on top of their game, but they're looking like prime contenders. Nonetheless, it's been an unexpected season, so who knows..

Picking a winner to take out the comp is a tricky one. Teams sometimes peak too early and with the season going like it has anything could happen. Cowboys and Knights were hot favourites early on to make the Grand Final but now both are struggling. It'll be interesting none the less.

I gotta go with melbourne to win the comp this year.

I follow wests tigers. We had our great moment last year. At this point we are struggling and are at risk of missing the semis.

Dogs certainly look good, but so do Melbourne.

Nate Myles has signed with Roosters for about $275,000 (3 years? I'm cbb checking :D) according to rumours. Certainly someone who I didn't really want for the Roosters, but already struggling with forwards, it was a good signing.

And Finch's been cleared to shop around for other clubs already, or so I hear- talk about reaching the summit, and just dropping the next day, basically.

Users who are viewing this thread