Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pretty harsh on Fawad Alam tbh. He averages 57 in first-class cricket and scored 168 on test debut, he's a very promising batsmen.

His technique and the ways he got out were horrible.

P

pcfan123

How long do we think play will be delayed? Also whats with the noon starts, bad light ended play on virtually all days of the 1st test, start earlier!

irottev

School Cricketer
Wouldn't expect play before lunch. Whether they move forward Lunch half an hour and start around 2:00ish or the normal time at 2:40 i'm not sure.

The field was very very wet.

Unless it starts raining I can't see the delay going much further past the lunch break.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Wouldn't expect play before lunch. Whether they move forward Lunch half an hour and start around 2:00ish or the normal time at 2:40 i'm not sure.

The field was very very wet.

Unless it starts raining I can't see the delay going much longer than the lunch break.

Do they have the "super sopper" machine there to assist in drying the ground?

irottev

School Cricketer
They do yeah, they said in the build up tat they tried using it and it filled up really quickly so it wasn't very useful until there wasn't so much water.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Also whats with the noon starts, bad light ended play on virtually all days of the 1st test, start earlier!
I wish they would start earlier, Its probly because Pakistan time suits a later start better.

Do they have the "super sopper" machine there to assist in drying the ground?
Yes they do.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
They do yeah, they said in the build up tat they tried using it and it filled up really quickly so it wasn't very useful until there wasn't so much water.

Ah OK.

CaptainOZ added 10 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Can someone fill me in..... why was Salman Butt ever dropped? Did his form ever get that bad?

P

pcfan123

Butt never gets the big innings, in his last 20 innings he has a lot of 20s-40s and his highest is 60odd, guess they just got sick of the little cameos. Need someone who can get the big innings or at least bat the 1st 2 sessions of the day!

His last test 100 was in 2005

nikhil_99

International Coach
Pakistan have made 3 changes, Misbah, Salman Butt and Kaneria , will be intresting, looking forward for Kaneria's performance, he will be laying after long time, and he has ability to surprise the opposition...

P

pcfan123

Can't believe they went with Farhat over Manzoor, at least Manzoor did not drop 4 catches!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Looks like we got an out-of-control moderator here - first he deletes my harmless post, then he deletes his post and then deletes my post which quoted his post.

So what if my original post contained an old topic? Just let it be, man!

Users who are viewing this thread