Kingsmead, Durban

Sun Mar 24
10:00 local | 08:00 GMT 5th ODI - South Africa vs Pakistan
Willowmoore Park, Benoni

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't see Pakistan winning any test TBH. Both teams have good bowling attack but SA have a very good batting lineup as well which Pakistan is lacking.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ye agreed. PAK bowling in a few sessions may be able to restrict south africa's batting from time to time in the tests. But the uncertainly of pak's batting is likely to be their big Achilles heel vs the proteas bowling.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking at Pakistan's recent good performance in short tour of India, I'm excited about this particular series, I think Pakistan will be more than handful in ODIs & T20s.. but yes, tests will be really tough for Pakistan, they might have got away with 0-0 draw in UAE in 2011, but spice in South African pitches will help their fast bowlers as much as it'll trouble their batsmen.

Another interesting battle will be how South African batters handle Ajmal, don't quite recollect Ajmal's performance against them in UAE series, but he has come a long way since those days. South African test team is decidedly weaker in spin department, so unless all the venues produce greenish surfaces which stay true throughout 5 days, Pakistan can look to catch Saffers napping with spin. Although I think Ajmal will still be a big factor on any pitch.

all in all, I'm really looking forward to a competitive series between 2 good fast-bowling attacks, Saffers have the advantage of resilient test batsmen while Pakistan have the advantage of superior spin attack..and yes, I'd like Pakistan to carry on with the improvement that they have shown in fielding department.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I have a feeling that Pakistan will draw the Test series 1-1. They are currently ona high after having beaten India in India.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chances a pretty slim but even if Pakistan win a test match in SA it will be a boost for Pakistan. Bowlers will as usual show their class and batsmen will fail as usual so I am expecting a 2-0 in tests and 3-2 ODIs in favor of SA. Lets hope Pakistan play against the odds like they did in UAE against England.

Addy

National Board President
I want Junaid Khan to come good and surprize proteas. This will be my team.

Taufiq
Jamshed
Azhar
Y.Khan
Misbah
Hafiz/Asad (hafez will be tested if he opens)
A.Akmal
U.Gul
S.Ajmal/A.Rehman
J.Khan
M.Irfan (I hope he gets a chance in tests as well)

Batting is weak point but if fielding does come good we will be able to surprize chokas)

spooony

Club Captain
I have a feeling that Pakistan will draw the Test series 1-1. They are currently ona high after having beaten India in India.

After beating India in India with the ODI's? What has that to do with test cricket?

----------

I want Junaid Khan to come good and surprize proteas. This will be my team.

Taufiq
Jamshed
Azhar
Y.Khan
Misbah
Hafiz/Asad (hafez will be tested if he opens)
A.Akmal
U.Gul
S.Ajmal/A.Rehman
J.Khan
M.Irfan (I hope he gets a chance in tests as well)

Batting is weak point but if fielding does come good we will be able to surprize chokas)

WTF? Who holds the record for the highest chase in ODI and test cricket?

Cheers

----------

Looking at Pakistan's recent good performance in short tour of India, I'm excited about this particular series, I think Pakistan will be more than handful in ODIs & T20s.. but yes, tests will be really tough for Pakistan, they might have got away with 0-0 draw in UAE in 2011, but spice in South African pitches will help their fast bowlers as much as it'll trouble their batsmen.

Another interesting battle will be how South African batters handle Ajmal, don't quite recollect Ajmal's performance against them in UAE series, but he has come a long way since those days. South African test team is decidedly weaker in spin department, so unless all the venues produce greenish surfaces which stay true throughout 5 days, Pakistan can look to catch Saffers napping with spin. Although I think Ajmal will still be a big factor on any pitch.

all in all, I'm really looking forward to a competitive series between 2 good fast-bowling attacks, Saffers have the advantage of resilient test batsmen while Pakistan have the advantage of superior spin attack..and yes, I'd like Pakistan to carry on with the improvement that they have shown in fielding department.
here you go Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

The Paradox

School Cricketer
Our batsmen need to click if we are gonna win.

We have the bowlers which can bowl out South Africa for under 300 in every innings.

:)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Lambs to the slaughter House once again and I am talking about our batting. Test series will 3-0 or 2-0 to saffers. Pakistan may win two one day matches at the best and nothing can be predicted about T20. I hope we don't see anymore of Akmals but I have been hoping the same since the sydney test. :facepalm

spooony

Club Captain
I notice the 2nd test is at Newlands

SAvsAus.jpg

nzscore-1.jpg

The Paradox

School Cricketer
I hope Hafeez and Taufeeq does well!

They are crucial for us if we are gonna win.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
we cant play even ordinary bowling attacks and oh boy we'll have to play SA bowlers in SA.If the result is not 3-0 i'll be suprized.No doubt we have got a good bowling attack but how many times we will be able to cross even 200,is tough to say

Addy

National Board President
we cant play even ordinary bowling attacks and oh boy we'll have to play SA bowlers in SA.If the result is not 3-0 i'll be suprized.No doubt we have got a good bowling attack but how many times we will be able to cross even 200,is tough to say
Indeed. We made Indian trundlers look like world beaters in that final ODI.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Exactly. We make bowlers like Kulasekra and Kumar seem like Marshal. Its pathetic how bad our batsmen suck. New ones are not given any chance. Haris Sohail is a prime example of such a batsman. Instead we keep on trying Umer Akmal. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread