Pakistan in Sri Lanka

anakwalajinn said:
^^^

Hahahahahahah you are funny man! :D
I don't know about tests.
But he was not a threat during the first 2 ODIS? =/
Also he didn't get a wicket.
He got hit for 99 runs and no wickets against Australia (10 overs)
I think a couple of months ago? :p
Ofcourse every bowler is great when he has his better days!
Kaneria can ****** up the hole Lankan batting squad if he is in the right form that day! =/
For instance when he killed Windies who just required a small total to win last year. Chanderpaul & Lara who were making fifties and hundreads all innings, he got them both out for ducks! :D
It's cricket. Anything can happen! =P

But can someone please tell me what Inzi actually said? It felt like we were chasing 434????? :p :p :D

The way Pak struggled against Lankan "B" team, its more than likley that they will get thrased by Lankan team in the test matches.

Lets all be sensible and except that Lanka is a better team than Pakistan

Farhat, who is now certain to be tried out in the third ODI on Wednesday, has got scores of 24, 14, 0, 38 not out, 11, 17, 20, 28, 24, 8 and 16 in his last few one-day games

Farhat is not Special, I could start a thread about Imran Nazir and Taufeeq Umar, and I could have more facts behind me to put them in.

Farhat can only come in for a full time batsman, as the all-rounders and bowlers don't deserve to be dropped, Its your batsmens responsiblity to score the runs, not you lower order.

aghh, Farhat rules x 10000 = yes. now don't start plzz.

Get one thing straight, Farhat is only in the team because Pak is left with littlle option to choose from. Nazir,Butt,Hameed,Umar,Bazid have all failed as an opener and Farhat too was a failure, this is going to be his one LAST chance.

If Farhat fails, then i think Pak would consider asking quality middle order batsmen to open the innings, Asim Kamal comes to mind.He was tried once as an opener and he failed but if he wan't to continue his career then he should seriously thing about opening the innings.

Wahindiawah said:
Get one thing straight, Farhat is only in the team because Pak is left with littlle option to choose from. Nazir,Butt,Hameed,Umar,Bazid have all failed as an opener and Farhat too was a failure, this is going to be his one LAST chance.

If Farhat fails, then i think Pak would consider asking quality middle order batsmen to open the innings, Asim Kamal comes to mind.He was tried once as an opener and he failed but if he wan't to continue his career then he should seriously thing about opening the innings.

at the end of the day, it won't matter if it is Farhat, Nazir, Butt, Hameed or Saeed Anwar for that matter, none of them will handle Murali with any conviction.

accusynclcd said:
at the end of the day, it won't matter if it is Farhat, Nazir, Butt, Hameed or Saeed Anwar for that matter, none of them will handle Murali with any conviction.

Murali??? So you mean to say that Lankan pacers are useless and ur hopes are pinned on Murali alone? All ur post talk about just one guy in Murali, i think its a big insult for Lnkan team as this way they are made to look like ONE MAN TEAM.

If the openers falls against Murali, then i would say that they would have done a relatively satisfactory job, as they would have by then see off the new ball. If the openers do that and see off the new ball pacers, then i think Pak team would put up a good total.

And Pak team have two players in Inzamam and Younis Khan who i think will ply Murali very well.

MohdIrshaad said:
Murali??? So you mean to say that Lankan pacers are useless and ur hopes are pinned on Murali alone? All ur post talk about just one guy in Murali, i think its a big insult for Lnkan team as this way they are made to look like ONE MAN TEAM.

If the openers falls against Murali, then i would say that they would have done a relatively satisfactory job, as they would have by then see off the new ball. If the openers do that and see off the new ball pacers, then i think Pak team would put up a good total.

And Pak team have two players in Inzamam and Younis Khan who i think will ply Murali very well.

if Vaas is out for test series, Murali might open the bowling as Maharoof is injured. Anyway, Inzy is good but i doubt he can handle Murali

In Jang Akbaar its written that Farhat and Malik are going to open for Pak in the second onedayer.I think its a better move, hope Younis Khan bats one down, though Pak is thinking about Afridi batting at one down slot.

BOB woolmer is going to retire from coaching after 2007 WC.

accusynclcd said:
if Vaas is out for test series, Murali might open the bowling as Maharoof is injured. Anyway, Inzy is good but i doubt he can handle Murali

Thats a shame, u are just insulting the Lankans, i mean just coz Vaas & Maharoof is injured Murali is gonna open?? Doesn't Lanka have any other pacer???

Pak is without Akhtar,Shabbir & Sami.And if today they loses Asif and say Rana Naveed, even then they will have pacers to open the bowling for them.

As for handling Murali, i think Younis Khan handles him the best, Inzi is a class act and there is no reason as to why he can't handle him.Also there are others in Yousuf,Afridi,Akmal,Razzak and 2 openers, if even 2-3 of them manages to tame Murali, then i think Pak will be in good position.

MohdIrshaad said:
As for handling Murali, i think Younis Khan handles him the best, Inzi is a class act and there is no reason as to why he can't handle him.Also there are others in Yousuf,Afridi,Akmal,Razzak and 2 openers, if even 2-3 of them manages to tame Murali, then i think Pak will be in good position.

Inzamam is a legend, no doubt about it, but Younis Khan is overrated. he has only scored runs against india on flat run fest pitches and has not really proved himself when the going gets tough. Yousuf Youhana is also very good, but Sri Lanka's middle order of Jayawardene, Sangakkarra, Samaraweera and Dilshan on their home conditions is much stronger.
if you add atapattu and jayasuriya as the openers (hopefully fit) then we have a much stronger line up even if atapattu doesn't play Tharanga is a young star.

accusynclcd said:
Inzamam is a legend, no doubt about it, but Younis Khan is overrated. he has only scored runs against india on flat run fest pitches and has not really proved himself when the going gets tough. ..

How is Younis Khan OVERRATED?? We are not talking about Younis performance overseas, the last time i checked SL was in Asia, and Younis will be playing in Asia again.Younis has scored runs on turning pitches in India when the team was in trouble, so to say that he has not proved himself when the going gets tough is nothing but a laugh!

How Younis is going to perform on the seaming pitches of England remains to be seen though.

MohdIrshaad said:
How is Younis Khan OVERRATED?? We are not talking about Younis performance overseas, the last time i checaked SL was in Asia, and Younis will be playing in Asia again.Younis has scored runs on turning pitches in India when the team was in trouble, so to say that he has not proved himself when the going gets tough is nothing but a laugh!

How Younis is going to perform on the seaming pitches of England remains to be seen though.

be that as it may, Sri Lanka's top and middle order destroy Pakistan''s

inzi could easily handle any spinner in the world if he doesnt play that sweep shot!!
even a bowler like powar got him with a sweep shot!!

accusynclcd said:
is that why sri lanka were brushed aside by india and the same bowling attack that destroyed lanka conceded over 500 runs in 3 innings against pakistan just a few weeks later?

gambino said:
inzi could easily handle any spinner in the world if he doesnt play that sweep shot!!
even a bowler like powar got him with a sweep shot!!

is that why sri lanka were brushed aside by india and the same bowling attack that destroyed lanka conceded over 500 runs in 3 innings against pakistan just a few weeks later?

on those pitches, even mcgrath could have scored a hundred

accusynclcd said:

Remains to be seen.

But if i was a Lankan fan and had same opinion about lankan team as you have i.e Murali opening the bowling and being the lone warrior then i would be very worried about the team.

Years back India use to be a one man team in Sachin and use to suxs, now they have an assembly of World class batsmen and are therefore a very good test team.Sl must find match winning bowlers, this dependence on Murali will destroy Lankan cricket

Users who are viewing this thread