Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Good win for Pakistan. We once again climb upto #3 position in the rankings. I hope England give India a thrashing in ODIs (highly unlikely) so India can stay behind Pakistan. Razzaq deserved to be MOTS, he batted like a lion where everybody else failed.

Well Pakistan won the series, but not as convincingly as was expected from them. None the less they need to get their act together and perform well in the test matches. They indeed needed to neutralize Murali but still the batting has been seriously bad and needs to get sorted. Inzi must lead by example.

Lets se whoz way the test series goes, I say Pakistan 1-0 Sri Lanka.

usy said:
Salman Butt scored 26 in first ODI and 4 in second , adds up to 30.
Imran Farhat scored 46 today, this is profe that Imran Farhat an'it crap, BTW Pak_cricketer and MohdIsahd hope you enjoyed the match :p.

Did you actually watch the match?? coz after scoring a good 46 runs Imran Farhat again threw the wicket!!!!!

he should have got a 50, but he didn't.The guy again wasted a chance, when is he ever going to learn?

Imran Farhat, smartly subdued in Malik's slipstream till then, took over. Despite Muralitharan's presence, he sustained momentum, using his feet to hit boundaries square and straight. Jayawardene changed his bowlers round with little luck; Malinga, Murali and Lokuarachchi all came and went for plenty runs. And then, just as his inclusion ahead of Butt was looking justified, not for the first time Farhat inexplicably lost his cool charging down to Dilshan four short of a well-deserved fifty.

when will some people stop criticizing, :rolleyes: its just that if he gets a 46 , "Ohh why did he throw his wicket", gets a 0 "what a crap player",... all you can say.. over and over again.

usy said:
when will some people stop criticizing, :rolleyes: its just that if he gets a 46 , "Ohh why did he throw his wicket", gets a 0 "what a crap player",... all you can say.. over and over again.

Don't tell me you don;t say that :p

usy said:

Poor shot draws criticism, always have and always will, better get use to it.No one called Farhat crap coz he got out for a duck, i have always maintained that after building an innings he throws his wkts, and this is what he did in the last match too.

The statement about Farhat i quoted was from Cricinfo!Granted Farhat did better than Butt , but if Farhat continues to throw wkt like this then he will be out of the team soon.

Hariz said:
Well Pakistan won the series, but not as convincingly as was expected from them. None the less they need to get their act together and perform well in the test matches. They indeed needed to neutralize Murali but still the batting has been seriously bad and needs to get sorted. Inzi must lead by example.

No its wasn't a convincing win and i feel a bit dissapointed. I think our batsmen are still not on top of the game, they will have to be at the level best to beat Lanka in the test series.

How come some people find so called "quoteds" and i don't and
60685.jpg

Hahaha :D.

usy said:
How come some people find so called "quoteds" and i don't and

Go to cricinfo website, and then read the match bulliten by Osman Samiuddin and you will find it.

Btw, you don't wanna hear anything negative about Farhat (thats what you said in your thread about the Legend) thats why you probably don't end up reading anything negative about the "legendary wkt thrower" Farhat

Sureshot said:
Have we got any lads from Sri Lanka on here?

Never noticed any.

Yep still around, just hiding in embarrasment.

Congrats to Pakistan, with four players out for Sri Lanka it was always going to be difficult. It's like Pakistan playing full Sri Lankan team with out Inzi, Younis Khan, Afridi & Razaaq. There would have been no way they would have won a game.

Good to see still Sri Lanka young players still did manage to give a good fight. Pakistan did struggle fair bit, but they always had the palyers to get through.

Still pissed off about the first game. If it wasn't the rain SL had a good chance of winning that game.

Hondo said:
Yep still around, just hiding in embarrasment.

Congrats to Pakistan, with four players out for Sri Lanka it was always going to be difficult. It's like Pakistan playing full Sri Lankan team with out Inzi, Younis Khan, Afridi & Razaaq. There would have been no way they would have won a game.

Mind you they are still without Akhtar.

At present Pak are not at the best of their game, when they are playing well, i reckon they would have beaten Lanka even without Razzak,Afridi and Younis, though Inzi's absence would have made their task very difficult.

Well I don't rate Akhtar as a great bowler. I think there are better fast bowlers in Pakistan than him. Ok I'm not gere to start a war about Akhtar so let's not start one. This is just my opinion. In my mind he hasn't done much in recent times. With his injuries and having spat with the team/management his form has gone down.

Too bad, casue I was so excited by him when he first came to the scene. He needs to get a good bowling caoch so he can thought to bowler better and controll his pace and to bowl a bit more smarter. Otherwise he could have been a great bowler for Pakistan.

Hondo said:
Well I don't rate Akhtar as a great bowler. I think there are better fast bowlers in Pakistan than him. Ok I'm not gere to start a war about Akhtar so let's not start one. This is just my opinion. In my mind he hasn't done much in recent times. With his injuries and having spat with the team/management his form has gone down.

Can you name those better fast bowlers then?? In the words of Srinath & Rameez Raja, half the wkts the Asif got against India in the recently concluded series were due to Akhtar's effort, thats happen when pressure is applied from other end.
I think Akhtar's form has ONLY GONE UP and not down.The spat with team management happened long time back 9did you hear anything negative being said by Inzi or Woolmer about Akhtar recently?) and after that he had played a vital role in Pak teams' victory against England and India.England's captain described Akhtar as the difference between the two team, i think that say it all.

He needs to get a good bowling caoch so he can thought to bowler better and controll his pace and to bowl a bit more smarter.

He has a good coach in Waqar now, but i think he's a smarter bowler himself, his slower ball against England were very good.I don't think he should control his pace, that would just destroy his career, he need to bowl as fast as he can, the only problem that Akhtar has is his fitness, unfortunately thats something that can even end his career prematurely.

Users who are viewing this thread