Pakistan in Sri Lanka

You're right.
Pak batting failed on a decent track, exposing their problems against quality bowling. Its a situation common in sub-continent, like the recent Indian collapse in Mumbai, now both Pak. and SL failing to score big.

Very good comeback from SL. I'm impressed with Mahroof, he's turning out to be a very good bowler and a handy batsmen.
They have the edge, if they can score 250-300, Pak. will face some spin tunes from Murali.

accusynclcd said:
At the end of the day i was right again.
The pakistani team could not handle Murali, and they capitulated under the pressure he caused. Maharoof bowled well ealry on, but Murali was awesome and unlucky not to get a 5 wicket haul.
As i correctly predicted Younis Khan could not handle batting on a pitch that offered any assistance to a bowler, as he can only bat on flat pitches in india and pakistan where the scores of the team are over 600 and the matches are drawn.

Murali got just 3 wkts, 2 of them were of TAILENDERS.

NOTE: I'm not saying that Murali is not a match winner, all i'm saying is that your claim that you were right about Murali alone destroying Pak happen to be rubbish.

As for Younis Khan, in the first innings except for Farhat & Dishan, none of the Sl and Pak batsmen scored much runs, so your criticism of Younis Khan alone happen to be baseless

cricket_lover said:
They have the edge, if they can score 250-300, Pak. will face some spin tunes from Murali.

Even 200 would be enough for lanka to win the match.

MohdIrshaad said:
Murali got just 3 wkts, 2 of them were of TAILENDERS.

As for Younis Khan, in the first innings except for Farhat & Dishan, none of the Sl and Pak batsmen scored much runs, so your criticism of Younis Khan alone happen to be baseless
Murali caused pressure on Inzi and Co. which caused them to get out to other bowlers.

How many times have we seen Younis Khan fail on a true test pitch. For your information he flew in the 1st two tests in India on pitches where even Mcgrath would've made runs. And then got a golden duck in the third test which was the only test that produced a result. His batting average of 48 is a joke as he is nowhere near as good a player as his average suggests. Time after time he fails in fair conditions against quality opposition. Take his record against Australia fro example. Its shocking.

accusynclcd said:
Murali caused pressure on Inzi and Co. which caused them to get out to other bowlers.

LOL! Murali bowled well, but it was Maharoof that really stood out in the attack.Murali might get 6 wkts in the second innings (as the pitch would be land mine by then) but till now he hasn't done enough to say that he alone destroyed Pak.

How many times have we seen Younis Khan fail on a true test pitch. For your information he flew in the 1st two tests in India on pitches where even Mcgrath would've made runs. And then got a golden duck in the third test which was the only test that produced a result. His batting average of 48 is a joke as he is nowhere near as good a player as his average suggests. Time after time he fails in fair conditions against quality opposition. Take his record against Australia fro example. Its shocking.

My point is that when nearly ALL the batsmen from 2 sides have failed then to pin point a single batsmen is nothing but pure silliness.

And for your kind Info, Younis khan also scored a double ton against India while playing in India on a wkt that wasn't exactly a batting track.Don't know how many time do i have to mention this, but i guess you simply can't grab this.

accusynclcd said:
How many times have we seen Younis Khan fail on a true test pitch. For your information he flew in the 1st two tests in India on pitches where even Mcgrath would've made runs. And then got a golden duck in the third test which was the only test that produced a result. .

He also scored 77 in the very same test match too..So much so for dumb criticism

MohdIrshaad said:
My point is that when nearly ALL the batsmen from 2 sides have failed then to pin point a single batsmen is nothing but pure silliness.

And for your kind Info, Younis khan also scored a double ton against India while playing in India on a wkt that wasn't exactly a batting track.Don't know how many time do i have to mention this, but i guess you simply can't grab this.

He also scored 77 in the very same test match too..So much so for dumb criticism

Well Sri Lanka is off to a flier here and if Pakistan are in trouble chasing or playing for the draw, we will see the true ability of Younis Khan, and i expect him to fail the test - but for now, we'll wait and see.
Anyway, why did u put that stupid picture?

accusynclcd said:
Well Sri Lanka is off to a flier here and if Pakistan are in trouble chasing or playing for the draw, we will see the true ability of Younis Khan, and i expect him to fail the test - but for now, we'll wait and see.

Its a rule of cricket (since you are NEW to this game i'm letting you know) a player is NEVER judge by one test or even ONE SERIES.

Younis's Failure in a 2 test series won't tarnish is reputation, likewise even if Younis comes out with a great performance, it won't make him a great batsmen either!

No point in playing blame games/criticism.

Younis Khan is a proven player in sub-continent.

SL off to a flier, if they can hold on for some more time...either Jaya or Tharanga, their lead will increase very fast. Pak. will turn to Kaneria to do some trick..will it work?

MohdIrshaad said:
Its a rule of cricket (since you are NEW to this game i'm letting you know) a player is NEVER judge by one test or even ONE SERIES.

Younis's Failure in a 2 test series won't tarnish is reputation, likewise even if Younis comes out with a great performance, it won't make him a great batsmen either!

Well, you just summed up my point. Everyone was raving about the importance of YOunis Khan when he is clearly not a great performer. As you said, one great performance in a series doesn't make a great player and his only good performances have been against india on flattrack pitches which no one likes to bowl on.

accusynclcd said:

No , the pacers were too good for Pakistani batsmen.No point in taking credit from the promissing young pacers and giving undue credit to javelin thrower Murali.

accusynclcd said:
Well, you just summed up my point. Everyone was raving about the importance of YOunis Khan when he is clearly not a great performer. As you said, one great performance in a series doesn't make a great player and his only good performances have been against india on flattrack pitches which no one likes to bowl on.

To answer this i'm quoting what i , myself said earlier

"And for your kind Info, Younis khan also scored a double ton against India while playing in India on a wkt that wasn't exactly a batting track.Don't know how many time do i have to mention this, but i guess you simply can't grab this."

You will never get it will you?? You just saw one series and you made up ur mind, you refuse to look up at Younis other good performances in other series.

I think i summed up when i said " You simply can't grab this"

Wahindiawah said:
No , the pacers were too good for Pakistani batsmen.No point in taking credit from the promissing young pacers and giving undue credit to javelin thrower Murali.

get over it

accusynclcd said:
get over it

Why? no matter how much you like him, the guy will always remain a controversial figure.

accusynclcd said:
As you said, one great performance in a series doesn't make a great player and his only good performances have been against india on flattrack pitches which no one likes to bowl on.

What rubbish is this?? Younis Khan averages 82 against Lanka while playing in Lanka, and this guy says he's good against India only????

A true great

OK. Younis Khan is great. Whatever you say. But please do not start dishing out remarks agisnt Murali. He is a legitimate world class bowler and lets just leave it at that.

accusynclcd said:
OK. Younis Khan is great. Whatever you say. But please do not start dishing out remarks agisnt Murali. He is a legitimate world class bowler and lets just leave it at that.

No he is not even near great, but he's a decent batsman and he has good record against SL, so your claim that he has only performed against India is a lie.

As for Murali, his action is illegitimate. I might stop talking about his action, that would change nothing as i think everyone knows that even after retirement ppl will question his action from time to time.

BTW, I'm rooting for Lankans and hoping that they will win the match by 150+ runs.

At the same time i'm hoping that it will be Lankan pacers that bowl out the most of the Pak batsmen and hopefully Murali won't have much say in this match.

Users who are viewing this thread