Discussion Online Play General Discussion

There are certain kind of situations where people quit and i can go with it..
The only valid reason of quitting should be the lag, which can be noticed only when you are batting. While bowling you do not get the lag (unless it is very slow).
It is also possible that the opposite person do not face any lag but you do while batting. So if you are batting second, you will only come to know about it when you start batting. In such scenarios i don't know whom to blame.
BUT...there are guys who complete the match till last ball and immediately disconnects making that as incomplete. These are the main culprits.
Also i think there should be demo 3 balls to play for each player to check the lag. or may be some other method, so that both players know the connection is good for batting.

No one needs to 'quit'. You have a forfeit button if you don't want to continue a match.

You've essentially described how bowling is in patch 2. I've tried and cannot bowl the ultra-slow deliveries with a fast bowler.

Thats great to know Matt. Can't wait more for the Patch #2 as I am waiting for my kid. But I guess, My Junior and patch 2 will come out at the same time :lol

There should be a limitation for the bowling speed for all the bowlers

Fast - 130 KMPH - 155 KMPH (And not all the balls can be delivered more than 145 KMPH as the bowler will obviously loose stamina)
Fast Medium - 110 - 140 KMPH
Medium Pacers - 80 or 90 - 110 KMPH

If this can be implemented then it would be more realistic.

I personally have little trouble connecting deliveries above 150k. faster they come, faster they go to the boundary ( :p ). its those slow balls they disguise in between fast ones that really gets me of guard. having said that, i can also understand where you're coming. sometimes the lags (among other things) make it extremely difficult to put bat on ball when facing pace bowlers.

PS: AL, I think, i did not abuse you when I responded

:lol

No, of course not. you're obviously excluded from the above contexts as yours was a case of disconnection rather than you trying to deny me a win knowingly.

The players i have played online on xbox have been generally fair players,the only complaint i have is that there is hardly anyone playing the game online.:facepalm.
Looks as though i will be buying the game for pc too see if there are more online players.

The players i have played online on xbox have been generally fair players,the only complaint i have is that there is hardly anyone playing the game online.:facepalm.
Looks as though i will be buying the game for pc too see if there are more online players.

That's the reason i bought ps3 version but now i will be in onsite for 6 months and waiting for steam release. looking forward to have some tough matches like we had in ashes 09 :)

bowling

Can anyone explain how some players bowl mega slow deliveries online which are almost impossible to hit.
Do they pull back on the left stick or something?,just played someone and for the life of me couldnt lay bat on these slower balls.
Also is there a way to play these?

Can anyone explain how some players bowl mega slow deliveries online which are almost impossible to hit.
Do they pull back on the left stick or something?,just played someone and for the life of me couldnt lay bat on these slower balls.
Also is there a way to play these?

Here's how folks do it...

1. Select a batsman with low bowling skills, preferably a medium pacer.

2. Press L1 for slower delivery.

3. Mistime the timing of delivery release intentionally, i.e. release it way earlier than ideal time or for a bouncer way too late.

Here's how folks do it...

1. Select a batsman with low bowling skills, preferably a medium pacer.

2. Press L1 for slower delivery.

3. Mistime the timing of delivery release intentionally, i.e. release it way earlier than ideal time or for a bouncer way too late.

Will they be able to do this after patch 2?

Will they be able to do this after patch 2?

As per Matt's findings, no. Big Ant have effectively put a range for bowling speeds, i.e. fast bowlers are limited to speeds between 131 to 155 kph and can't go any lower than 130 odd no matter what.

For what it's worth, doing a bit of online with Matt tonight on the PC version and it's much improved over the console version. Next to no lag (only a little for me against pace bowlers) and the frame rate, despite my PC issues, was pretty consistent.

Much more fun on PC, only had a couple of weird bugs (one run-out one) and only one time did I see a different thing to what Matt saw, regarding a dismissal, but again, is mostly down to my graphics setting.

Overall, much improved on PC and hopefully, it's as much down to Patch 2 as it is down to playing on a PC via Steam, but good stuff to look forward to.

A good sign that I can still get beaten and enjoy the online experience.

@MattW : Do you think that online gameplay is much better after patch#2?? And can you tell whether the WIFI issues are solved as well??

Last edited:
Well Biggs was using a laptop so maybe he was on WiFi.

Online is much improved - on Xbox I had a lot of occasions where you wouldn't see the ring around the ball - that was always there in all the matches. Plus, no real lag.

You can tell it's an online match because there's a slight delay after you hit the ball before you see where it's going, but other than that - it feels like offline.

The addition of that extra window to check out the field is very handy.

Well Biggs was using a laptop so maybe he was on WiFi.

Online is much improved - on Xbox I had a lot of occasions where you wouldn't see the ring around the ball - that was always there in all the matches. Plus, no real lag.

You can tell it's an online match because there's a slight delay after you hit the ball before you see where it's going, but other than that - it feels like offline.

The addition of that extra window to check out the field is very handy.

Were you able to hear the sound off the bat? I always has that issue of no sound so was doubtful whether I hit it or not...And other thing where the graphics shows that keeper misses the ball but when you try to run e hits the stumps...Are they rectified or did you see this in the match you played?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread