Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Happy to play any PC.net members Online, as long you only want to play the SuperTest formats... Because why play anything else?

Also, got the game up and running on Bootcamp on the MAC and it looks absolutely glorious. Downside is online is now a much smoother framerate so I'm re-learning how to play the damn thing and Matt is kicking my ass. Just the one win last night, took the @blockerdave approach to grind out a victory...

View attachment 128624

Looks like a nice family portrait lol

Just played a good test match with jaffies,he won by 5 wickets,very well played bud if your on here.

Really enjoying this online when I get a chance to play and I've had some cracking games (mainly play 10 overs).

For me the online experience could be so much better if the following issues are addressed:-

- Being able to see the connection speeds of your opponents ( I seem to have played very few people from UK or people with decent connections - as only a handful of games I've heard the ball hitting the bat effect, which I take it is an indicator of a good connection)

- There should be more time to pick your team and get it setup with more relevance on the squad selection - Should be able to know Condition of wicket and pitch conditions/weather at this stage - possible 'player form indicators' like PES would also to useful as this would keep lineups fresh

- As others have mentioned you should also be able to see your potential opponents stats, no. of disconnects , teams previously used etc.

- Option to fix match room settings - No of overs and team selection which would ensure only teams within a certain category can be used i.e current International or IPL etc - I Don't really enjoy playing against people who have 4 star fantasy teams (very common! unfortunately) but no way to know before playing - also very annoying that you join a match room which states 20 overs then you start the match and its a 5 over smash!!

There's an option to tick when you're hosting a game to set all the base stats to the same level for both opponents. If you're wanting to have an evenly balanced match and get around the problem of an all-Tindoolka team then that's your best bet.

There's an option to tick when you're hosting a game to set all the base stats to the same level for both opponents. If you're wanting to have an evenly balanced match and get around the problem of an all-Tindoolka team then that's your best bet.
Which reallly needs to be on by default in both custom and 'quick' matches. Having to manually tick that box every time is the worst thing ever to happen to a cricket game in human history.

Can you please explain how this Normalization works exactly? I mean how ticking that Box will make a better skilled player play at a lower skill and a lower skill player play with high skill (Specially if the players are not linked with On Disc players)? What if there is a custom made player, how can the game engine decide what should be the level skill for the custom made player? I have not read anything about how this Normalization thing works, it will be great if you or anyone can give some exact details (Not your assumptions or Presumptions) how this things work.

@BigAntStudios why can't you guys offer person who d/c a loss or something to indicate the guy is a quitter. If they d/c they should lose simple instead of the person who didn't d/c have to beg for them to join the game
You had said that the game doesn't know when a person d/c. But the person who didn't can save the game. Offer them a win instead of calculate which works very rarely. I have some 20 games saved where people just quit, d/c whatever when they are losing or finish their batting. Its just not fair
It's simply not as easy as 'the person can save the game so they mustn't have disconnected'. It all depends on the type of disconnection that a player does and we can't detect most of them.

If we could, we'd be awarding the person not disconnecting with the win. We just simply cannot detect it.
If the online default/quick match is going to be Five 5, then it should be on at least Veteran difficulty. When people have 10 wickets in hand in 60 deliveries on a difficulty that is so forgiving to mindless slogging (especially with straight shots and the late cut), you're gonna end up with shit matches, guaranteed.
The difficulty in online is above Veteran difficulty. The difficulty is somewhere between Veteran and Legend. It's a set defined difficulty that doesn't appear elsewhere in the game.

I sorta agree with that, but sometimes i get dc, i have tried to continue each and every match that i got dc from immediately... Some we did continue while some just wont accept the invite... Could someone explain y do i have to add someone on steam just to continue a match with them, is there a workaround to this???
It's one of the online Steam requirements from a gameplay perspective. You must be friends to be able to send invites through their system.

Which reallly needs to be on by default in both custom and 'quick' matches. Having to manually tick that box every time is the worst thing ever to happen to a cricket game in human history.
Normalised is on by default in Quick Matches.

Could look into having it ticked for custom by default.

Can you please explain how this Normalization works exactly? I mean how ticking that Box will make a better skilled player play at a lower skill and a lower skill player play with high skill (Specially if the players are not linked with On Disc players)? What if there is a custom made player, how can the game engine decide what should be the level skill for the custom made player? I have not read anything about how this Normalization thing works, it will be great if you or anyone can give some exact details (Not your assumptions or Presumptions) how this things work.
Normalisation works by taking all the skills and coming up with an 'average' between them. So effectively, if you have a 5 star team (ALL 5's) and a no star team, you normalise out to 2.5 stars each.

Custom players work the same, the game code see's their skill level and just splits the difference between teams.

The difficulty in online is above Veteran difficulty. The difficulty is somewhere between Veteran and Legend. It's a set defined difficulty that doesn't appear elsewhere in the game.
Hmm, I have definitely found that I hit sixes more often online than offline, and many people I've played online are capable of smashing 15+ an over against even fast bowlers with the RB modifier held, which I doubt they would be able to do offline in Veteran/Legend. A few weeks ago I also hit three straight advance shot sixes in a row with a middle order Afghanistan batsman, again which I would never be able to do offline in Veteran/Legend and I barely use the advance shot so I didn't have much practice.

To me, slogging certainly seems more forgiving online.

Not bragging, but I just beat @HBK619 online. Tense finish.... Underarms were threatened. Game is clearly broken.

Hello Guys,
I am very interested in the league as well as if there are people who want to play an online match. (preferably, longer formats). Can usually play from 7:30 PM onwards (IST).
Im on Ps3
If anyone is interested, please send me a whatsapp message on 919870230691

I leave the office for a few days and this happens on day one!

Hmm, I have definitely found that I hit sixes more often online than offline, and many people I've played online are capable of smashing 15+ an over against even fast bowlers with the RB modifier held, which I doubt they would be able to do offline in Veteran/Legend. A few weeks ago I also hit three straight advance shot sixes in a row with a middle order Afghanistan batsman, again which I would never be able to do offline in Veteran/Legend and I barely use the advance shot so I didn't have much practice.

To me, slogging certainly seems more forgiving online.

+1.

Why not add an option to select difficulty and let us choose at what difficulty we'd like to play online? Aggressive and Lofted Shots are a hell lot easier Online compared to even at Veteran difficulty offline.

Users who are viewing this thread