Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah, maybe you never seen how Salman Butt did against India in Home soil, I think Farhat can do well, I'm hoping That Imran Farhat and Afridi will open, just get a feeling, if not Then him and Malik.

kamran akmal

School Cricketer
may be you never seen how imran farhat plays in sub continent
i dont think farhat can make even one fifty against aus or eng

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
kamran akmal said:
may be you never seen how imran farhat plays in sub continent
i dont think farhat can make even one fifty against aus or eng
I agree. The way he plays, I don't see him making a century against either Australia or England. Salman Butt has done so against both.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I think Imran Farhat will do the same to if the Dear Pakistan Board give him a chance, as far as I know, I never seen him play Aussies :rolleyes:.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Sureshot said:
Malik and Butt would be my guess.

Don't expect alot from Shoaib when playing in English County last season he didn't set it alight.

Well Shoaib is always a threat, especially after the last England tour of Pakistan, where his slower balls were unplayable for the England batsmen. Moreover alongwith M.Asif, who has turned into a very impressive seamer, they could team up well to produce good results for Pakistan.

Sureshot

Executive member
I think Naved-ul-Hasan will be your most prominent bowler.

Shoaib might not even be fit, he's yet to bowl in a game since the England tour iirc.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Sureshot said:
I think Naved-ul-Hasan will be your most prominent bowler.

Shoaib might not even be fit, he's yet to bowl in a game since the England tour iirc.
He bowled against India in the test series. He played a big part in our win.

usy said:
I think Imran Farhat will do the same to if the Dear Pakistan Board give him a chance, as far as I know, I never seen him play Aussies :rolleyes:.
I meant to say that the way he throws away his wicket after making a good start will keep him from making an impact against test giants like Australia and England.

James219

International Cricketer
usy said:

Are you dead serious, or was that sarcasm? For a Farhat fan, you really should be alert to the fact that he was part of the Pakistan touring squad in 2004-05 when they came out here, and if I remember correctly, he played the first two tests. He was then dropped for the third after poor performances. I dunno how he's developed now, or whether he's matured as a player, but as mentioned, he used to sell his wicket very cheaply, after making a decent start, to irresponsible shot selection and judgement.

Last edited:

afridi25

International Cricketer
I hope the team is not batting 11

S butt
Ul haq
Youhana
Afridi
Y Khan
K Akmal
S Malik
A Razzzaq
M sami
Ul Hasan
asif
Ahktar

nightprowler10

Executive member
James219 said:
For a Farhat fan, you really should be alert to the fact that he was part of the Pakistan touring squad in 2004-05 when they came out here, and if I remember correctly, he played the first two tests. He was then dropped for the third after poor performances.
You're right, I had forgotten about that as well. Farhat averages 15 against Australia in three tests. Salman Butt averages 37.50 against Australia.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
erm, If you remember james and nightprowler, we are in 2006, where Imran Farhat has played better then Salman Butt all this year.

nightprowler10

Executive member
usy said:
erm, If you remember james and nightprowler, we are in 2006, where Imran Farhat has played better then Salman Butt all this year.
All that means is that Farhat is in form and Butt isn't. All that could change within a week.

James219

International Cricketer
usy said:

Yeah, but you implied that he hadn't ever played Australia during his test career or something, which was wrong. I'm not a follower of Pakistani cricket, but from what I've seen of both of them, Butt seems to be the better opener. I dunno how Farhat has come along of late, but as mentioned, form is only temporary.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
its all about Rana hes been doing great in the county better than Asif, and Pakistan also recalled Taufeeq Umar so he might be in the mix for the opener, if he makes the squad that is.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
say how come Mushtaq Ahmed isnt geting called up for Pakistan especially for the England tour i mean he plays there and is doing reall good.

Users who are viewing this thread