Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Wahindiawah said:
Lankan B team is in a poor situation right now, i guess Sl is badly missing its senior players.
You calling the SL team a B team is getting on my nerves. They're only missing two senior players just like we are.

accusynclcd said:
if we had anywhere near a full team, we would win byan innings

And why you think that way? Is it that Sri Lankan full fedge team very strong or is it that Pak team is crap??

Anyway, its sad that SL team is hit by injuries, hopefully they will recover soon and will be back in action.Hope to see Akhtar recover from his injury soon too.

Pakistan on top right now with 101-3 and they will be looking to get a lead of upto 250 runs...

End of Days Play : Sri Lanka 185
Pakistan 124/4 (32.0 ov)
Pakistan trail by 61 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Really good bowling by Pakistan in the morning, especially Mohammad Asif who got 4 wickets gave Pakistan high hopes, and got the Sri Lankans out for just 185. Then when Pakistan came to bat Shoaib, Younis Khan and Faisal Iqbal all failed but Imran Farhat made good 69 to keep Pakistan on top, Before end of days play Inzamam with 30 and Abdul Razzaq on 1 still not out.

Don?t you think Farhat is consistent?, I hope people still don?t think he is crap.
To some people who though Sri Lanka will trash Pakistan, well Sri Lanka were no where near that.

Wahindiawah said:
Lankan B team is in a poor situation right now, i guess Sl is badly missing its senior players.

unlike england whose B,or may be u can call C team is playing without six main players but they have done terrific to draw a test series in india with their full team. Srlinka is playing without attapattu and vaas but its not that much big loss .

Didn't expect that Pakistan would play a match without Yousuf, Rana and Akhtar. Good thing is that Pakistan has good back up bowlers. But the problem is with the batting.

I actually expected low scores on the pitches of Sri Lanka. So no surprise for me so far. If Pakistan reaches 300 runs it will be difficult for Sri Lanka to come back.

Getting 300 on that pitch will be hard, especially when the top order batsman are out, All depends on Inzamam-ul-Haq and Abdul Razzq.

The ball from Asif that Sangakkara was great. Sangakkara left the ball, but hit the off stump.

But the wicket of Samaraweera was even better. Manjrekar said it was the first time he saw a ball pitching from the off stump when somebody left the ball and it went on to hit the leg stump. :clap

Asif's future is bright.

Akmal is still to come so they can still make at least 250+...if they don't get out that is...

Farhat plyed well for his 69, though he looked better against spin rather than against pace, but once again after playing so well he threw his wkt.This is the trademark of Imran Farhat's innings.

usy said:
Don?t you think Farhat is consistent?, I hope people still don?t think he is crap. To some people who though Sri Lanka will trash Pakistan, well Sri Lanka were no where near that.
I would like him a lot more if he got out to good deliveries rather than throwing his wicket away.

@ People who saw the match, how did the Samaraweera wicket compare to the Laxman wicket?

Pak 40 behind and have just 4 wkts in hand.

Lanka are right on top, batting last on this wkt would be very difficult.It looks to me that the match is slipping away from Pakistan

Pak are 13 runs short and have just 2 wkts in hand.

I have a feeling Pak will lose this match, i don't think Pak is capable of getting a score more than 175 in second innings on this pitch.

All Hail Murali

At the end of the day i was right again.
The pakistani team could not handle Murali, and they capitulated under the pressure he caused. Maharoof bowled well ealry on, but Murali was awesome and unlucky not to get a 5 wicket haul.
As i correctly predicted Younis Khan could not handle batting on a pitch that offered any assistance to a bowler, as he can only bat on flat pitches in india and pakistan where the scores of the team are over 600 and the matches are drawn.

Users who are viewing this thread