Story Pakistan's International season [BLIC]

Based on the WC in WI thread, who do you think will excel in these tours?

• Total voters
nightprowler10 said:
Just remember, there are still two days to go after this session, so really, anything can happen.

I dont think the things will happen in India's favour as the lead is huge now that is almost impossible to chase in last two days..... May be the match wud finish on fifth day morning also by getting India all out :p

Top Stuff again NP, i'm really enoying this presentation; It's simple but very effective.

Agarkar strikes for India

With a lead of 380 runs and still more than two days of cricket left, Pakistan are the favorites to win this match. You would think even the Indians would know this by now. But no, they are constantly changing their fields, bowling tighter spells, and doing their best to get break throughs. In short, they're not giving up...

A much tighter few overs from Sachin ensured that Agarkar could attack the batsmen more, especially Kamran Akmal, who's had trouble picking up Ajit's slower one. And thanks partially to Agarkar's perseverence against hurricane Inzi, he was finally able to get a break through for his team by picking up Akmal's wicket.

akmalbe5.gif
aaqn5.jpg

Up next to bat is the bowling all rounder Muhammad Amir.

amirxc5.jpg

wow fantastic story ....presentation is perfect ..... awesome ....:cheers ...Pakistan are favourites to win but India have to take wickets now and stay in the match .

Amir survives the evening session

The last session of the third day has come to an end. With Akmal out of the picture, Dravid brought on Irfan Pathan and Harbhajan Singh to try and take out the tail. But Amir held on to his crucial wicket by playing away 48 deliveries and scoring only 14 runs. Besides Inzamam, Muhammad Amir is only one left who knows how to hold a bat, so keeping his wicket intact was a bit of a moral victory for Pakistan in this session. Not that they need a moral victory at this point as they have been in control throughout the day.

Here is the scorecard for the match after the end of day 3:

summwg7.jpg

Inzamam looks to increase lead

As an eventful day came to an end, Inzamam would be happy to have the 414 lead over India with 4 wickets in hand. "We did not have a very good start" said Inzamam to Michael Holding while walking back to the pavillion after the day's end. "The ball was seaming a lot in the morning and we lost some quick wickets to Irfan and Agarkar. But praise be to Allah that me and Shoaib were able to hold down the fort and build up a good lead".

inzamam-142x213.jpg

The Pakistani captain, who is 120 not out going in to day 4, suggested that he will try to build an even bigger lead in the first session tomorrow. "This is still a good pitch and has something in it for the batsman, so whatever lead we get, India have enough fire power to chase it down. I'm hoping to increase the lead to over 500 runs before the end of the first session tomorrow".

Dravid still hopeful

dravid.jpg

India were already down and out when they were dismissed for 274 early in the morning, so one would expect the Indian captain Rahul Dravid to be in a foul mood after the thrashing Inzamam and co. gave his bowlers. But Dravid was in fact very upbeat about the events of the day.

"I'm not gonna make any excuses for our performance on the field today. They played better cricket than us, there is no doubt about that. But I like to focus on the positives of our team and improve on the negatives. Pakistanis played superb cricket today, all we have to do is play even better cricket tomorrow. This is a game of cricket, and in cricket anything is possible. You have to keep in mind that we have one of the best batting line ups in the world at the moment, and we can chase down whatever target they give us."

Healthy lead by Pakistan.. Dravid is very optimistic ;) I feel Pak should be able to make a match at ease now!!!:)

Go Inzy bhai.

The presentation has really improved sine i was last here. Good job.

Bilal91 said:
come on man...this is a great story...don't stop it here...
Nah man, not stopping it. My dad just had surgery and is back home now. I should be able to put something up over the weekend, unless of course my Dad starts acting like a baby again :p

Thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread