Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010

Noooo. Yousuf was looking solid there, much more than any other batsman has looked so far this series. Quality. Lapse of concentration there, that was a poor shot. Good piece of bowling though. Classic dismissal for an offspinner from around the wicket.

Now then, can Pakistan get a lead of at least 50 ? They need it.

And Swann's 100th wicket. Don't see how he could have been excluded from the ICC Cricketer if the Year nominations the first time round after the performances he's put in over the past 18 months or so.

Been real confused with Umar Akmal. When he started Test cricket, he was so composed and played with real maturity and the air of someone who had been playing for years. Now he seems finicky and unsure of how to play. Be interesting to see how Pakistan play now that Yousuf is gone.

Been real confused with Umar Akmal. When he started Test cricket, he was so composed and played with real maturity and the air of someone who had been playing for years. Now he seems finicky and unsure of how to play. Be interesting to see how Pakistan play now that Yousuf is gone.

He looks technically correct and very stylish, kid got a lot of potential but just can't make the scores anymore.

Umar Akmal is a bit of a hacker. I don't think he's that good technically, plays with a bit of a closed face of the bat. That said Smith continues to get runs somehow...

Anyhoo, that was a terrible runout. I'm not sure if Prior took the bails off with his own gloves.

Pakistan are such a boring team to watch bat. At least when Yousuf was going you knew that there's some solidity about it. Here it's just wasting time.

Wow is Kamran crap, can't wait for Haider to come back, his innings was great fun to watch

the sad thing is Umar has never been given the oppertunity to bat alongside a mature batsman to guide him. He really needs a few innings batting a big partnership alongside someone like yousuf, khan or Butt to get into the groove. he's coming in and shitting himself because pakistan are always on the brink.

that said I'm not that overly taken with his technique.

Last edited:
This reminds me of cricket in the 90s when a runrate of 2.7 was par for the course. Thank goodness I didn't watch a huge amount of test cricket back then.

The jaffa to Ajmal might as well have been from Steyn. Perfect outswinger

Users who are viewing this thread