Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010

That was a perfect use of UDRS, that is what the system is for

WHS.

I still see Pakistan don't like strokeplay. 40 ball duck from Azhar Ali this time?

You can't draw a match after being bundled out for 70 either.

Hopefully we see some fightback ( or at least actual batting) from the Pakistanis tomorrow, it seems like they plan right now is to block everything.................... for the next 3 days. Thats not going to work

Just because he's getting runs doesn't mean he's in form.

Exactly. He averaged something like 16 in the innings, 80 runs across five times should have been out/or was finally - or is it six? His innings was Pakistani in its class, could easily have been five or six wickets down before 100

He was VERY lucky with the dead ball, in badminton the rules clearly state that if you're not ready to receive service then it is a let, BUT if you play it then that rule does not apply. The umpire was calling dead ball as Pietersen moved to leg, but if that had been a one day match he could have just been moving to leg so I think he should have gone. It was a stupid mistake on his part, why should he be let off? A woman on "the chase" the other week pressed the wrong button even though she knew the right answer, she paid the price and rightly so.

Awful collapse by England, but then had Pakistan held their catches England would have probably been out before they reached 200 and the match on. So those blaming England for being boring and taking catches should blame Pakistan for their poor fielding/catching.

I'd like to say the game is intriguingly poised, but until Pakistan show some backbone in their batting then it won't be an interesting series. The new keeper is as bad as Akmal, the catching is poor and frankly with a young side fielding should be at least as good if not sharper.

Pakistan batting - series/career averages

Farhat : series 44 runs @ 14.67 / career 2253 runs @ 33.13
Butt : series 16 runs @ 4.00 / career 1777 runs @ 30.64
Ali : series 19 runs @ 6.33 / career 158 runs @ 22.57
Amin : series 26 runs @ 8.67 / career 85 runs : 12.14
U.Akmal : series 25 runs @ 8.33 / career 659 runs @ 34.68
Malik : series 50 runs @ 16.67 / career 1603 runs @ 34.11

Yousuf : career 7431 runs @ 53.08
Hameed : career 1450 runs @ 34.52

K.Akmal : series 0 runs @ 0.00 / career 2624 runs @ 32.00
Haidar : series 0 runs @ 0.00 / career 0 runs @ 0.00

With Akmal, he was dropped like Jones was for England because of batting lapses tied in with catches dropped, even though the rest of the team was as guilty of dropped catches. While the keeper will catch more than most in a match/career, I would think more catches go to other areas combined so the catching capacity of the keeper is always much overhyped. Can't excuse his batting, but since Haidar seems as bad if not worse, then that could be costly. I think it is poor selection if you drop a keeper or batsman after one Test, although if the side is godawful can you run the risk of going 0-2 down without making changes

That delivery was out of this world.

Swann has improved so much in the last few years its unbelievable; I can see him running through the Pakistani batsmen here as he's getting big drift, big spin and he's accurate.

Themer added 10 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Massive spin here and another wicket. Beautifully bowled.

Pakistan look like they're going to collapse but because of the spin this time.

This is what I was saying the other day. It doesn't matter if they can pick the doosra better than England, when simple off breaks will get them to play loose shots.

Seriously, the more I see of Umar Akmal the less I rate the lad. Obviously he's got a lot of natural talent, far more then any of his teammates, but his technique against the quicks just doesn't fill me with any confidence as he doesn't seem to play forward nor backward, everything is so crease bound.

Seriously, the more I see of Umar Akmal the less I rate the lad. Obviously he's got a lot of natural talent, far more then any of his teammates, but his technique against the quicks just doesn't fill me with any confidence as he doesn't seem to play forward nor backward, everything is so crease bound.

Agree. Smacks a few 4's, technique is suspect to say the least.

and he's out.

Lucky, lucky boy. Would have been a shocker of a debut :laugh

England's bowling is fantastic. Coupling that with some dreadful batting decisions from the Pakistanis and you end up with these pathetic totals.

Users who are viewing this thread