Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010

Well when or if Hildreth ever plays for England. We shall see which one our "ignorance will reign supreme".

- If he does a Bopara when he is intially picked. My position here will be proven right.

- If he does well, then you & the others who have taken his recent FC form as a clear indicator of how he will go in tests. Will be proven right.

That isn't the issue. My point was that you're just saying the same things even when I show that you're wrong. You're refusing to accept that you're incorrect by either saying what you said again, or claiming that you said something slightly different. It's pointless me bothering to answer you when you're responding like that. Case in point, I never said that Hildreth should play for England right now. You're not listening to what I'm saying, you're ignoring me and posting what you think again.

Did anyone else see the pitch maps of the bowlers lengths for the series? Asif is so consistent that it's almost scary.

Last edited:
Did anyone else see the pitch maps of the bowlers lengths for the series? Asif is so consistent that it's almost scary.

Yea I saw that too. Its insane that ball after ball he can hit the same length. One of my favorite bowlers atm.

One thing we also learned today, Strauss is not a walker :p

Mark added 18 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Also whats up with Asifs new hair cut, looks like a little kid

At lease Hameed is opening the batting, otherwise this would just be another block fest. Finally a Pakistani batsman with some balls who will go after the poms bowling..

This.

Anyway, I think people should be cautious with Wahab, yes he bowled well today, but he also sprayed it about a bit, the resemblence to Johnson was uncanny. He's a match winner, but he won't be a consistent performer like Asif is.
Indeed, but he could be a good foil. In a lot of cases, that could be more of an asset than having someone who aims to bowl like Asif, but simply not as well.

The interesting thing is that Strauss and Morgan were dismissed off the same line and length, while Pietersen's was in a very similar area (but going across the right hander). It wasn't short, but it was back of a length. Off the same length, both Amir and Asif got much less bounce.

Even more interesting is that it still proved to be a good length for those bowlers as well. Collingwood got one of Amir's more skiddy deliveries and played it on. The combination of bouncy and skiddy proves to be better than just one or the other.

Wahab Riaz to make a century and be the next Irfan Pathan. Seriously his bowling action is really similar to Pathan's.

Thanks God action is the only resemblance he has with Irfan. He bowls a good 20KPH quicker than Irfan :D. I am impressed by the confidence Wahab Riaz has shown in his first outing for Pakistan. That could be the result of experience of sixty six FC matches. He is not as talented as Aamir but he looks to be a good honest workman. I loved the way he trotted out to bat and had a chat with almost any pom who got in his ear :happy.
Once again our bowler did the hard work and restricted England to 103 for 7. If Kamran Akmal had got that difficult chance (inside edge by Prior of Ausif) England could have been bundled out below 175. But Pakistani Bastman still have the chance to show their mettle and secure a lead. Its time for Umar Akmal to shine and show why he is being persisted with. Captain also needs a good captain's knock under his belt. I absolutely hated the way Farhat batted :facepalm. He is an aggressive player by nature and such a timid innings shows lack of confidence in his own ability. Yasir Hameed was exceptional and needs to carry on the good work today. He did look suspect against Swann though.

Oops, Hammed gone in the first over. Let's hope this doesn't foreshadow a Pakistan collapse.

well, why is Wahab Riaz has been sent actually?

Riaz was sent in as the nightwatchman after Farhat got out last over to play yesterday. I think that's what you wanted to know considering your sentence didn't make any sense to me.

Ian Botham is an utter plonker. He is ridiculously obstinate in his often inaccurate opinions...I think Sky would do well to replace him. Maybe have Warne as a fulltime commentator.

Adarsh added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Now he's on about why there's a short midwicket for an offspinner bowling to a right hander from around the wicket. Is he serious ?

Riaz was sent in as the nightwatchman after Farhat got out last over to play yesterday. I think that's what you wanted to know considering your sentence didn't make any sense to me.

yeah, I missed the scorecard yesterday, thought he has been sent after hameed got out.:p

Well, Swanneh has struck again, hope for England to get a lead, get MoYo first.

Yousuf seems to be going along nicely. Took a while for him to settle in but now getting into his stride. Pakistan's middle order just looks that much more stable with him there. I want him to make a big score here, take Pakistan into the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread