Pakistan's Tour of South Africa - Feb-March 2012/13

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We have always had so many talented Bowlers in the domestic circuit. But due to no backing from top ex cricketer/politicians, they do not get to play for Pakistan.
Even todays the likes of Sadaf Hussain, M.Talha, Zia ul Haq could be the next big thing if given proper chances. (Instead Samis, Tanvirs, Cheemas & Wahabs gets picked lol. These guys can easily make it to Indian All time bowlers)

Yes this is a disappointing tradition of pakistan cricket, the nepotism in selection along with the fact that domestic teams are owned by companies/banks instead of districts - that imran khan talked about and said why the best pakistan players don't always get picked.

Here is why the lack of a strong ICC has failed pakistan in the last 30 years.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Glaring examples of this nepotism are conitnued selection of Imran Farshit and Failure Iqbal. The former is son in law of a selector and the later is nephew of Javed Miandad. Akmals have also reaped the rewards of nepotism till date.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess we should consider all this nepotism as part of our cricket culture and we should discuss our cricket leaving all these things.
Ok back to series discussion, this series is getting good hype both in South Africa and Pakistan which is good to see. Cricinfo has updated some good article related to this series.
It will all come to Pakistan's batting which is as fragile as it was back in 2006-07. Nasir Jamshed although according to me is not a test player but if he some how continue his form then Pakistan can expect some steady starts. Hafeez do not have technique to play moving ball so I don't expect good runs from him. Only player to me can make good impact is Azhar Ali or may be Misbah. They have ability to stay on crease as much as they can and if Azhar Ali stop edging ball coming on 4th stump line, he can score big on as alien conditions as SA.
Don't know if they will play Shafiq or Harris but both are more then capable batsmen and they may surprise us with some good scores aswell.

Bowling as usual will remain good but only question is how much Ajmal will have his effectiveness. Ajmal is our main trump card and hero in most of our recent wins, so if he able to trouble SA along with Rehman then Pakistan can have a good chance of drawing or even winning the series. Still I feel it will be a 1-0 win in favor of SA or may be 2-1.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I guess we should consider all this nepotism as part of our cricket culture and we should discuss our cricket leaving all these things.

Agree.It has been there from the start of our cricket.
so if he able to trouble SA along with Rehman then Pakistan can have a good chance of drawing or even winning the series

Not sure whether they'll get chance to play together in a team.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
This might end up as the series of the year. Pakistan tends to raise their game in situations where everyone expects them to cowar. But hoping for saffars to win the series

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We should not expect any thing great from Pakistan except some performance in bits and pieces.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good to see Sarfraz played a great innings when it was needed. Umer Gul is turning into a bowling allrounder and both have saved Pakistan against SA invt XI. Start up bowling was good but sad to see there is nothing for spinners.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good performance by Pakistan so far in this 4 day warmup match. I don't know how good is this SA Invt XI but so far Pakistan have played well. Openers are looking good and hope they can perform the same way in test matches. Bowling looks good and if Gul is back inform especially in tests then it will be great for Pakistan. Worry sign in bowling is Irfan, with his 7+ feet structure he can easily injured himself but I want him to bowl in atleast one test match. Middle order is as usual weak. Azhar looks terribly out of form so I guess Pakistan should try anyone else on number three may be Hafeez at number 3 and Toufeeq as an opener. Pakistan need an inform batsman at number 3 to convert these 100+ opening stands into something big.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Azhar Ali has been out of touch for a bit; this started in the India series.

Our openers are on fire lately, if only we can get our middle order to show up, South Africa might be in for a surprise or two :)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^I agree. Taufeeq should not be dropped and Jamshed also deserves to play after his performance in the side match. Asad may have to sit out for the first test at least. Also great to see Sarfaraz playing a good innings. His keeping is good. If he can finally make some runs it will make life a lot tougher for the bloodsucking rodents otherwise knowns as Akmals.

Skythebest

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
i think pakistan can defeat south africa 3-0 in test ; 5-0 in ODI

and 2-0 in T 20 and SA WILL BE WHITE WASHED IN THEIR HOME BY PAKISTAN

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^Are you serious. Pakistan's batting was tested by the invitation XI. How do you expect us to score more than 400 against the likes of Steyn, Morkel and Philander?

Users who are viewing this thread