Pakistan in Sri Lanka

I didn't follow the recent series against Pak and Eng so I can't comment on it. Good to see has done well then, but I really lost interest following his career about two years ago. If he has done well recently, he needs to keep it going. I hope he does cause he has the potential to be a legend. I wasn't aware Waqar has taken him under his wings. Which is great. Let's hope he turn around his career and all the controversy. I think Brett Lee had enough lime light, It's time to someone else to step up.

Hondo said:
I think Brett Lee had enough lime light, It's time to someone else to step up.

lee has done well mostly in Onedayers, in test matches he still hasn't fared all that well.

Problem with Akhtar is that he recently had undergone knee surgery, and its not easy to make up a comeback after knee surgery.Saqlain underwent surgery a couple of years ago and is still struggling with fitness.lets hope that Akhtar can gain full fitness, otherwise his career might just end like this.

He has arthritis as I understand it.

Recovering from knee surgery for a very active sportsman with Arthritis doesn't bode that well imo.

Can't see him in England this year.

Well he is confident that he will make the English tour, the rest period is just two month so he has ample time for it.But as you said the guy also has arthiritis (a degenerative one) and as such things have become complicated and its possible that he might not make the English tour, and if that happen then i'm afraid he will be out for a long time and perhaps his career would end like that.

Wahindiawah said:
Unfortunately he will always be a controversial player and Warne (rightfully) would be remembered as the greatest spinner ever!
Muttiah Muralitharan is twice the spinner Shane Warne is.And Murali's action is within the limits specified by ICC,so I'm unable to understand that how is it 'illegal'?

Before we get this thread turning into a Warne vs Murali battle remember this
"Everyone has their own opinions"

Now lets get back to Pakistan and SL playing test matches.

I would say that Sri Lanka has the home advantage as the have shown they r superpowers at home. They dont lose so easily at home whereas some countries r not that good at this area.
But Pakistan has the psychological edge after winning the ODIs.
Sri Lanka have chances that Jayasuriya mi8 return. So lets see
If Pakistan r able to defeat Srilanka at their home its going to very big achievement but its going to be really tough for them.

The Pakistani bowlers aren't bowling bad, but the conditions are suiting them. I hope they paid some attention to the batting. But I am still expecting low scores from this match.

And about the toughness to beat Sri Lanka: Pakistan hasn't lost a single Test in Sri Lanka since 18 March 1986 which is about 20 years from now.

Latest news from Colombo 500 GMT : Rain has stopped, and play may begin in 2 hours if there is no more rain. - Source : ATN Television.

Play finally starts. Sri Lanka 18/3 already with Asif taking two wickets. Sangakarra was fooled by a straight ball. This looks like it might be a low scoring match, so we might just get a result. :D

Worst possible start really from Sri Lanka. Their top order was crucial in posting a decent score. Two bowlers I havn't heard much about. They sound promicing.

irottev said:
Worst possible start really from Sri Lanka. Their top order was crucial in posting a decent score. Two bowlers I havn't heard much about. They sound promicing.
Muhammad Asif has been in the spotlight in Pakistan since the last test against India when he took 7 big wickets. Before then he got a 10 wicket haul against England in a warm-up match. He came on the scene against Australia in 2004 but was pretty much worthless. Since then he has been deemed the most improved bowler in Pakistan. I've watched him bowl, and to be honest he kinda reminds me of McGrath.

Umer Gul was 2003/4 season's star bowler but has been plagued with injuries.

Lankan B team is in a poor situation right now, i guess Sl is badly missing its senior players.

Users who are viewing this thread