Discussion Online Play General Discussion

This is the online thread, not lets just attack everybody in site thread.

Is waiting for a patch really reducing everyone to this?

Online is pretty pants on consoles currently, playing it on PC last night was much improved. Hopefully this is due to the improved work in patching the title... It's also hard to get a read on all the improvements made in a 5/5 match and I'll try to get some time with Matt to have a longer match[/backontopic]

Happy to answer any other questions, from stable minded individuals.

Online is pretty pants on consoles currently, playing it on PC last night was much improved. Hopefully this is due to the improved work in patching the title... It's also hard to get a read on all the improvements made in a 5/5 match and I'll try to get some time with Matt to have a longer match[/backontopic]

So you have access to the PC version Andrew? Nice. Are you only able to comment on online play or also the patch improvements generally,,,/slightly off topic....

Yeah, @Ross flicked me the full release beta last night, which was incredibly kind of him. I just played online last night, no single player just had a bit of fun with Matt, really and the operative word being fun since my Laptop isn't up to running the game unfortunately at any decent quality setting. Had to have it set quite low but it was BEAUTIFUL to look at in the higher settings and once I got running good enough was great fun with the online gameplay being vastly improved.

Edit: no dismissals to mid off/on for memory but quite a few nicks behind and clean bowled. I will note umpire selection doesn't work at all (default only) and Matt set two mid-offs for me, short and long, the tricksy bastard.

Last edited:

Good to hear about Online is even more improved now. Hope the Patch-2 will take care of most of the teething issues. Lucky you....:clap:clap

Yeah, @Ross flicked me the full release beta last night, which was incredibly kind of him. I just played online last night, no single player just had a bit of fun with Matt, really and the operative word being fun since my Laptop isn't up to running the game unfortunately at any decent quality setting. Had to have it set quite low but it was BEAUTIFUL to look at in the higher settings and once I got running good enough was great fun with the online gameplay being vastly improved.

Edit: no dismissals to mid off/on for memory but quite a few nicks behind and clean bowled. I will note umpire selection doesn't work at all (default only) and Matt set two mid-offs for me, short and long, the tricksy bastard.

Thanks. Ross is really second to none. It is incredible what he is prepared to do and the way he engages to get this game improved as much as possible.

Ok Biggs i'm a clown but stable minded dude;), have you seen if the AI bowl a better line and length outside off. PS When you have time as i know you have been playing the muliplayer more.

PS Ross you are a saint dude, so giving and keeps taking crap from pickers on here. DCB 14 is going to be epic soon.:thumbs

Just landed in Sydney, thanks guys, much appreciated.

Most of what Biggs talks about with online is due to patch#2.

Plan is to iterate the Steam version and feed that back into console.

Games good, we will make it great.

----------

This is the online thread, not lets just attack everybody in site thread.

Is waiting for a patch really reducing everyone to this?

Yeah, we've got every other thread for that... Let's keep this one clean :)

I think I need another release-type hate trap thread to keep it in one place.

----------

Welcome home, even though it is Australia but hey you cant win em all....

----------

After patch 2 the game goes up to very good right Ross.

PS Call the new thread Pickers and i am not joking.

have you seen if the AI bowl a better line and length outside off.

Played like, 15mins of single-player. Only thing I really noticed that was an improvement was the replays, they were varied and lovely to look at. Some nice low-panning cameras when I was bowled stood out in my mind. Bowling-wise line and length seemed to be about what I'm used to on the console, which is to say, I've never noticed a leg-side line and length all that much.

Good to hear about the improvement in the Online Department Biggs . Thats where I`ve been spending my last 2 months. Cannot wait for the Patch to release.

PS. Pity about the Umpires , but I blame myself there as I only brought it up couple of days ago , and its not a biggie in anyway. Fits into my vision of Patch3 for all the last couple of cosmetic stuff - unrelated to gameplay issues.

Keep up the Good work Ross.

@BigAntStudios
PS. Can the Patch be released any day of the week , or only on Fridays ? I know I`ve been repeating myself here , but havent had an answer forthcoming between all the *&^*&^ flying around in here.

I tend to like Fridays but they can be released any day, any time.

Online has been weird today on xbox,stats wiped clean,no leaderboard info and lots of black screens and batting reversed on resumption.:D
Oh and i lost 2 games and the games i was winning were disconnected.:lol

Users who are viewing this thread