Discussion Online Play General Discussion

I haven't played online, mainly because my connection isn't great. But from past experiences of online games, they are all very much as Madman describes above. Some people will always find ways of winning, ways which in my opinion are not in the spirit of the game. Also, as there is no way of selecting what level you can play at, you may just play some who is much better (or worse) than your level and it is not fun. If I knew someone wanted to honestly play a full test match, and played the way you would expect a match to be played, I would be online n an instant. Unfortunately, this will almost never happen!

Online is as far as my experience is very enjoyable if you know some honest player. I have quit a few added in my steam.
But unfortunately they are not always online, Other day I try to play random person "rajas2185"
he was bowling low bouncers bouncing twice with medium pacers and I was hating it to play online,
After I played 8 overs the match got disconnected,

DBC has one of the very best player creators for letting you make freaks. Some of the stuff I've seen in the Academy is hilarious... There's no way I would be able to keep my concentration with them bowling at me :p.

As far as I can tell online is the weakest and most ignored part of DBC. The patches haven't done much apart from the critical wifi bug

For me, online is where the longevity of the game lies. I hoped this game wold do much more as they have put so mch thought and effort into the game and made the best offline experience

Well I tend to disagree here
I think online is the most enjoyable part of the game and I have till now not completed a single offline game
After patch 2 all balls in the game are playable and when someone is using slower balls the ones that bounce kind of twice they can be hit out of the park or better yet u should play with only people u know so that u know they won't quit
Anyways a bit of details about player and his connection before game can be helpful but it can be added in next iteration

I think in fact online is just awesome just look at online play and leagues forum and u will realise how good tourneys are going on there including tests which was never possible in any other games before

Well I tend to disagree here
I think online is the most enjoyable part of the game and I have till now not completed a single offline game
After patch 2 all balls in the game are playable and when someone is using slower balls the ones that bounce kind of twice they can be hit out of the park or better yet u should play with only people u know so that u know they won't quit
Anyways a bit of details about player and his connection before game can be helpful but it can be added in next iteration

I think in fact online is just awesome just look at online play and leagues forum and u will realise how good tourneys are going on there including tests which was never possible in any other games before

I don't know which game you are playing but there are visible bugs like the one's mentioned before you. I am a fan of this game but not a blind fan

Since you haven't played any offline game, well you should before comparing. Its a night and day difference

I don't know which game you are playing but there are visible bugs like the one's mentioned before you. I am a fan of this game but not a blind fan

Since you haven't played any offline game, well you should before comparing. Its a night and day difference

I was always talking about online and never offline anyways it is my personal thought that how much competitive you make the AI there will always be ways to exploit it

All i ever used to play was career, but since i played a few mates from here online. I'm hooked to playing online.. Not played career since (about 1 month now) Yes there's some annoying bugs online but none game breaking. It's a good laugh with friends online. I don't play randoms as said above it's not good. Longer forms online is more fun than the very short forms. Seems there are a few teething problems at start of a game very slow reaction when ball passes/hits the bat. After a few overs its working fine. Online is very enjoyable with the right people that is the key to an enjoyable experience online :)

I was going to say this...you beat me to it!

It is good for the future of the game that people are enjoying Online though. I don't have many friends who like cricket, and those that do are PC gamers, which means I have no-one to play with :-( oh woe is me!

Happy to play any PC.net members Online, as long you only want to play the SuperTest formats... Because why play anything else?

Also, got the game up and running on Bootcamp on the MAC and it looks absolutely glorious. Downside is online is now a much smoother framerate so I'm re-learning how to play the damn thing and Matt is kicking my ass. Just the one win last night, took the @blockerdave approach to grind out a victory...

image.jpg

I had to turn down a game with Snowy, which was a bummer... and then my connection got all pissy while playing Matt... But I'll be back on later this arvo, so it's on! Just be gentle, because I'm having to relearn everything again now it's running properly...

Users who are viewing this thread