Pakistan in Sri Lanka

MohdIrshaad said:
Remains to be seen.

But if i was a Lankan fan and had same opinion about lankan team as you have i.e Murali opening the bowling and being the lone warrior then i would be very worried about the team.

Years back India use to be a one man team in Sachin and use to suxs, now they have an assembly of World class batsmen and are therefore a very good test team.Sl must find match winning bowlers, this dependence on Murali will destroy Lankan cricket

you might be forgetting a left arm seamer who has taken 300 wickets in each format of the game. (VVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)_

accusynclcd said:
on those pitches, even mcgrath could have scored a hundred

I'm talking about pitches in INDIA. And if McGrath would have scored a ton in India, then why haven't he done so far??

Not only are you degrading Indian pitches, but you are also degrading Indian bowlers just to devalue Younis Khan's innings.

Pakistan relied too much on their bowlers, I.E Waqar, Shoaib, Wasim, Saqlain, etc. And If you over use your bowlers, Injuries will occur, that is what usually happened, not to Wasim because he was fit.

MohdIrshaad said:
I'm talking about pitches in INDIA. And if McGrath would have scored a ton in India, then why haven't he done so far??

Not only are you degrading Indian pitches, but you are also degrading Indian bowlers just to devalue Younis Khan's innings.

i wasn't responding to your quote, but anyway the series was played in Pakistan For your information!

accusynclcd said:
you might be forgetting a left arm seamer who has taken 300 wickets in each format of the game. (VVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)_

You are the one who was just talking about Murali.

And Vaas's absence shouldn't be a big deal, England are missing Jones but they still have quality pacers, India aren't playing Zaheer Khan but they have found great talent in Munaf,Santh. Pak don't have Akhtar but they have Asif,Rana and Gul.

accusynclcd said:
i wasn't responding to your quote, but anyway the series was played in Pakistan For your information!

For your KIND INFORMATION, before the last Indo-Pak series, a series was played in INDIA in which Younis Khan excelled in avery difficult situation with his double ton!

MohdIrshaad said:

And Vaas's absence shouldn't be a big deal, England are missing Jones but they still have quality pacers, India aren't playing Zaheer Khan but they have found great talent in Munaf,Santh. Pak don't have Akhtar but they have Asif,Rana and Gul.

For your KIND INFORMATION, before the last Indo-Pak series, a series was played in INDIA in which Younis Khan excelled in avery difficult situation with his double ton!

and we've got Maharoof, Prassad, Perera, Fernando, Malinga, Bandara all quality back up players. All i was saying earlier, was that Murali is a class well above anyone else and that's why Pakistan will not be able to handle him. That was my point which you clearly misunderstood.

MohdIrshaad said:

if u go back to the previous page, i was responding to GAMBINO'S quote and this person was reffering to the recent india-ppakistan series played in pakistn. which you took as yours so for Your Information, - you're wrong again.

accusynclcd said:
and we've got Maharoof, Prassad, Perera, Fernando, Malinga, Bandara all quality back up players. All i was saying earlier, was that Murali is a class well above anyone else and that's why Pakistan will not be able to handle him. That was my point which you clearly misunderstood.

No , you clearly said that Murali would OPEN THE BOWLING in the absence of Vaas and Maharoof!!!

There is a reason why Lankan are tigers at home and lambs abroad.they just relies on Murali to win matches for them on landmines at home and when they play outside Asia they struggle.

MohdIrshaad said:
No , you clearly said that Murali would OPEN THE BOWLING in the absence of Vaas and Maharoof!!!

There is a reason why Lankan are tigers at home and lambs abroad.they just relies on Murali to win matches for them on landmines at home and when they play outside Asia they struggle.

last time i checked sri lanka is in asia, so according to your statement, we should wallop pakistan.

MohdIrshaad said:
No, because Pak too are Good while playing in Asia....LOL!

you're argument goes around in circles - there is no evidence to back you up. you just claim the first thing that comes to your mind.

If your saying that Srilanka is a Stronger team than Pakistan you really havn't been paying attention. We beat India in the Test Series, and England in both series, when they were coming from the Ashes.

accusynclcd said:
you're argument goes around in circles - there is no evidence to back you up. you just claim the first thing that comes to your mind.

Thats a pretty dumb statement.

If you look at Pak recent record, they have done well while playing on sub-continent. They drew 1-1 with India in India (something which is considered very difficult) won test series against Enland and India at home.
This proves that they have a good record in Asia.

So sir, what other evidence do you want??

Pak_cricketer said:
If your saying that Srilanka is a Stronger team than Pakistan you really havn't been paying attention. We beat India in the Test Series, and England in both series, when they were coming from the Ashes.

atapattu
jayasuriya
sangakkarra
jayawardene
samaraweera
dilshan
vaas
murali

all world class players and on paper far stronger than Pakistan line up.

accusynclcd said:
atapattu
jayasuriya
sangakkarra
jayawardene
samaraweera
dilshan
vaas
murali

This on paper comparison thing is all but rubbish, India are stronger on Paper but lost the test series to Pak, England too were strong on paper but again lost the test series to Pak.

Interestingly some of the players you mentioned aren't even available for the series.

accusynclcd said:

If they are so strong, then why are they at the bottom of ICC test ranking?????

Users who are viewing this thread