Pakistan Tour of England and Ireland - July/September 2016

Throw Hafeez out of the team.[DOUBLEPOST=1470483832][/DOUBLEPOST]Not only does he gift his wicket to the opposition, he also gifts chances to their batsmen.

Yes, in the first innings of the this current Test. He tried hitting a wide ball that he could've left off the fourth ball of the Pak innings. Such brainless shot selection

Can't Azhar Ali open or something? If I was captain, I would be tempted to unleash Iftikar Ahmed also. He seems a decent batsman, should replace Hafeez

Can't Azhar Ali open or something? If I was captain, I would be tempted to unleash Iftikar Ahmed also. He seems a decent batsman, should replace Hafeez
Yep, that'd be better. Iftikhar can get more runs than Hafeez.

This has been a see-saw test but I think England can take it from here. We're due a Pakistan batting collapse and the English lead is far too much. Quite remarkable to gain a lead of 300+ after going down by a 100.

This is sad to watch. Pakistan dominated at least 2 and a half days of test cricket and got a lead of a 100...only to get battered around by an England who looked hapless in their first innings. Then they surrendered so meekly on the flattest pitch seen all summer.

Pak 124/3 then 125/7! Brilliant collapse :facepalm. I'm starting to get reminded by the test series India played in England in 2014, where after the Lord's Test, they just fell apart. I wonder if we'll be talking in the next few years that subcontinent teams can't play well on fast pitches and swing bowling :D.

Pak 124/3 then 125/7! Brilliant collapse :facepalm. I'm starting to get reminded by the test series India played in England in 2014, where after the Lord's Test, they just fell apart. I wonder if we'll be talking in the next few years that subcontinent teams can't play well on fast pitches and swing bowling :D.

This has been quite different as Pakistan have been more competitive than any other Asian touring side in the last half a decade. They won 2 and a half to 3 days of this test hands down, then a special knock from Ali changed things and Pakistan just didn't recover...on a flat pitch, so not much to do with pace bowling or different pitches. It's more to do with Pakistan's fragile batting mentality.

Pakistan have also produced and broken some century old records while they've been here and each test has been exciting. Not to mention Pakistan have out fielded Englad for last stretches too.

The recent England v India series' have been very one sided. In that 2014 series England won by an innings and many runs on 2 occasions. I was expecting Pakistan to capitulate in the same manner but they haven't. I just feel they need a middle order that can hold on and play ugly.

Well, it's all to play for at Oval where Pakistan have done well.

This has been quite different as Pakistan have been more competitive than any other Asian touring side in the last half a decade. They won 2 and a half to 3 days of this test hands down, then a special knock from Ali changed things and Pakistan just didn't recover...on a flat pitch, so not much to do with pace bowling or different pitches. It's more to do with Pakistan's fragile batting mentality.

Pakistan have also produced and broken some century old records while they've been here and each test has been exciting. Not to mention Pakistan have out fielded Englad for last stretches too.

The recent England v India series' have been very one sided. In that 2014 series England won by an innings and many runs on 2 occasions. I was expecting Pakistan to capitulate in the same manner but they haven't. I just feel they need a middle order that can hold on and play ugly.

Yes, Pakistan have been a lot better than India on their previous two tours here but Pakistan are a much better team than India.

It is Sri Lanka (2006 and 2014) who have given England the most problems out of the Asian teams.

You are right for the most part, though I meant that both India and Pakistan won at Lord's, but India lost the rest of their games. It was just a passing remark that this could happen to Pakistan, except different manner of defeat

Users who are viewing this thread