Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010

:laugh @ the talk of Pak winning this. The only way they could win this if they were bowling to themselves. 150 to get at most in 2 days with the likes of Strauss, Trott, KP, Colly, Prior Swan ..........

Well i wouldnt laugh becasue if Pakistan took catches, likes of KP, Trott, Strauss etc wouldnt have made more than 120 runs. Pakistan had to take 17 wickets to get rid of england (with 7 dropped catches). Personally i dont think england batting is not doing any better as well.... England got the score with lots and lots of chances by Pakistan fielding. KP was dropped at 10 runs or something and he made 80 runs....so minus the 70 runs from KP and england would have been 180 all out and pakistan would have 180 runs lead.

There are lot of if's but i wouldnt be laughing if i was england as you were lucky.

Whatever the result of this match may be, I am happy because we may have seen the last of Akmal and Kaneria for a long time :clap:hpraise. These two clowns have cost us so much in test cricket. Zulqarnain may have batted well but he should work on his keeping if he wants to contribute to his team. Keeper should not drop any catch IMHO. Ajmal proved his worth. He is a gritty player as was evident in his knock. I am not sure Pakistan will be able to defend such a low total keeping in mind pathetic catchers behind the wicket and absence of a third seemer. Things could have been a lot better if it was not for our crap batting. What was Umar Ukmal thinking leaving a delivery from an offspinner who does not have a significant Doosra. He was always turning it in :facepalm. It was no surprise Pakistan gave 6 wickets to Swann. He is a class act. Our batting has previously been a failure against crap bowlers like North, Hauritz, Harris and Panesar :facepalm:facepalm

That's the main point. Do you expect us to all of sudden start taking all our chances in 2nd innings?

I wouldn't rule out a shock, England were panicked yesterday and not used to Pakistani batting resistance like they faced. The signs are they go back to 'bouncer and yorker' theory rather than line and length.

Not only would it be optimistic on the part of Pakistan to hope catches will all stick, that is assuming they create enough chances before England reach the total, but also remember that Gul may be batting but he won't be bowling. That puts extra pressure on Pakistan and England will know when they've negotiated Pakistan's main threats that a fill in bowler would have to be used. Pakistan may be able to rotate three bowlers to some degree, Ajmal being a spinner will help, but England will try and use Gul's absence to their advantage.

Ajmal may get plenty of help but is he so good he can single handedly knock England out for just over 100? It will be interesting, but I still expect England to get home - even if they limp over the finishing line as they did twice in 2005 (three wickets & 2 runs wins over aussies)

I think England also got a bit complacent in their 1st innings batting, Morgan's shot first up, lots of lower order batsmen trying to hoik the ball long before they'd got in etc. Partnerships of 50+ panicked England, any one similar partnership for England will have a far worse impact on Pakistan - psychologically as well as in terms of the target

Yea, that would be mint to see Amir just rip through the English top order. I said earlier that England would win this pretty easily after sending Pakistan packing for 72. But they've really turned it around. Finally Pakistan put up a fight and a faint glimmer of hope remains for them to push for a win.

Really glad that Ajmal and Haider have stepped up. From their performances, I reckon Kaneria and Kamran are going to have an extended run on the sidelines. But this is Pakistan cricket, so they could be back next game.

Hey Headingley 81 looked very much like a cakewalk for Australia at most points in the match, history tells us otherwise. Mumbai 04, Oval 97, low scores are not always easy to chase, but you never know.

The thing with Ajmal is that behind the doosra he's got a fairly lightweight off break and he drops a lot of long hops. There will definitely be times where he doesn't perform and the cycle will surely continue.

^While Ajmal's off break is not that great, I don't think he bowls that many loose deliveries. He did bowl some in this test match but his performances in T-20 show that he does not bowl loose stuff as much as Craperia.

Ajmal bowls like 1 semi-crap delivery every 18 balls, while 17 are good.

Kaneria bowls 14 really crap deliveries every 18 balls, so I know who I'd rather want in my side, 3 somewhat decent delivey, and 1 really good delivery.

I know who I'd rather want in my side.

I think the only reason Pakistan have a chance today is because people saw the turn Swann was getting yesterday and hope Ajmal will get the same today. It could happen. Anyway whats the chance of the one legged Gul and Asif getting 30 odd more runs this morning?

Well i wouldnt laugh becasue if Pakistan took catches, likes of KP, Trott, Strauss etc wouldnt have made more than 120 runs. Pakistan had to take 17 wickets to get rid of england (with 7 dropped catches). Personally i dont think england batting is not doing any better as well.... England got the score with lots and lots of chances by Pakistan fielding. KP was dropped at 10 runs or something and he made 80 runs....so minus the 70 runs from KP and england would have been 180 all out and pakistan would have 180 runs lead.

There are lot of if's but i wouldnt be laughing if i was england as you were lucky.

If England got 180 it could of effected the way pakistan played, they may have played differently and lost wickets earlier due to less pressure and less concentration, they may have used all thier reviews and haider would have got a king pair resulting in a lower score for pakistan. You've got to think of all the factors and its impossible to say what would of happened.

Cook's gone, he needs to perform in the next two games if he wants to play in the ashes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread