Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
brad352 said:
Difference being that even with him not doing anything, the team was still winning- India don't have that luxury

We have lost just a single ODI match without Saurav scoring buddy. We won the first two without him scoring. Even in the Kolkatta test, we won without him scoring. We have lost only two matches without him scoring. We were in a winning position at Mohali without him scoring too.

aditya123 said:
where did I screw it up ???
what r u talking about Brad ??? ;)

I think Brad was talking abt that IF you had put instead of an IS

saisrini80 said:
We have lost just a single ODI match without Saurav scoring buddy. We won the first two without him scoring. Even in the Kolkatta test, we won without him scoring. We have lost only two matches without him scoring. We were in a winning position at Mohali without him scoring too.
Well congratulations on taking 4 matches as an indicator of a team's performance, there's more to cricket than the current series.....

I also took the liberty of making the quote a little clearer, pay attention to the bold bits ;)
CLASS IF TEMPORARY , FORM IS PERMANENT

brad352 said:
Well congratulations on taking 4 matches as an indicator of a team's performance, there's more to cricket than the current series.....

I also took the liberty of making the quote a little clearer, pay attention to the bold bits ;)
CLASS IF TEMPORARY , FORM IS PERMANENT

This is getting into a messy argument. Aditya was right in saying Class is permanent and form is temporary.

But I as aditya said, cannot understand what you're trying to say here.. And sorry if I am not that knowledgeable to get your opinion from bolded letters. Plz explain it better on what you mean to say!

And that IF was not a problem with aditya. checked his post and its right from him. So, the problem is what you are trying to say is not being understood here!

saisrini80 said:
And that IF was not a problem with aditya. checked his post and its right from him. So, the problem is what you are trying to say is not being understood here!
He's edited his post- before it had class is temporary and form is permanent, as seen in the quote

Really not such a huge issue

Last edited:
I just bet 60 reps on Pakistan. However, I will be more happy if India wins the next match. "Sehwag Effect" seems really true at this point. Only Sehwag and Dravid are in form right now and looks like Dravid too scores only if Sehwag gets India a blistering start. Ganguly, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Kaif are all in bad form. Indian bowling too lacks the bite. May be the selectors can bring in Kumble for the last two matches. Irfan Pathan's bowling has been the biggest disappointment in this series. He is mere shadow of what he was last year when India played Australia and Pakistan. He is trying a bit too hard and the two beamers he bowled last match was a proof of this. I am not at all an Agarkar fan but may be Agarkar should be tried for the next match. At least if he fails the next match and India loses again then the series will be still open. Playing Agarkar in a match that will decide the series is just too much of a risk.

Pakistan seems to have struck the right chord now. Afridi is due for a big score. I think he will score a blistering half-century (at least) in no time in the next match. Pakistan's strength is their all-round strength. Pakistan have great batting depth and with Butt, Malik, Inzi, Youhana in good form they will be pretty tough to beat.

Yes Pathan has been extremely disappointing. He just seems to lack motivation. I think the Indian bowling spirits were really carried by him and now they are struggling out there. What's even worse is that it is another batting pitch that has been prepared in Ahmedabad. Means that whoever wins the toss can bat and put up a huge total. Probably will follow the same toss-bat first-win formula.

squiz said:
Well if you bet on the opposition you're happy either way :)
Too bad, Aussie fans cannot do that cause' betting against Australia right now is utter stupidity (Even in Women's Cricket :)) :) :) :D

sohummisra said:
Yes Pathan has been extremely disappointing. He just seems to lack motivation. I think the Indian bowling spirits were really carried by him and now they are struggling out there. What's even worse is that it is another batting pitch that has been prepared in Ahmedabad. Means that whoever wins the toss can bat and put up a huge total. Probably will follow the same toss-bat first-win formula.
Yes, batting first really is a huge advantage. The only risk is if the team batting first plays horribly. I am sure if a statistic is compiled for last two-three years for matches played in India then the team batting first must be have won majority of the matches (We can exclude Australia from these statistics as batting first or second doesn't matter to them... They always win). :D

Last edited:
I'm just wondering--aren't any of the matches in this series day-nighters? Why not if there are stadiums in India which can hold these type of games. It would be better on the players too. Just another example of the ****ed up organization of the BCCI.

thats a nice observation...yea, day-night matches would be good and will also help players cope as it won't be that hot (it might be humid though).

Well thats not really a good series then is it? If we already know before the match is played that whoever wins the toss wins the match, then there is something wrong somewhere.

sohummisra said:
I'm just wondering--aren't any of the matches in this series day-nighters? Why not if there are stadiums in India which can hold these type of games. It would be better on the players too. Just another example of the ****ed up organization of the BCCI.

I think of the venues for this series. only Delhi is capable of hosting Day/night matches. Others are small centres which had to be given matches coz of the stadium rotation policy.

They could have had the Delhi match as a Day/Night one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread