Discussion Online Play General Discussion

I've had a couple of OK online games, mixed with a lot of poor ones with lag, complete PS3 crash, warping, catches given when the ball is played along the ground, etc.

I've not played online up till now. Has anyone had a good experience yet?

I had a very fun experience in a close game that ended in the last over. There were a couple of bugs that I noted in another thread, but there was very little lag (I think he was from SA) and it helped that both of us were inept at bowling without assists and with slowdown.

I'm going to need to play a couple more times to really evaluate it.

Last edited:
One word, buggy.

In one game with Harris online:

1) I had to bowl 12 deliveries with one bowler as the number of overs reset. :\

2) The game hanged after given the bowler out. I had to restart the game?

The game is buggy in terms of batting.

I found bowling to be easier online and the batting to be hard to impossible to do on PSN. :| :(

Last edited:
Really weird, I've had a couple of games with @RIZZYX and we seemed to be fine except for him completely forgetting about footwork in the first game :D. I didn't notice any lag or glitches in any way personally.

Very worrying news, particularly since the closest opponents I'll get are likely from the UK :(

I played a T10 game with a Pakistani lad yesterday. As the game went it was close. I made 101 and he beat be with a few balls to spare. Messages him after to say good game but we both agreed the gameplay was poor.

There were countless issues.. I've mentioned a few in my this game is terrible thread. Two that stood out:

1. Played a cover drive along the floor that was stopped on the boundary. Umpire game me out caught.

2. Moeen Ali bowled an 18 ball over. The over counter was stuck on 7 and Ali kept on running in. The score said Pakistan needed 6 off 7 balls yet the over count remained on 7 and Ali kept on running in. Maybe if I could of changed my bowler I might of won it.

Looks like that's one aspect Ashes Cricket 09 nailed pretty well. No matter what you say about that game, playing AC09 online was fun.

Yeah game was very much arcade style and pretty average as a cricket sim but online was a always good fun and had some legendary 2v2 10over multiplayer home games with the boys.

Really weird, I've had a couple of games with @RIZZYX and we seemed to be fine except for him completely forgetting about footwork in the first game :D. I didn't notice any lag or glitches in any way personally.

That first game was a little laggy for me when you were bowling, not that it would have made any difference as I was not going to hit any not knowing I had to use the left analog.

But i think our games should be ok, as we are both from UK, might be issues playing long distance.

----------

Yeah game was very much arcade style and pretty average as a cricket sim but online was a always good fun and had some legendary 2v2 10over multiplayer home games with the boys.

I miss that game, wish it still had the online gameplay.

Considering the problems with AI at present, online play will have play a huge in success of DBC in the long run. The developers are committed to the product and I am sure everything will be sorted out.

barely anyone plays online anyway its always been the case with cricket games its such a minority sport in gaming terms it will be even worse in a few months you be waiting hours to get a game lol and t10 is too long for online cricket i prefer five 5

Haha online is awesome. Just got bowled off a Mitch Johnson yorker....but oh no, it's a no ball!

No coloured marker around the ball during batting? How do I get it?

----------

Black screen of death!!!!!! After 2.1 overs and 28/0 while batting. Had to switch my PS3 on and off, which I don't want to ever have to do again.

sick of the rage quitters.thats 4 out of my last 5.although he was out caught in slips but the ball was fielded in the deep on the ground

Black screen of death seems to be online only.:noway

WTF now i know online is broken i cut a shot it runs down to the ropes fileder runs to pick it up and they all cheer and im given out caught WTF.

----------

And now its crashed then disconnected this is unreal.

----------

WTF now i know online is broken i cut a shot it runs down to the ropes fileder runs to pick it up and they all cheer and im given out caught WTF.

----------

And now its crashed then disconnected this is unreal.

LOL the online part of this game is like single player of Ashes 13

Users who are viewing this thread