Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

Yes! He's gone. But I must say I've been very impressed with Umar Akmal. Certainly one of my favourite players right now.

Poor shot selection all round by Pakistan today. Should only be 2 down otherwise

At this pace and on a wicket that has batsmen rattled easily, O'Brien could chuck a few more bouncers in.

Yousaf has once again failed to inspire the team. I do not blame him any more, he is incapable of playing under pressure. It was very stupid of PCB to nominate such a player as a captain. Younus was doing good in test cricket. Even if he failed to make a good score, he would inspire the team in the field through a brilliant catch, a stop or a run out. Yousaf is incapable of any brilliance in the field too. I do not see Pakistan test victory Drought get any better under such pathetic leadership.
Also for umpteenth time I am inclined to say that We have to get rid of scum like Farhat. He is not test class. His father in law is a big shot in Pakistan and he keeps on playing international cricket. He is at best ICL stuff where he can thrash lolly pop medium pacer bowling at 125 KPh.
In the end, its the selection committee and PCB that is to blame for Pakistan poor run of form in Test Cricket. They have ditched players like Taufeeq Umer and Asim Kamal in favor of likes of farhat :facepalm.

Last edited:
Even Tuffey has a chance with the short one!

angryangy added 12 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Worth a review.

Another terrible dismissal for Pakistan. Unbelievable. You can hit Vettori for a six or two, but doing it again and again, probably not going to get away with it. He's going to trap you eventaully because of his amazing changes in pace and flight. Totally did him.

That was always plumb. Worth a review purely coz they had 2 in hand still.

And people say Vettori is over-rated. 3-40 first innings, zero assistance. He's odds on going to take 5.

Last edited:
We'll well on top now.
Their 6 wickets have fallen for under 100 runs.
Not what I'd call a good batting display by their middle order, a very poor effort by PAK.

Vettori is just all class... what a player of the game.

Umar looked like he was in a hurry, Tuffey bowled him a cracker so can't complain about that. Malik's shot was really poor though and its been another average batting display. Yousuf should be leading from the front not making a duck.

Umar looked like he was in a hurry, Tuffey bowled him a cracker so can't complain about that. Malik's shot was really poor though and its been another average batting display. Yousuf should be leading from the front not making a duck.

Anyone can get out early, the Pakistani openers shouldn't have got out when they did, especially after they got a start. Same can be said for Misbah and even Akmal.

Missed everything after yousufs wicket :facepalm was hoping for a umar 50

We'll well on top now.
Their 6 wickets have fallen for under 100 runs.
Not what I'd call a good batting display by their middle order, a very poor effort by PAK.

Vettori is just all class... what a player of the game.

Pakistan`s batting in both ODIs and Test cricket has been pretty ordinary for sometime. They messed things up badly after being odds on favorites to win the first two test matches in Sri Lanka.

Users who are viewing this thread