Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Or let the opposition player value his wicket and make it feel like a proper real match. Scores of 5/15 or 1/40 in 1.5 overs doesn't look so good.

So I take it you just pack your side with bowlers seeing as you only get the one wicket.
Wouldn't really help - you're not really going to get through a lot of bowlers anyway - most matches I'd use two maybe three, if I change to put a spinner on.

Unless I'm trolling Biggs, I'll just use an off the shelf team.

Just select the equalise teams option then.

I am still confused about what exactly the Normalize Function do? I mean how will the game recognize that Steyn is indeed the fast bowler and let him bowl at 158 KMPH and at the same time If someone alter the skill of Stuart Binny as Fast bowler (Same Skill set as Steyn), how the game will stop Stuart Binny from bowling at 158 KMPH.

Is anything mentioned in details about how this Normalize Option work and if indeed it work.

I think it read that it reduces or raises overall abilities to equalise the two teams but I don't know the detail.

I joined a group chat on Steam today with 8 or so people and we tried to arrange a tournament using the mode in the Online menu. It didn't go exactly to plan as some people couldn't connect to each other, so we couldn't complete the tourneys but I had three games and they were really fun even though they were Five 5 games.

I'm slowly getting better at limiting peoples scoring/slogging - kept all 3 of the guys I played in the 40s off their 5 overs.

That format with two innings with one wicket does sound excellent, I'll definitely have to try that at some point :).

Just played someone (Gilani) in a T20 game online - yeah it takes a while but I think this game really excels when you play the longer formats.

I lost the toss and bowled first, and my opponent was (expectedly) swinging for the fences from the word go... It worked to an extent while the field restrictions were active for the first six overs, with him getting to about 60/3, but then the wheels really fell off for him.

I put 5 players on the rope hoping he would continue trying to pummel everything and hit himself out, and he duly obliged... Put on a spinner and bowled 2 of his batsmen, trapped one LBW and the other four were caught in the deep... He finished on 81 all out after 10 overs.

Needing only about 4 an over I batted very conservatively, keeping the ball on the deck and using defensive shots. I get to about 40/0 and he decides he's going to try to exclusively use those really strange deliveries with his spinners... Really loopy ones that take an age to reach the batsmen with some of them bouncing twice... Lost a few wickets but comfortably got home in the 12th over with 5 wickets left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played someone (Gilani) in a T20 game online - yeah it takes a while but I think this game really excels when you play the longer formats.

I lost the toss and bowled first, and my opponent was (expectedly) swinging for the fences from the word go... It worked to an extent while the field restrictions were active for the first six overs, with him getting to about 60/3, but then the wheels really fell off for him.

I put 5 players on the rope hoping he would continue trying to pummel everything and hit himself out, and he duly obliged... Put on a spinner and bowled 2 of his batsmen, trapped one LBW and the other four were caught in the deep... He finished on 81 all out after 10 overs.

Needing only about 4 an over I batted very conservatively, keeping the ball on the deck and using defensive shots. I get to about 40/0 and he decides he's going to try to exclusively use those really strange deliveries with his spinners... Really loopy ones that take an age to reach the batsmen with some of them bouncing twice... Lost a few wickets but comfortably got home in the 12th over with 5 wickets left.

T20 is the best format in online games since majority slog from the word go and have no idea about pacing the innings. I enjoyed playing T20s during AC09 days as strategy comes into play the longer the game is. At a bare minimum T10 is the way to go and anything less (read Five5) is a lottery and can't really be termed cricket at all.

Yeap , they "kind off" fixed the Slow Ball Bouncers of the Batsmen/Spinners , but not quite there yet. Hoping in Patch 3 they are fully outlawed , fixed . But currently they are much better than pre-Patch2 at least.

Future is looking bright .

Hey guys... didn't want to open a new thread so I thought I'd post my online experience here. I'm not sure if any of you tried a test match online against your mates, but it's where DBC is best I feel. We used to play 15 over and 10 over matches, but the test scene is heaps and bounds above everything else.

Since we don't really have whole day to play, we structured a shorter version for the test scene. We play 40 overs per day (15/15/10 per session) and it normally takes us 2 hours per day to complete. One day in the game is one day in real life (so imagine how tense it is in the final few overs of the day when you bring a night watchman in - trying not to loose wickets and start afresh for the next day).

We currently playing a series, NZ vs West Indies and he won the toss and batted first. With 40 overs per day, the game has more action as now with less overs, the run rate can be high. He made 161 all out in 28 overs. I came in to bat, and at the close of day 1, I was 28 for 3 :(.

I spent the next day thinking of my strategy and on day 2, I played very conservative planned which shots will be my scoring shots and which wouldn't Managed to get 139 all out. He came in and whacked me everywhere and finished off on 50-1. I somehow found batting was hard, whilst for him with Chris Gayle and Sarwan, he dominated my bowlers.

On day 3, it was much of the same. I occasionally got wickets, but he dominated and scored abt 250 runs all out. Took him about 40 overs. Wicket seemed to get easier to bat and there were virtually no swing on day 3. I'm currently chasing a mammoth total in the 270's but in the remaining 6 overs of the day, I'm 30-1. Batting seemed to be much better than first innings.

So that's where we are now. Day 4 will be played tonight and I'm hoping the pitch didn't deteriorate too much. If it's similar to day 3, I should have a chance of getting that total. I have 2 full days to do it.

So if you guys want to try something like this, trust me, you wont go wrong. The test scene is now our favourite format. We planned it as a tour where we gonna play 2 40-over per day tests, 3 15-over odi's (substitute for 50 overs) and 2 5-over bash it up games (substitute for the T20 format).

Then we will consider other teams for another tour.

There are plenty of glitches that we have come across though. A few times, we hit the ball dead middle of the bat, the ball went 2 meters in front and suddenly we were bowled (we just consider that as an inside edge onto the stumps and kept playing. It happens to both of us and was rare, so it's still a balanced game). Other times, the bowler runs on one side of the pitch and then suddenly bowls from the other side (but it's still playable).

So even if you see these glitches, it's the same for both sides and thus keeps it balanced. But overall, the BEST cricket game I've played and this test format really filled the void that was missing for so long in cricket games. Give this a go and see if you enjoy it. Been awesome so far for me and my colleagues. :thumbs

I'm playing this on ps3 though. Doubt you guys on PC will have the same glitches.
I have the PC version as well, but this test is on ps3.

Last edited:
Yeap , they "kind off" fixed the Slow Ball Bouncers of the Batsmen/Spinners , but not quite there yet. Hoping in Patch 3 they are fully outlawed , fixed . But currently they are much better than pre-Patch2 at least.

Future is looking bright .

Yes, also was playing yesterday, where the guy was bowling slow bouncers with medium pacer,Ball was almost pitching in front of bowler foot and was hard to play, The guy disconnected at end, I won by 40 by calculation, His name was I think Dhanimaniwal(something like that)

Also just a quick question , how do we track and see .online win and lose

Not sure what you mean by ".online win and lose"

Please explain a bit more mate .

I meant the Stats, where it says how many matches you have won and lost playing online.

Thanks

On the leaderboards you can see how many games you have won, how many runs scored and how many wickets taken in the various formats, but I don't think you can see the number of losses.

Users who are viewing this thread