Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010

If Pakistan are gonna win this game, then it'll be done in about 30-40 overs at the most, so Gul does not necessarily have had to bowl in the grand scheme of things.

Umar Amin and Malik can be fillers, providing the other three strike bowlers with some respite. After a spell of about 6 overs from either fast bowler, i'd get Ajmal on, and get Asif going on for a bit longer, then get Umar Amin on whilst Ajmal attacks. After a while replace Amin with Aamer, while Ajmal carries on. Bring in Malik later, etc etc.

Anyway, getting too far ahead of ourselves. 112 is not a match winning score in itself. They need more runs.

gul being injured probably doesn't matter. Asif and Amir will have to be on a roll to have any chance of winning this, Ajmal is probably a handier option to have as england struggled against him and he can keep it tight.

I suppose you have to hand it to pakistan for forging some sort of match out of this, of course if they drop more catches tomorrow all that work will be worthless.

:laugh @ the talk of Pak winning this. The only way they could win this if they were bowling to themselves. 150 to get at most in 2 days with the likes of Strauss, Trott, KP, Colly, Prior Swan ..........

:laugh @ the talk of Pak winning this. The only way they could win this if they were bowling to themselves. 150 to get at most in 2 days with the likes of Strauss, Trott, KP, Colly, Prior Swan ..........
If we took our catches, England wouldn't have even made 140.

It can happen.

Because teams have never collapsed in the 4th innings when they really shouldn't have ?

No one's saying Pakistan are favourites...just saying what the Pak dressing room would be telling themselves. It's not an utterly lost cause just yet.

As laughable as it seems (and it still is) you saw how much spin Swann got, and you can expect Ajmal to get much the same.

But it can happen. Ashes 2005, 4th Test at Trent Bridge. It almost happened.

Props to Haider for stepping up and scoring some runs for his team. It sucks that he couldn't reach his century but a great innings on debut. Same goes for Ajmal, great bowling and a great 50.

I really wanted haider to get a ton even though I'm an England supporter, but what was with Broad throwing the ball at him, Broad annoys me when he just does silly things or acts childish.

O yea just read about that so fearsome tweak Broad, acting like a little girl that he is. His daddy will probably come out and protect him.

Well Australia was out for 80-odd only a couple of weeks ago. And England's scores in this series have generally been propped up by only 1 or 2 players. Collingwood and Morgan 1st Test, KP and Trott this Test. If no one had stepped up, they'd probably have been under 200 both times. So 112 doesn't seem too far off if I'm a hopeful Pakistan fan (which I'm not... :p)

Agreed, Umar Akmal is slowly proving to be a flash in the pan and nothing more. Seems to lack temperament and technique. That debut series in NZ must have been a fluke.

I wonder if we are going to see more and more of this: kids who play way too much short form cricket and just can't switch their minds across to the longer format.

If it's cloudy/overcast, I believe Pakistan will have a fair shout. Else, England should really cruise to victory.

Agreed, Umar Akmal is slowly proving to be a flash in the pan and nothing more. Seems to lack temperament and technique. That debut series in NZ must have been a fluke.

Well he was dropped on 10 iirc when he made his 100 by Daniel Flynn, if he takes that catch then perhaps Akmal isn't even in this test team at the moment. He's a talent as I said earlier, but his technique is rather shoddy for test cricket. He'll have to develop his back foot game if he wants to become a real good player at this level.

Liked what I saw of Haider, had some real steel and a really positive technique, looked great at the crease. Goodbye Kamran.

Users who are viewing this thread