Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Welcome to PlanetCricket Dare,

Yup, I'm hoping Rana to do good in this tour.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Dare said:
say how come Mushtaq Ahmed isnt geting called up for Pakistan especially for the England tour i mean he plays there and is doing reall good.
Welcome to PC dare.

Pakistan acquired his services through the England series last year, but it was more coaching than anything else. I'm sure Pakistan would rather try newer blood like Kaneria.

Are there any other leg spinner prospects in Pakistan? I never hear of any.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Colin you coming Pakistan VS Scotland?

nightprowler10

Executive member
Shoaib may be out with injury again. This could be bad news for us. The way he handled English batsmen last year, I'm not sure we can win the test series without his help. Unless of course Rana and Asif are in form.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
But you never know, who would you have when Rana goes for too many runs, what if Asif suddenly has an injury, Our attack is not, erm.. could say up to the level without Shoaib, his temper does the job, even though sometimes he doesn't get any wickets, but cricket's not just about taking wickets. We really need Shoaib Akhater to gain some extra hopes.

Salam
Usy.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Shahid Nazir is supposed to be Akhtar's replacement? He's got some big shoes to fill. I noticed he hasn't participated in a test match since 1999. His test stats aren't terrible but not too impressive either. Wasn't it him and Asif who defeated the English in the warm-up match while playing for Pakistan A?

Anyway, I think Akhtar will be sorely missed in this test series. Is he out for the whole tour?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I hope they select Mushtaq Ahmed. This is a way better replacement then Nazir.

And because it is England, mischievous mutterings about little Mushie, currently busy tormenting English batsmen on the county circuit, still float around. Bari and Woolmer played their part, neither ruling out, nor ruling in, a Mushtaq cameo at some point in the summer.

Woolmer hinted that he might not be needed: "Danish [Kaneria] is our No. 1 spinner but we also have back-up in Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik. The pitches at that time of year in England will also have uneven bounce so we're looking more at our seam attack to do the work."

But Bari said, open-endedly: "We can't pre-plan these things and it all depends on what happens as the tour progresses, but he is in good form certainly." That form has seen him help Sussex to the top of the County table and help himself to 47 wickets from seven matches.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvpak/content/current/story/249975.html

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I cant wait till this series starts!! will be very even..Both teams missing their strike bowlers..

muhammad_inzi

Club Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
Pakistan squad has been announced.

Pakistan squad:
Inzamam-ul-Haq, Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Sami, Shahid Nazir, Umar Gul, Rana Naved, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/4993024.stm

Dude thats a very big squad

check this one its not the same.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006/PAK_IN_ENG/SQUADS/PAK_IN_ENG_JUL-SEP2006_PAK-SQUAD.html

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Well, Scotland will have to do without Dougie Brown for the ODI against Pakistan. After the refusal of two counties to release their Irish players, this is beyond a joke now.

James_W

Club Cricketer
That is a complete disgrace. This is like say Somerset refusing to release Marcus Trescothick, or is that why England have a central contracting system?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
James_W said:
That is a complete disgrace. This is like say Somerset refusing to release Marcus Trescothick, or is that why England have a central contracting system?
Counties have to release players for England even if they aren't on a central contract.

Apparantly the ICC do have regulations in place for this, but it applies only to tournaments and series, not to one off matches. ICC screw things up again!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well aslong as they dont play Umar Gul cuz he played below average in the Sri Lanka series, i would rather play Sami al tho i heard that hes not on best terms with Waqar.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not going to go to Scotland match if Shoaibi does'nt come, I and Pakistani fans (mostly shoaib fans) have waited long time for his comeback. PCB should really have added him to squad. Damn crazy, WE WANT EXPRESS BACK!

Get a lesson frrom English Football, they added rooney!!!!111

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread