Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Anybody else notice that if you bat online from broadcast view the controls are reversed even if you have already inverted them like in single player which works but online it doesnt even change no matter what the setting is on.
I know most people wont bat from broadcast view and probably dont care but i do play from that view and was wondering Ross if you could look into it.

I understand it totally , and I guess thats why it was left as an option , but now its being exploited.

If it cannot be removed , at least let us see if the game hoster has selected the option or not , thus the more savvy online guys will know to dodge the hoster , or mail him on PSN and request for him to select the normalise option.

Anybody else notice that if you bat online from broadcast view the controls are reversed even if you have already inverted them like in single player which works but online it doesnt even change no matter what the setting is on.
I think you need to change the 'multiplayer' invert options, because it seems to lump in local and online multiplayer into the same setting.

I think you need to change the 'multiplayer' invert options, because it seems to lump in local and online multiplayer into the same setting.

God dam i didnt even think about that ill go look cheers.
It works dunno how i missed that.
But still cant get a lag free game yet.

Last edited:
I would think that the Normalise Option , should not even be an option in online games. This leaves it too easy to exploit for our nefarious brothers....

I think you can check whether the option is ticked or not from the team selection menu. Press square (I think) on the screen where you have (just :p) 30 seconds to select your team, it will show you all the match settings. Though I believe for quick online matches, there should be an option available to you whether you want the system to find matches with normalization switched on or off!

I suppose to track some of this down you'd need to get a few people who have recording equipment to be able to capture both ends of the same online game and compare what's happening visually on both consoles - whether for some of these strange dismissals you're actually just having one side see it as a perfectly normal dismissal, and something crazy on the other side because the game hasn't synced up.

Just now played with FNK, the lag was terrible but we got some clue whats happening. I bowled him 3 times all are called wide but for him he hit for boundaries but umpire called as wide. As you doubt both get different visuals.

Just now played with FNK, the lag was terrible but we got some clue whats happening. I bowled him 3 times all are called wide but for him he hit for boundaries but umpire called as wide. As you doubt both get different visuals.

Todays lag was terrible. Played 3 game saved and exited all. The one we played together had me play shot down the ground was a four next frame its bowled and then umpire calls it a wide. In my other game gave away 7 wickets to ground catches. Yestersay online was perfect. Hope to play you soon jaffies :)

There should be the option to play without normalising the teams though. Perhaps I want to play my mate and I'm a lot better than him, it'd be fun to play with me as Bangladesh and him as South Africa.

I think the default setting should have "normalised" set to on or checked, and the setting should not be that accessible (similar to batting invert controls) so that majority of the folks set the games with normalisation enabled.

I think the default setting should have "normalised" set to on or checked, and the setting should not be that accessible (similar to batting invert controls) so that majority of the folks set the games with normalisation enabled.

That's why I beat my friend with England when he was using South Africa!

Offline match and we were playing upside down so if that's your high pressure then sure lets say that.:p

Some of the most high pressure cricket matches I have been involved in were played while sitting on my couch during the AC 09 days :D

I've just sent a PM to @Acid Burn explaining this stuff, but I feel this needs to be put into the public forum for people to learn and see for themselves. Especially if you're experiencing issues connecting to others.

First thing people need to do, is go and check their NAT Type. This can be easily accessed on the PS3 by going to Settings>Network Settings>Settings and Connection Status List and scrolling to the last option that says NAT Type.

Basically the main issue that comes with NAT Type 3. Connections between NAT Type 2 and/or 1 with NAT Type 3 become either impossible or very hard to connect to each other.

NAT Type 3 is 'Strict', NAT Type 2 is 'Moderate' and NAT Type 1 is 'Open'. Below is a diagram of how they connect with each other. The reason people can claim to connect to others in games like FIFA, is because the audience is much larger and thus a lot will share similar NAT Types.

1a1e56b7-3057-4109-9694-8461558b7655.JPG

If you want to learn and attempt to open your NAT settings up then watch the videos below (some may not be physically capable of doing this - so if you cannot then you unfortunately have to accept your NAT setting):

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my first online game and it was a fairly un-enjoyable experience. Without trawling through this whole thread I haven't entered before, I assume this has already happened to others but when I chose my team it didn't give me the opportunity to choose my lineup or uniform and just immediately loaded the game so in a T10 as England I was in whites and had a pretty ridiculous lineup with Cook opening the batting and Hales coming in at 8 for some reason, both Prior and Buttler in the side, aswell as Kerrigan as the default opening bowler.

Found the ball almost impossible to pick up when batting, although this could just be because I still play on amateur so maybe it's a higher difficult setting. Just seem that ball trail didn't have a colour to indicate length. Scrambled to 37-7 off my 10 overs.

Then came bowling and of course no HUD which I still haven't learned to not use. This meant I failed to release the ball about 3 times in the first over, and this coupled with having to set my field each time the batsmen changed ends meant several forfeits were offered and my opponent finally took it so I only bowled 5 actual balls.

Won't be playing online again at least until the next patch.

Main things is I think we should be given a bit more time to set the field before a forfeit is offered for delay, especially given we have to set it again the first time the batsmen change ends. Didn't help that the default field I was given was so bad that I had to change almost every position. Ended up having to settle for 3 slips and a silly mid off as I simply wasn't given enough time to move everyone to appropriate positions. My thumbs don't move fast enough in the time allowed. Perhaps give us 60 seconds the first time and save the field until we choose to change it.

Maybe the forfeit thing could consider the match situation too. For instance, on the first ball of the innings it should be clear that I'm setting my first field, not deliberately delaying things. Fair enough in the 9th over with my opponent close to winning. Similarly, not releasing the ball a couple of times in the first over is most likely due to getting used to the timing, not trying to unsettle the opponent which it may do late in the innings.

Last edited:
Just had my first online game and it was a fairly un-enjoyable experience. Without trawling through this whole thread I haven't entered before, I assume this has already happened to others but when I chose my team it didn't give me the opportunity to choose my lineup or uniform and just immediately loaded the game so in a T10 as England I was in whites and had a pretty ridiculous lineup with Cook opening the batting and Hales coming in at 8 for some reason, both Prior and Buttler in the side, aswell as Kerrigan as the default opening bowler.

Found the ball almost impossible to pick up when batting, although this could just be because I still play on amateur so maybe it's a higher difficult setting. Just seem that ball trail didn't have a colour to indicate length. Scrambled to 37-7 off my 10 overs.

Then came bowling and of course no HUD which I still haven't learned to not use. This meant I failed to release the ball about 3 times in the first over, and this coupled with having to set my field each time the batsmen changed ends meant several forfeits were offered and my opponent finally took it so I only bowled 5 actual balls.

Won't be playing online again at least until the next patch.

Absolutely the correct thing to do!!!! The next patch will surely solve all the points that you mentioned :clap:clap
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread