Australia tour of SA 2014

NathanScott45

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Faf to come and De Villiers already there, would be foolish to write the saffers salvaging the draw off.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Faf to come and De Villiers already there, would be foolish to write the saffers salvaging the draw off.

This is the #1 reason why not enforcing the follow on is possibly the wrong decision in my books. Regardless of what score and how quick Australia got it in their second, there is still the chance SA will block their way to a draw. Better to risk tiring your bowlers (end of the series anyway, does it really matter?), make SA actually bat to try and win then probably have a medicore target to chase on the last day.

Feel bad for anyone who bought day 5 tickets.. going to be a boring day.. but I'm still confident Australia will win, probably before lunch. The wickets that have already fallen have shown even defending on this pitch ain't a cakewalk.

NathanScott45

Club Captain
This is the #1 reason why not enforcing the follow on is possibly the wrong decision in my books. Regardless of what score and how quick Australia got it in their second, there is still the chance SA will block their way to a draw. Better to risk tiring your bowlers (end of the series anyway, does it really matter?), make SA actually bat to try and win then probably have a medicore target to chase on the last day.

Feel bad for anyone who bought day 5 tickets.. going to be a boring day.. but I'm still confident Australia will win, probably before lunch. The wickets that have already fallen have shown even defending on this pitch ain't a cakewalk.

Clarke's never been a follow on enforcer, heck how can he? He's got Watson and Harris on constant injury alert, he didn't want to give Steyn more time to get fit and this pitch is supposedly due to be turning up tomorrow, which wouldn't bode well for a side which i) has a history of struggling batting last ii) exposed frailties against spin bowling, however marginal.

If either Faf or AB goes in the first session, I'll say it's an Aussie win, otherwise, hmmmm, I don't really want to think about that situation.

Either way, Graeme smith deserved an enthralling series to finish on, glad it's 1-1 going into the 5th day. Test cricket of the highest quality has been played and it's been delightful to watch.

mrzdt

Club Captain
Bit of a difference in that SA have 150 odd overs to chase 510 and Australia had less than 90 (as it was a given that the 5th day was going to be a total loss due to the storm that was coming) to chase 450.

True.... but there is a difference in the batting lineup. I don't think Australia's batting line-up can perform that well under pressure whereas we know South Africa can bat a day and more to save a Test match.

I think Michael Clarke was scared SA could chase 450. That does not say much for saying you have the best bowling attack in the world.

This series really needed 2 more Tests.

----------

With 5 down and 30 minutes to go I think winning before lunch is a bit out of the question. If Australia don't get those 5 wickets today, I have no idea how Clarke can think he has the best bowling attack in the world. If they do get them and win the series, then maybe he can make a statement like that.

NathanScott45

Club Captain
Oh Faf, just get outta' there D:

----------

Clearly my post was a good omen. It'd be suppa awesome to get either Philander or Duminy within 5 overs of this wicket *purdy please jebus*

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a fight! Absolutely thrilling to watch even though it's only blocking going on in the middle. You never know which ball will prove lucky.

At this stage, I put my money on SA drawing the match and keeping their proud home record intact.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Gone Gone Gone ! Duminy is gone ! Ozzies Rules

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
This is getting crazy :) fight+peace :D Clarke+Steyn :p

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Oh GOD Why ALWAYS us ??

Last edited:

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still wonder, if Australia were in the position of SA if they would have tried for the win through the whole innings.

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was wondering if someone could tell me why Graeme Smith is retiring at the early age of 33?

I don't follow each and every match so I kinda missed out.

Users who are viewing this thread