Pakistan in Sri Lanka

MohdIrshaad said:
This on paper comparison thing is all but rubbish, India are stronger on Paper but lost the test series to Pak, England too were strong on paper but again lost the test series to Pak.

Interestingly some of the players you mentioned aren't even available for the series.

If they are so strong, then why are they at the bottom of ICC test ranking?????

i hope you're not suggesting that younis khan is better than sangakkarra, jayawardene and jayasuriya?

accusynclcd said:
i hope you're not suggesting that younis khan is better than sangakkarra, jayawardene and jayasuriya?

What has that to do with the topic?? Younis Khan has to face Murali/Vaas, Jaya and Jaya has to face Asif,Rana,Gul and Danish.

At the end of the day, its the better all round team that wins the match, and not the one that "seems to be better on Paper"

Dilshan is a world class player?? a batting ave of 38 and a bowling ave of 36!!!

Samaraweera has a good ave of 45, but his away average is just 30!!! World class indeed...LOL!

MohdIrshaad said:
What has that to do with the topic?? Younis Khan has to face Murali/Vaas, Jaya and Jaya has to face Asif,Rana,Gul and Danish.

At the end of the day, its the better all round team that wins the match, and not the one that "seems to be better on Paper"

younis khan has not proved himself against quality opposition overseas. he did nothing against australia. Sangakkarra on the other hand was the leading runscorer in the VB series with over 400 runs and five fifties. Jayawardene was second with 6 fifties. Jayasuriya made 1 hundred and a couple of fifties. Younis Khan did nothing in australia, and that is what i mean by saying that on paper these three are far better than Younis Khan can ever hope to be.

I think Lanka will beat Pak because of Murali, Pak will struggle against him.If you take out Murali from Lanka team, then they would struggle to compete with any international side.

We are not saying that our players are "World Class". But you have to accept that Pakistan has probably the best all-rounders list.

accusynclcd said:
younis khan has not proved himself against quality opposition overseas. he did nothing against australia. Sangakkarra on the other hand was the leading runscorer in the VB series with over 400 runs and five fifties. Jayawardene was second with 6 fifties. Jayasuriya made 1 hundred and a couple of fifties. Younis Khan did nothing in australia, and that is what i mean by saying that on paper these three are far better than Younis Khan can ever hope to be.

You miss the bottom line, and that is that Younis Khan would be playing in ASIA and not in England or Australia and against a QUALITY OPPONENT.

I said it earlier that i can't say how Younis will perform while playing in England.I'm NOT RATING him above Sang and others and i'm also not a fool to write him off in future.Legend like Miandad struggled in England initially but later on scored heavily over there!!!!

If Lanka is so better on paper then why are they ranked at the bottom in ICC test ranking??? Do you have any answers??

MohdIrshaad said:
You miss the bottom line, and that is that Younis Khan would be playing in ASIA and not in England or Australia and against a QUALITY OPPONENT.

I said it earlier that i can't say how Younis will perform while playing in England.I'm NOT RATING him above Sang and others and i'm also not a fool to write him off in future.Legend like Miandad struggled in England initially but later on scored heavily over there!!!!

If Lanka is so better on paper then why are they ranked at the bottom in ICC test ranking??? Do you have any answers??

recently we played some tough series, once we start playing more home series, we will slowly climb back - eg. vs Pakistan at home [easy], vs. england away [hard]...etc.

gambino said:
guys is the match 3 hours away or tomorow?
im pretty sure its tomorrow

is there any way of watching the game live video on the net?

accusynclcd said:
recently we played some tough series, once we start playing more home series, we will slowly climb back - eg. vs Pakistan at home [easy], vs. england away [hard]...etc.

So playing at home is the only way you can climb up the ladder??

A world class team performs everywhere, not just at home.

accusynclcd said:
younis khan has not proved himself against quality opposition overseas. he did nothing against australia. .

that way Younis Khan has a more chance of establising himself as a world class player then that Javelin thrower Murali who has failed each and every time he has played in Australia and is infact not willing to even play in Australia.

Wahindiawah said:
that way Younis Khan has a more chance of establising himself as a world class player then that Javelin thrower Murali who has failed each and every time he has played in Australia and is infact not willing to even play in Australia.

i thought he did really well this time apart from the 99 runs in 10 overs

In 3 matches he has got 8 wkts at 63 average!

I think a part timer like Afridi's bowling average might be better than that in Australia

I'm talking about test matches and not ODI

Users who are viewing this thread