Pakistan Tour of England and Ireland - July/September 2016

Azhar needs to open in the next match and Rizwan should play instead of Hafeez.
Imran should come in for Rahat.
I'm hoping against hope that Imad Wasim gets called up.

I'd like Iftikhar to replace and Hafeez, while Azhar to open. Rizwan would be a better option instead of Sarfraz, and I don't think that Imad suits for test matches. Babar instead of Shah would be good too because Shah hasn't performed since his ten wicket-haul at Lord's.

Pakistan ODI squad announced:

Azhar Ali (capt), Sharjeel Khan, Sami Aslam, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Umar Gul, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Nawaz.

IMO, Sohail Khan should have been selected instead of Mohammad Nawaz.

Is there anyone you think actually has a highly suspect action from Aus, Eng or NZ? It could perhaps be that these nations weed out the issues at lower levels rather than let them get through to international cricket.

Spot ON ....

Guess all that ranting from Umar Gul about he was fit and that persuaded the selectors to select him. It's a good selection.

The Gul-dozer's back!

I should post my xi based on our current squad for the 1st ODI.

:bat: Sami Aslam
:bat: Sharjeel Khan
:bat: Azhar Ali
:bat: Babar Azam
:ar: Shoaib Malik
:wkb: Sarfaraz Ahmed
:wkb: Mohammad Rizwan
:ar: Imad Wasim
:ar: Wahab Riaz / Hasan Ali
:bwl: Yasir Shah / Umar Gul
:bwl: Mohammad Aamir

OUT:-
:bwl: Hasan Ali
:bwl: Umar Gul
:ar: Mohammad Nawaz
:bat: Mohammad Hafeez (drop him from the squad for god sake!)

Yasir and Gul's selection could be based on whether the pitch suits them or not. Wahab could be dropped for Hasan Ali if Wahab doesn't perform well in the first 2.

I just really hope Hafeez gets injured during the next Test and gets ruled out of the One-Day series...

Last edited:
The Gul-dozer's back!

I should post my xi based on our current squad for the 1st ODI.

:bat: Sharjeel Khan
:ar: Wahab Riaz / Hasan Ali
:bwl: Yasir Shah / Umar Gul
:bwl: Mohammad Aamir

OUT:-
:ar: Mohammad Nawaz
:bat: Mohammad Hafeez (drop him from the squad for god sake!)

Yasir and Gul's selection could be based on whether the pitch suits them or not. Wahab could be dropped for Hasan Ali if Wahab doesn't perform well in the first 2.

I just really hope Hafeez gets injured during the next Test and gets ruled out of the One-Day series...
Mark my words, Hafeez will play instead of Sharjeel. Also, we should play with six bowlers. Malik isn´t good enough to bowl 10 overs. Our probable lineup

Sami Aslam
Azhar Ali
Mohammad Hafeez
Babar Azam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Shoaib Malik / Mohammad Rizwan (if Hafeez can bowl)
Imad Wasim / Mohammad Nawaz
Yasir Shah
Wahab Riaz
Hasan Ali / Umar Gul
Mohammad Aamir

Mark my words, Hafeez will play instead of Sharjeel.
Yeah. That was just the Xi I wanted to see. But that's not gonna happen, because our team management, Shaharyar Khan and his Teddy Bojangles...
Also, we should play with six bowlers. Malik isn´t good enough to bowl 10 overs. Our probable lineup.
I was hoping Azhar and Babar would have a little bowl as well.

My XI would be:

:bat: Mohammad Rizwan
:bwl: Wahab Riaz

IMO, Sharjeel wouldn't last for long against the English bowling just like Hafeez. Plus I don't like the exclusion of Sohail from the squad. Aamir hasn't been up to mark as well.

Yes, Pakistan have been a lot better than India on their previous two tours here but Pakistan are a much better team than India.

It is Sri Lanka (2006 and 2014) who have given England the most problems out of the Asian teams.

SL have done surprisingly well in those tours ,especially without Murali but Pakistan in this series have actually been part of a competitive, see-saw series. If it wasn't for the awfully biased punditry on Sky and just the horrible way they have presented this whole series (they did the same with SL earlier in the summer), this would be a highly regarded series. It's been far more competitive than the last Ashes and one of the better series' in terms of how much England have had to fight at home. That Lords test may be the second best test played this year (the first is the Windies outstanding draw).

Once again, the selectors have ignored Junaid Khan, Sadaf Hussain, Amir Yamin and Fawad Alam. Why are there so many part-time spinners in our squad? They should have picked Aamir Yamin in place of Muhammad Nawaz.

My playing XI for the first ODI:

:bat: Mohammad Rizwan
:bwl: Wahab Riaz
:bwl: Mohammad Amir

That Root one where he was shining the ball was never tampering. The Pakistani news channels were saying it was tampering the way he spun the ball. Anderson one did look like it though

Users who are viewing this thread