Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Wahindiawah said:
In 3 matches he has got 8 wkts at 63 average!

I think a part timer like Afridi's bowling average might be better than that in Australia

if that's tests you're talking about, he hasn't played a test in Australi since 1995.
in fact his odi record in austrlia is impressive.

290.4 overs
10 maidens
1335 runs
47 wickets
1 4wiket haul
4/27 Best Bowling
28.40 Average
37.11 Strike rate
4.59 Econ.

Last edited:
Afridi has improved both his Batting and His bowling, he is a usefull allrounder. He has an Average of 39 in Tests, and 23.75 in ODIs, and his bowling is pretty good as well. 32 in Tests and 36 in ODIs.

Razzaq is even better. He has this feature to change his game, he could play it slow, or he can be just as dangerous as Afridi. An Excellent player to have!

One reason as to why Murali gets wkt at home (more than half of his wkts are at home) is because of landmines pitches tailor made for him and the support from the crowd he gets at home.In Australia the crowd just psyche him out by their nasty remarks

accusynclcd said:
if that's tests you're talking about, he hasn't played a test in Australi since 1995.
in fact his odi record in austrlia is impressive.

290.4 overs
10 maidens
1335 runs
47 wickets
1 4wiket haul
4/27 Best Bowling
28.40 Average
37.11 Strike rate
4.59 Econ.

I'm not talking about ODI, test is the real format, and if he has not played over there then he opted out himself which itself is a defeat.

Well most of the reason that Warne gets wickets is because of his Appealing, like Asif did. Prefectly good, because its up to the Umpire to make the final desision, and the appeal makes the Umpire more under presure.

Murali's record against India in India is also poor, 31 wkt from 8 matches with an average of more than 39!!

Pak_cricketer said:
Well most of the reason that Warne gets wickets is because of his Appealing, like Asif did. Prefectly good, because its up to the Umpire to make the final desision, and the appeal makes the Umpire more under presure.

Warne pressurises the umpires into wrong decisions. its almost like the umpires are scared to give a close decision to the benefit of the doubt to the batsmen when warne's bowling because they are sucking up to him and want to get along well with him. Murali on the other hand is very sprtsmanly and takes every decision with a smile and that's why he is good to watch.

accusynclcd said:
Warne pressurises the umpires into wrong decisions. its almost like the umpires are scared to give a close decision to the benefit of the doubt to the batsmen when warne's bowling because they are sucking up to him and want to get along well with him. Murali on the other hand is very sprtsmanly and takes every decision with a smile and that's why he is good to watch.

Warne might pressurize the umpire like many other players ( N Mongia, Moin Khan, Waseem Akram etc) but atleast he has a legal action.

Murali's action will always be controversial, and his doosra was an absolute disgrace. He simply cannot affored to do anything nasty after all this, already he has done enough to bring the game into disrepute.

Wahindiawah said:
Warne might pressurize the umpire like many other players ( N Mongia, Moin Khan, Waseem Akram etc) but atleast he has a legal action.

Murali's action will always be controversial, and his doosra was an absolute disgrace. He simply cannot affored to do anything nasty after all this, already he has done enough to bring the game into disrepute.

his actions has been declared legal so lets move on

accusynclcd said:
his actions has been declared legal so lets move on

Unfortunately he will always be a controversial player and Warne (rightfully) would be remembered as the greatest spinner ever!

Pakistan win series 2-0.

Youssuf seeing Pakistan home with a 50.

Wahindiawah said:
Murali's record against India in India is also poor, 31 wkt from 8 matches with an average of more than 39!!

Warne averages 47 in India.

Salman Butt scored 26 in first ODI and 4 in second , adds up to 30.
Imran Farhat scored 46 today, this is profe that Imran Farhat an'it crap, BTW Pak_cricketer and MohdIsahd hope you enjoyed the match :p.

Nice to see Pakistan winning the series. Although I had expected them to win it, but not with this kind of difficulty. Their own errors resulted them that they took too much time (and wickets) to win the match.

Quite a few i think, Hoda is a Sri Lankan ? ( not sure tho, don't get angry if i am wrong :p)

accusynclcd is actually the first one I noticed here.

Users who are viewing this thread