Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

Should just drop Fulton for Southee, im sure Southee would make more than 29 runs in 3 innigns :laugh

Yeah, I made that point after the first test, bring in the forth seamer and drop either Fulton or Elliot.

Loving cricinfo right now:

"I'd like to point out that despite his many failures, Sinclair's record still blows away McIntosh, How, Flynn, Redmond etc both at test and first class level. Tests 1595 runs at 32.5 and 1st class 11150 at over 48. It's a shame NZ's selection policies cost him his confidence at the top as he was a class player. Not suggesting he should be brought back, but surely NZ shouldn't go down the same road of discarding quality players because they're out of form, then picking them again as they're up against it. Great way to undermine a players sense of ability.That said you still have to ask whether McIntosh is really up to test cricket."

"While their is a concern about the Kiwi top order, have a look at their cricket domestically. No one is putting their hand up to take their place aside from the same old names that have been tried and tried again. My concern is more about their bowlers. Martin 34 Tuffey 31 O'Brien 33 Vettori 30 (and Bond 34). Put that against Australia now: Bollinger 28 Siddle 25 Johnson 28 Hauritz 28 and Hilfenhaus 26. There's a 20yo bowler in Tim Southee who recently took 8-27 in the Plunket Shield. No reason for him not to be playing right now in place of any of the three 2nd Test quicks."

Too right.

Wow, just got home from a round of golf and.... 4 down for not many!:facepalm
Maybe a bit early to say, but I think Neil Broom is knocking on Fultons door.

Otago are currently 171-6 and Broom's 69* and going strong, backing up his 196 in the last round. He must surely come into the test squad for the 3rd test.

:eek:Whew, not out... looked very very close tho!

NZ need a big change in their batting line-up. We cant keep persisting with guys like Flynn, Fulton and McItosh and expect them to come right. All 3 need to go now!

If Pak win it here will be a good set up for Napier, too bad its prolly the flatest wicket in NZ

And another one down, All of the pressure and expectation on Vettori now, As usual

Well, vettori is very difficult to get out by the Paki bowlers......the captain and Elliot need to fire.

Users who are viewing this thread