Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Ok , I`ll move my questions over to the Patch #2 Must Fixes thread , as it seems there one gets answers from HBK. Obviously this online thread seems to not be the place to discuss online problems/suggestions.

Imagine going 20 overs stretched over 2 games , before you finally manage to get to check the field , because the opposition just doesnt allow you to.:):)

I played this guy last night and something was very dodgy about him.

He batted first no lag at all my bowling was smooth as was his batting
He got 69 all out in 7 overs in a 10 over game he was just smashing everything.
So first ball with me batting all of a sudden its laggy as hell the bowler is warping back and forth and ball coming out of his hand before his run up is even finished.
Making it really hard for me to hit the ball i was eventually 32-8 he also started to pull out of his run up during his bowling a lot.
Looked like he was trying everything to put me of so my question is can he do something to create this lag which was fine when he batted.
Eventually a msg appeared that he was forfeiting the game so i took it.:D

So first ball with me batting all of a sudden its laggy as hell the bowler is warping back and forth and ball coming out of his hand before his run up is even finished.
Making it really hard for me to hit the ball i was eventually 32-8 he also started to pull out of his run up during his bowling a lot.
Looked like he was trying everything to put me of so my question is can he do something to create this lag which was fine when he batted.

It's definitely possible: "Popular" amongst E-Sports cheaters, you can download programs/hardware which deliberately cause lag, which you can just switch on and off whenever you like.
Most QA departments have these as well for testing purposes: you simulate lag to see how the game handles it.

Best solution, as always I'm afraid, is to note down the name and not play them again. Cheaterz gonna cheatz. No matter what you do to try and combat it, you just can't account for all the different ways that they can find: all you can do is try to make as much info about a user's history as you can available so that other players can judge.
Maybe an Ebay-esque "feedback" system is the best route in future games.

Seems dodgy. However I have noticed that the lag always seems to be noticeable for the 'batting' side. I have rarely faced any lag while bowling ever in this game.

Wow online just got even more **** for me now. While bowling The umpires where calling wide balls on everything. Two balls on leg side hits the batsman, close lbw shout i thought but no, was called wides. And again outside of ball touches batsman, called wide again. Shit got out of hand when i bowled the middle stump of my opponent and it was registered as a dot ball. Not out :facepalm From what little i 've played online n this game. I never seen anything like this.

Originally Posted by St0ney View Post

Eventually a msg appeared that he was forfeiting the game so i took it.
Seems dodgy.

ANGAD : However I have noticed that the lag always seems to be noticeable for the 'batting' side. I have rarely faced any lag while bowling ever in this game.

Defnitly , LAG only shows its face when your batting , except the obvious one where the bowler is warping.

AL_Amin : Wow online just got even more **** for me now. While bowling The umpires where calling wide balls on everything. Two balls on leg side hits the batsman, close lbw shout i thought but no, was called wides. And again outside of ball touches batsman, called wide again. Shit got out of hand when i bowled the middle stump of my opponent and it was registered as a dot ball. Not out From what little i 've played online n this game. I never seen anything like this.

This is happening whenever the lag gets very bad. As they say , then all hell breaks loose. Ive had 6 out of my 10 dismissals by the ball rolling on the ground > Out Caught bug in one Match :eek:

You will bowl the guy , and the game will just ignore it as it never happened and move onto the next ball. Trust me, when you get your first bug in a match , be sure that its gonna be for the whole match.

And then on the other side , whenever you can manage to find a smooth match , I promise you that not even ONE glitch/bug will be found. The it plays perfect , and what a treat that is.

^^^ This is not true for me. First few overs don't seem to have any bearing on the rest of the game.

Guys anyone one interest in taking Antigua and Barbuda for the Caribbean Cup ps3 online league theres already 11 managers just need one more if interested please PM me or post on this thread or head over to online leagues forum thanks :)

@HBK619

Can you confirm if the issues with online and Wifi have been sorted in Patch No. 2 ?

@BigAntStudios has been mum about a changelog (Maybe the PA is off sick :lol)

Interested as I dont want to start the drilling of two holes right through my Double Brick Wall only to find out that its been sorted. I will have to run a cable 15 meters around the outside of my house to be Connected via Cable , and would like to avoid this.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated by my Landlord as well....

I'm the only one posting as "me", my PA is way too nice to post the way I do, you'd know right away :)

We think the WiFi issues are sorted.

@HBK619

Can you confirm if the issues with online and Wifi have been sorted in Patch No. 2 ?

@BigAntStudios has been mum about a changelog (Maybe the PA is off sick :lol)

Interested as I dont want to start the drilling of two holes right through my Double Brick Wall only to find out that its been sorted. I will have to run a cable 15 meters around the outside of my house to be Connected via Cable , and would like to avoid this.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated by my Landlord as well....

You should look up "powerline adapters" on google. Yours is exactly the reason they exist.

Users who are viewing this thread