Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yousaf is too cool to be a international captain.
still it very early to say anything but a lazy guy like him can't be a good captain what I think.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
F**ken hell...

Shane Bond has been ruled out of the rest of the Test series against Pakistan due to a torn abdominal muscle. Bond was the Player of the Match in the thrilling win in Dunedin, where he took eight wickets for the game in what was his first Test in two years.

Bond suffered minor abdominal discomfort following the 32-run victory and scans on Tuesday revealed a one-centimetre tear in an abdominal muscle. The New Zealand team manager Dave Currie said Bond would be rested from the second and third Tests as a precaution.

Injured Bond out of Test series | Cricket News | New Zealand v Pakistan 2009-10 | Cricinfo.com

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Are you serious? :facepalm I really like Bond but will he ever be able to stay fit... Jeez. New Zealand has lost this series now, I think. Their bowling was pretty average if not for Bond in the last match. He really lifted the team.

P

pcfan123

Yea O'Brien might not have produced if Bond had not set him up. Its his 1st Test back in 2 years, I had a feeling they might have overbowled him a bit :doh

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea, by playing only 4 bowlers, there was a lot of pressure on the fast bowlers....who do you think will come into the squad? Arnel or Southee?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Heh, seems funny to say they're resting him as a precaution when these are the two most important matches scheduled in the next 3 months. Oh well, he got them one win, they're half-way there.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Heh, seems funny to say they're resting him as a precaution when these are the two most important matches scheduled in the next 3 months. Oh well, he got them one win, they're half-way there.

Hopefully he's good to go against Australia when the test series starts, after these two tests we pretty much have no cricket until Australia visit in Feb/March.

Tim Southee better get the call up though, would be good to get him some test experience in New Zealand before the Aussie's get here. Darryl Tuffey just isn't quick enough IMHO.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Poor Bond, his injury woes continues. Thought he would be able to end his career injury free but not to be.

Ari

International Cricketer
Wellington normally has some life in it so I wouldn't count our guys out of it.

Napier will be a road if you lose there you only have yourself to blame.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
We are one - nil up, going into Wellington which should have more in the pitch than Dunedin had. Bond has just run riot over the Pakistani top three/four. PLAY HIM!

Personally I think it is pretty stupid resting him as a precision, surly we take him to Wellington play him there, and that's all he needs to do till Australia visits next year.
Even if he just opens the bowling and bowls a five over spell every session, we would most likely still get more out of him than Tuffey, who I'm guessing will take his place as he was 12th man in Dunedin.

irottev

School Cricketer
Knew Bond would be injured. It's not his fault. 4 bowlers. He was just overbowled. I'm not surprised.

However it's only precautionary. I'd rather he took the next 2 tests off and didn't get badly injured. Media are making a big deal about it but he'll be fine.

I guess Southee comes into the side. I'd play 5 bowlers. I don't give a hoot about balance etc. We simply need another bowling option, especially with no Bond.

Otherwise they're going to have to find an all-rounder somewhere. Not many around. Chris Harris should definitely be selected lol. (sad thing is, i'm half serious. I'd almost select him) Maybe Styris should be bribed to come play 2 one off games.

my XI:

Guptill
McIntosh
Fulton
Taylor
Elliot
McCullum
Vettori
Southee
Tuffey
O'Brien
Martin

It still bats to 7, what's wrong with that. Fact is, Flynn gets no runs anyway, a bowler will actually make more than him. Therefore we don't actually lose any batting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread