• South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• Pakistan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I predict 600 in one day here, anyone with me?

hondeyho said:
I predict 600 in one day here, anyone with me?

i am :D seeing the situation at the moment, they may also take above that!!!

surendar said:
i am :D seeing the situation at the moment, they may also take above that!!!

I got 1000 in 50 overs once, you never quite know...

But then of course in these stories you have to keep some sense of realism...

10 Over Update

At the 10 over mark, the runs have been slight reduced after 2 consecutive maidens from Naved Ul Hasun and only one six hit by Smith from the 7th over to the 10th over. Abdul Razzaq and Danish Kaneria are thought to be brought into the attack next.

resizewizard18ti.png
resizewizard27nf.png

Gibbs gets his 50

After Pakistan brought Razzaq and Kaneria on they got smashed a bit but then they bowled a consistent line and length causing many balls causing panic and stress to the batsman. This gave Pakistan many maidens in a row and slowed down the run rate and decreased the batsmens confidence but then Gibbs started to go after being stuck in the 40's for a while and after that crucial single. It re-ignited Smith's fire, Smith then struck several sixes and fours bringing him to 98 (82) after running at of steam in the 70's. South Africa are back in action and are looking very dangerous.

gibbs50copy2mx.png

South Africa are 0-155 after 23 overs.

If South Africa continue at this rate they are on track for 336 :eek:. (If they were batting first). Pakistan need to do something quickly.

Breakthrough!!!!

Pakistan have got the breakthrough by bringing Sami back on in the 23rd over, it proved slightly unsuccessful after being hit for a few boundaries but the very last ball was bowled wide of off-stump to Gibbs where hit hit it sky high on the leg-side where Razzaq on the boundary waited and took a jumping catch to break this 167 run partnership. Great innings by Gibbs though, Jaques Kallis is in next looking to end this decider in nice fashion.

gibbsout61copy4cw.png

South Africa are 1-167 after 24 overs.

Half Way through

Half way thorugh this deciding 3rd ODI between Pakistan and South Africa is very tense at the moment, the home team, South Africa looks like they have the upper hand but losing one quick wicket can resultt in a battting collapse and by then the batting side will be in a very weak positon. But with Smith on 99 it is unlikely that he won't get his century unless the bowlers come up with a ripper of a ball and manage to dismiss him. But even with the skipper gone this South African team have a very strong order still to go, it might not be strong as the Australian middle-order but it has beaten Australia on occasions.

resizewizard23cx.png
resizewizard14pt.png

The Miracle!!!!!

BOOM! BOOM! AFRIDI!!! On his second ball from his second spell he has bowled Smith's middle-stump with great hard-spinning slower ball, the first ball was a fast flat delivery right in front, the second was a much slower delivery pitched just outside the line of off-stump but spun almost as much as Shane Warne's leg breaks and Smith just totally mis-timed it and the ball spun right into his middle-stump, even I didn't see that coming. Dippenaar is in next hoping to make amends.

smithout99copy1zg.png

( Just look at the anger in Smith's face )

South Africa are 2-175 after 26 overs.

Last edited:
30 Over update

At this point of the match, South Africa are definitely going to win unless they have a batting order collapse or they get slowed down by the bowling attack. But Afridi and Malik are going along quite nicely even with the occasional boundary, they have raised the batsmen concerns by great variation of spin, speed, line and length. This combination provided a lower run rate and even several LBW appeals, including a bad decision, the umpire said it was too high but Hawkeye said it was plumb. There was also some thick and thin edges one edge if there had been a slip it would of been out and another if there were close-in fielders it would of been out too, so South Africa have been let off at times and they should take advantage of that before its too late.

resizewizard13tl.png
resizewizard27zo.png

Smith looks angry. Who said you wouldn't get him oout on 99, hmm. You never know with BLIC.

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Kaneria gets his first

Young gun, Danish Kaneria has taken his first wicket with a great top-spinner that landed in the line of Kallis's body, the ball then bounced up higher and quicker than Kallis antcipated and in panic Kallis tried to fend it off but cracked the ball long the mid-off area where Butt ran from the deep to take the catch comfortably. Pakistan need these quick wickets in order to have any chance of winning, Prince is now in.

kallisoutcopy6wn.png

South Africa are 3-210 after 32 overs.

wow looks like SAF will put up a huge total here! good luck mick! who are you playing as?

Users who are viewing this thread