Pakistan Tour of England and Ireland - July/September 2016

Yeah, thinking about it, the next two tours will decide if we're the "rightful" no.1. But I think we're the best going by numbers.

Last edited:
NZ and Aus tours are going to test Pakistan if they are worthy of the No.1 ranking. Just because they drawn an England series doesn't mean they're best in the world exactly. In my opinion, if they win in NZ and Aus, then they will be the best in the world. If you look at previous series (Eng in Uae, Bang and SL) Those weren't any big tours, putting England aside. Numbers are just numbers.

Pakistan have also drawn against NZ in the most recent test cycle if I remember correctly and just going off of the rules the ICC have put forward, it's remarkable India have maintained a number 2 spot. Australia going to no. 1 was odd at best.

Like I said previously, over a span of 4-6 years, we haven't had a clear test no. , South Africa were a very good place holder side for a while but they have fallen away in recent months with that horrendous thrashing at the hands of India. So, the team which has the best shout, should be Pakistan considering their record, the fact that they have had 2 different stages had 2 of the world's best spinners, 2 of the worlds best batsmen and had the adversity of no home cricket. Add to that away wins over Bang, SL, draws away against Eng (highly rated as a top 3 test side for half a decade) and NZ.

If Pakistan can come away with a draw at the very least against NZ, they really solidify their position.

Add in a good showing against Australia and there shouldn't be much argument.

If only we could get a Pak v India series next year as a heavyweight knock out battle to then ultimately settle the score...but alas the problems with the BCCI and various states that have been uncooperative will not let it happen.

They are a very good team, no doubt that. In 2010 to 2012, they also played a lot at home which is why they are rated then as "consistent". You could say Aus is consistent as a whole when they at home. All the bowlers need to prove themselves (Amir, Rahat and Wahab) taht they can take on the best in the world. Aus is going to be a tougher tour.

India essentially built their no. 1 ranking but winning home test series after home test series. Eventually they got to England and looked like a flacid excuse for a team. So it's unfair to use the same measuring stick and say Pakistan playing at home can't be a positive. And I use the term "home" loosely.

If Pakistan do well on the next two tours, there will be no doubts about the "rightful" no.1 team.

I was really surprised not to see Root and other important Test players being rested, and Duckett, Billings and Malan not making the team.

Pakistan have also drawn against NZ in the most recent test cycle if I remember correctly and just going off of the rules the ICC have put forward, it's remarkable India have maintained a number 2 spot. Australia going to no. 1 was odd at best.

Like I said previously, over a span of 4-6 years, we haven't had a clear test no. , South Africa were a very good place holder side for a while but they have fallen away in recent months with that horrendous thrashing at the hands of India. So, the team which has the best shout, should be Pakistan considering their record, the fact that they have had 2 different stages had 2 of the world's best spinners, 2 of the worlds best batsmen and had the adversity of no home cricket. Add to that away wins over Bang, SL, draws away against Eng (highly rated as a top 3 test side for half a decade) and NZ.

If Pakistan can come away with a draw at the very least against NZ, they really solidify their position.

Add in a good showing against Australia and there shouldn't be much argument.

If only we could get a Pak v India series next year as a heavyweight knock out battle to then ultimately settle the score...but alas the problems with the BCCI and various states that have been uncooperative will not let it happen.

Pakistan drawn aganist New Zealand? That series was in 2014. You are talking this up like rankings don't change every few months and they change it every 4 yrs. I don't undersatand why its remarkable that India are at No.2. It looks as if you are underestimating India. They are No.2 cause they thrashed South Africa and they didn't lose very badly against Australia plus beat Sri Lanka away. Even Australia essentially built their No.1 ranking by winning at home and in South Africa, West Indies. You were right about Pak solidifying their position aganist Aus and Nz, but that is going to be very, very,very tough. I wish them all the best.

If Pakistan do well on the next two tours, there will be no doubts about the "rightful" no.1 team.

I was really surprised not to see Root and other important Test players being rested, and Duckett, Billings and Malan not making the team.

Exactly! Thats what i was talking about

Brilliant from Pakistan! Brilliant! Also, Younus Khan shut me up real nice. Humble pie doesn't taste so good, but I'm glad that it was dished out to me from neighbours on the other side of the border than anyone else and while England are one of my favourite teams, World Cricket can do with a strong Pakistan! Top class again from them and congratulations to their fans! Well deserved rewards.

Will the ODIs between Pakistan and Ireland telecasted on PTV Sports or Ten Sports?

Now Hafeez will perform well against Ireland and cement his place in the team for the next series.

My Team for 1st ODI vs Ireland

1) Sharjeel Khan
2) Hafeez
3) Babar Azam
4) Azhar
5) Shoaib Malik
6) Sarfaraz Ahmed
7) Imad
8) M.Nawaz
9) Umar gul
10) Hassan Ali
11) Amir