Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
saisrini80 said:
His last hundred was a 111* against Kenya in the 2003 World Cup.

But still, I feel he needs to be given some time within the team. He can may be drop himself from some matches and work in the nets to find his way out. I will never throw him out of the team. That would be an immature way to handle with a talented player!
He ain't talented anymore.

well, then why don't you go and replace him? if you think he is not better!

I agree with Sai, he has to be given time. It happens in cricket and you just have to accept it. If you can't...then stop watching cricket.

I will, if i had the chance. I bet I'd score way more runs than Ganguly.

ravigoteti said:
well, then why don't you go and replace him? if you think he is not better!

I agree with Sai, he has to be given time. It happens in cricket and you just have to accept it. If you can't...then stop watching cricket.
2 years since a 100, I know it happens but how the hell does it happen for this long!?

looks like you haven't played cricket. When you are coming 1down or two down, you won't have a higher chance. Now i can't disagree with the fact that ganguly came 1/2 down quite early. Sachin scored at 17.5/match in 2003....now ganguly's the same. One thing, you cannot judge by # of centuries but rather # of runs, which is not impressive either..a mere 31 runs per match.

So all in all...ganguly's record has dipped to an avg of 31 in the last year or so but all you can do is hope for his better performance. No matter what you say or what i say, its not going to matter the team.

Till now my prediction is correct. Now Pak should win the next two matches too. Winning a match in Anmedabad will be of special significance. Pakistan will win the match and the crowd will sportively cheer the Pakistan team much like how Pakistanis cheered indian team after winning the Karachi match last year. A lot of good "Sadbhavana", even better is good "Sadbhavana in Ahmedabad".

Man i don't want it to be tie 3-3. Comeon man India should win the series. Specially Gangully need to show something otherwise he should be out of Inidan team.

sohummisra said:
If you could ask a question that made sense I would be happy to answer it.

The ICC are smart. Instead of giving Dada a 2-match ban they fined him his whole match fee. A 2-match suspension could have been a blessing in disguise for both India and Sourav. Let's hope he can make the most of his let-off and the tough conditions.

You dont have to be Einsten to figure That out sohummisra :D

cheaterr said:
He ain't talented anymore.

What? Not talented anymore??

I didnt know that talent can disappear over the years. Talent never goes away. Its just that the talent is not being used now because of a loss in form. Once one finds his form, his talent comes to the fore and he uses it fully to his advantage.

This is what I know!

saisrini80 said:
What? Not talented anymore??

I didnt know that talent can disappear over the years. Talent never goes away. Its just that the talent is not being used now because of a loss in form. Once one finds his form, his talent comes to the fore and he uses it fully to his advantage.

This is what I know!

and thats the truth! class is permanant.

If balaji is back in the team, whom are they going to kick? zaheer? or nehra? For the first time..we are seeing competition in the fast bowling department.
I think they might reconsider sending Dhoni up the order too.

Does anyone remember that a huge bloke called Inzamam-Ul-Haq scored just 16 runs or maybe even less in the whole world cup! Did he not have talent at that time !
Was it the case that he lost his `talent` for a few months and then regained it back (referring to cheaterr`s post)!!
I don`t think you have to ever worry about the form of players like Sachin and Sourav . I just went through all the posts which dealt with statistics against Sourav and I would like to just justify his place in the team with a few more statistics ,
*In most of India`s successful big run chases , Sourav has been insrtumental is shaping it up (Natwest Final , Dhaka , Rajkot , ICC Champ Trophy 2002 vs England at Premadasa ...............)
*He is the most reliable player in the slog overs (Just take your mind back to th Platinum jubilee game a few months ago where he scored a decent score)
*He is capable of handling pace as well (If you remember the towering sixes he hit of Pollock in the SA series 2001 ) and his captain`s knock at the GABBA
I agree , they (Sachin and Sourav) are not at the peak of their form but , you have to support your captain at times of crisis . Noone needs support when things are going well , its only at th tim of crisis that players need the public support .
Even Steve Waugh who had a torrid time with the bat towards the End of his TEST career was persisted with and Even Mark Taylor who failed consistently for a period of an Year was not dropped and finally he ended up breaking his run of poor form with a 334*
Sachin Tendulkar faced a lot of criticism during India`s West Indies Tour in 2002 and he responded with a fabulous century at POP Trindad and an 86 at Jamaica
Sachin also faced similar criticism during India`s tour of England in 2004 and we all know what a good tour he had ! That is the case with all big players , be it Inzy, SAchin, Sourav , Steve dada ,Lara and .....
Oh , I forgot about the most recent case of a playr being in poor form and justifying his place in the team - Damien martyn had a tough time with the bat in 2003 but came back strongly in 2004 !
I foresee a Sachin Tendulkar special in one of th nxt 3 games (mayb it will come at Ah`bad if India bat first)
Always Remember , (it may sound cliched but is always true )
(CLASS IS PERMANENT , FORM IS TEMPORARY)

I must also admit that I was never an ardent Sourav fan but I thought he needs our support the most at this point of time

Last edited:
aditya123 said:
Even Mark Taylor who failed consistently for a period of an Year was not dropped and finally he ended up breaking his run of poor form with a 334*
Difference being that even with him not doing anything, the team was still winning- India don't have that luxury

aditya123 said:
(CLASS IF TEMPORARY , FORM IS PERMANENT)
You screwed that up a bit

(CLASS IS PERMANENT , FORM IS TEMPORARY)

where did I screw it up ???
what r u talking about Brad ??? ;)

I think Ganguly must stay in the team bcoz the team is not doing too bad ATM . Also,I do not think that Australia under Taylor were an unbeatable side.
It was only post 1999 WC that they became the most formidable
Mark Taylor continued the work of building a good unit which was initiated by Alan Border and S.WAugh took over and created an invincible looking unit and the good work is being carried on by `Punter` Ponting
SO , I do not think that even Australia had a luxury of not dropping Taylor when he was failing consistently as a batsman but he was still retained as a captain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread