Online Play

punjabi_mc29

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's been almost 2 weeks since barmyarmy reported the major bug to them. It doesn't seem like very difficult to reproduce bug from the number of reports posted here which includes people located in UK too where the game has officially been released.

I have a feeling they are not going to fix it before Aussie release i.e. if they are able to find the bug !

I agree with you. It feels like we were the beta testers for the game before they sell it to Aus, NZ etc. through retailers.

If they had sold it to Aus and NZ etc retailers straight away, there would be far more complaints and would be forced to fix the online fix as quickly asap (A good example is what happened with AC09 when it sold worldwide at the same time.)

The developers must have known about the online boundary bug before they sold it in the UK and made all of us spend our money on a broken game. They couldn't have missed that bug when they were tested the game themselves.

Thank God I have Modern Warfare 2 & Battlefield BC2 to keep me happy for the meantime.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's been almost 2 weeks since barmyarmy reported the major bug to them. It doesn't seem like very difficult to reproduce bug from the number of reports posted here which includes people located in UK too where the game has officially been released.

I have a feeling they are not going to fix it before Aussie release i.e. if they are able to find the bug !

Unfortunately, in my experience, these things are never quick. Developers always seem to go to ground for the first 6 weeks after release. Would say they are all on holiday but have seen some browsing this forum...

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ya pretty much ripped off . even online was easy on ashes 2009 and lot of quitters still ti was fun with right people .after getting all trophies i dont fee like playing the game any more. They better fix it otherwise i might sell the game .

punjabi_mc29

School Cricketer
Just recently, Kane & Lynch 2 came out. They were suffering from bad frame rates and laggy online gameplay. One of the reviewers (Giant Bomb) contacted the developer and they are already working on a patch to fix all errors.

Here's the review:

YouTube - Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Video Review

It's been months since Trickstar Games have not responded to the online boundary bug ever since launch of IC2010.

Will we get a fix when the Australian version comes out?

Dhekelian

School Cricketer
Just an idea but could someone do a standard letter outlining the problems in the game and the addresses of Codemasters and Tickstar and we could all send it to them.

surely if they felt there Aussie release was under threat they would commit to a patch?

P

pcfan123

We already tried something similar. A standard email that many people sent. Its all an exercise in futility. If they want to fix it, they will do so on their own accord, not as a result of some empty threats from a few hundred people on a forum.

Dhekelian

School Cricketer
I never suggested threats or being abusive for that matter as that will get you nowhere, I meant just pointing out the errors but if it has already been tried there is little point.

I relly hope they are working on something and not just another company like EA who have taken the money and do not care.

Afriditown07

Club Cricketer
Been playing this game for a while now and think i'm ready to get online.
Hope that people play fair and don't disconnect:doh

alioz

Club Cricketer
Been playing this game for a while now and think i'm ready to get online.
Hope that people play fair and don't disconnect:doh

You are in for a surprise....thats all i am gona say....:facepalm

essendon

School Cricketer
Seriously does anyone play this game online? I can never find a game, ranked or unranked. This is extremely frustrating.

Lee1981

International Coach
No mate, online is broke incase you didnt realise there is a disconnection bug when someone hits a boundary

Users who are viewing this thread