Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only M$

P.s : why the opposition team always calls the toss ?

in casusal mode? because you cannot select to be the away team, so the away team is always the opposition, and the away team calls the toss.

in other modes, you can make yourself the away team and you can therefore call the toss.

Nice!!! but I would like for those edges to go up in the air and result in no boundaries

lol it would take a miracle to mishit a leg spin ball for 6 over 3rd man off a top edge - thats really the point I was getting across. I really must stop it though. :spy

but yes I totally agree...there needs to be more edges. Having said that, I've seen some pretty good edges in DB14 too - its not all doom and gloom. I reckon if BA get this patch right, I'm going to be divorced in 6 months! (Mrs hates DB14 now because of the amount of time spent on said product "what?? you play all day and then whinge on the forum" - her words ha ha).

lol it would take a miracle to mishit a leg spin ball for 6 over 3rd man off a top edge - thats really the point I was getting across. I really must stop it though. :spy

but yes I totally agree...there needs to be more edges. Having said that, I've seen some pretty good edges in DB14 too - its not all doom and gloom. I reckon if BA get this patch right, I'm going to be divorced in 6 months! (Mrs hates DB14 now because of the amount of time spent on said product "what?? you play all day and then whinge on the forum" - her words ha ha).

should be a special section of the forum for DBC14 Widows

"Not that cricket game again" should just be a sign lady Biggs holds up, she's losing her voice...

:lol I'm sure most guys here are in trouble with their Missus because of DBC14,,,the game is addictive I must say, I sleep late, and if I want to have an early night, I just don't play it at all, cos I end up with a controller next to me, with the tv having switched itself off...

I bowled an off spinner and ball took an edge and flew to 4th slip,,,it was a WOW! moment really :clap

My wife got used to being a Cricket widow during summer time. Problem is , its off season now and I`m at it again. She gave me the Teapot treatment yesterday when coming home , so I knew , no DBC for me tonight....

People are so lucky playing it soo much with office ,gym and lady at home I am not able to turn on the game since last Saturday.

PC is just pumping the required dose in everyday and hope of patch 2 and me just sitting and playing it for hours.

It seems to me that the physics are a bit off when trying to play spin off the back foot. I lost 5 wickets on the trot trying to cut short-pitched spin deliveries square on the off side on the back foot - all very hittable, all nicked through to the keeper with the exact same animation.

Annoying since it's one of the easier shots to play in real life.

more than 5 fielders outside.... more than 5 fielders on the leg side... more than 2 fielders behind square on the leg side... becoming annoying

----------

It seems to me that the physics are a bit off when trying to play spin off the back foot. I lost 5 wickets on the trot trying to cut short-pitched spin deliveries square on the off side on the back foot - all very hittable, all nicked through to the keeper with the exact same animation.

this shot needs to b fixed for sure... AI gets out far too often playing it too.. plus the keeper doesnt drop any!

Found the 'patch #2 ' for the Mrs though...a bottle of wine (2nd for the night) and a couple of episodes of House of cards. Unfortunately it doesn't help when all I'm thinking of is how to score more bloody runs in career mode. Blast that game. :facepalm

Don't get me wrong I love a challenge but what's the point of let us set a difficulty (for what I assumed to be the entire career; after all that bit did say "Career difficulty" or something like that) and then turning it up?

How else can the enhanced difficulty from State level to intl level be depicted otherwise? If the difficulty remains the same for intl level as well, what's te point of career progression and you may as well spend 20 years playing at State/County level. The difficulty level you select at the start is sort of base or starting difficulty level for the career.

The expectation is that as you get better you will be able to handle the increase in difficulty, which is what happens for cricketers in real life. That's why you have likes of Mark Ramprakash who could score a 100 virtually every time he came to bat in county cricket and was found out at intl level as he wasn't able to adapt to intl cricket. Career mode does just that and I have to say that part has been nailed pretty well.

Pro Tip: Do not play cut shot to spinners. If you do, you will hear a thwack as if you knocked the leather off the ball but see the wkt keeper and bowler celebrating. Sad really as we can't play two of our favorite shots in the game - cut shot coz it's way too risky in DBC 14 and straight drive coz AI bowlers are demons who don't let anything get away in a 8 yard radius either side of them :(

Last edited:
ro Tip: Do not play cut shot to the spinner. If you do, you will hear a thwack as if you knocked the leather off the ball but see the wkt keeper and bowler celebrating. Sad really as we can't play two of our favorite shots in the game - cut shot coz it's way too risky in DBC 14 and straight drive coz AI bowlers are demons who don't let anything get away in a 8 yard radius either side of them
is it that difficult and different from nets really, as i was able to cut everything in nets even on legend and very poor combo,

Last edited by a moderator:
A few extra things to add.

• Charging a bowler and not getting back into the crease in time. (I left the manual at my girlfriends place so might just not know how to do it)
  • Stats not being recorded for created players in career mode. (not the pro but players made in CA)
  • Game seems to always freeze when playing cpu vs cpu at the end of the 1st innings.

is it that difficult and different from nets really, as i was able to cut everything in nets even on legend and very poor combo,

Nets and the game in the middle are two different things. Playing cut shot to spinners was a breeze in the nets but not so in the actual game.

In game playing late or early may cost you your wicket unlike in nets and you just played one or two ideal cuts. What I cant fail to notice is that in nets ball is staying on the ground more often and in game it flies a bit too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread