Discussion Online Play General Discussion

zaff4444

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I also don't have time to answer every question, particularly questions that others can answer or that are easily found with a small amount of research.

As much as I want to be helpful, I think my time can probably be better spent.

If I sold you a car it's unlikely I'd teach you to drive.

What a dumb anology,anyway i'm staying quiet coz in a no win situation coz if upset you's then get ban,also you are king mate,all i asked was why ignore a simple question to answer but straight away post that online was good for you's,anyway guess busy in convo with brown-nosed blockerdave in other thread,but man thank's to your team and you for making this class game. :thumbs

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha, oh man... The "class of 2014" are doing a great job at PlanetCricket.

zaff4444

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha, oh man... The "class of 2014" are doing a great job at PlanetCricket.

Mate i can't just be kicked then say nowt plz understand even if was obama i still will stand up if he's wrong to me,anyway sorry B-A-S team.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Wait... Obama?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a dumb anology,anyway i'm staying quiet coz in a no win situation coz if upset you's then get ban,also you are king mate,all i asked was why ignore a simple question to answer but straight away post that online was good for you's,anyway guess busy in convo with brown-nosed blockerdave in other thread,but man thank's to your team and you for making this class game. :thumbs

I've had more posts deleted than you will ever make.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
As I've said to some of your staff members... you'd be doing me a favour :)

"She whom must be obeyed" would certainly like me to get a ban when we eventually go on holidays....

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Quick question for @BigAntStudios and @HBK619...

Does DBC 14 use a particular port on PS3 that can be port-forwarded for enhancing online gameplay? Some of the games have a particular port they use and I generally forward those ports which helps quite a lot. Maybe console users can do the same to play DBC 14 online if there are any specific port(s) the game uses.
We use a default port set by Sony through their PSN service. The port number is UDP: 3658.

Speaking to our Network Programmer, he's unsure if Port Forwarding would do anything to enhance the gameplay due to the P2P nature of connections and the port being a default one from Sony.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Although port forwarding may get through firewall and NAT issues.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We use a default port set by Sony through their PSN service. The port number is UDP: 3658.

Speaking to our Network Programmer, he's unsure if Port Forwarding would do anything to enhance the gameplay due to the P2P nature of connections and the port being a default one from Sony.

Although port forwarding may get through firewall and NAT issues.

I can confirm port forwarding, or port triggering (preferable), works like a charm. Assigning static IP to my PS3 and forwarding the ports (have already forwarded 3658 as part of one of the psn ports) used by psn helped reduce lag quite a bit when I used to play Madden online and also increased net speed on the ps3 3-4 times, from 3.5/0.5 mbps (download/upload) to 12/2 mbps.

I highly recommend folks to assign a static IP to their consoles and forward ports used by psn/xbox and see the difference for themselves. If port forwarding doesn't help that much, setting up PS3 in a DMZ should enhance online gameplay.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Ron Paul 2012!

Users who are viewing this thread