Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if it can change the color of the circle though. Like can a full pitched green become yellow.

Yes you can. You can press the face buttons (X, Y, A) any time during the bowlers run-up to alter the length you had originally decided.

Yes you can. You can press the face buttons (X, Y, A) any time during the bowlers run-up to alter the length you had originally decided.

Thats not what im saying, Im wondering if a ball that you have chosen to be "good length" (green) will become a full length (yellow) delivery by being released early.

It certainly changes its length im just not sure if it will change its color too.

Another must fix is the straight hit fielding position. It is illegal in the rules of cricket so it annoys me that there is some guy directly behind the bowler.
I've seen this posted a few times, but can't find the relevant law - a search just turns up other people asking about it, with no real clear answers. Citation needed?

please add more bowling action
commentry is not impressive,
crowd also like not interested to watching match..
please add country flags with crowd...
add fast bowler pace speed
add aggression in these teams, AUS,INDIA,SOUTHAFRICA,PAKISTAN,ENGLAND SRILANKA,NEWZELAND,WESTINDIES...
add quick bouncer,that can injured you
add aggression in commentry...PLEASE DO it...For your Fans...thanks

I've seen this posted a few times, but can't find the relevant rule - a search just turns up other people asking about it, with no real clear answers. Citation needed?

I can't seem to find any either....

Thats not what im saying, Im wondering if a ball that you have chosen to be "good length" (green) will become a full length (yellow) delivery by being released early.

It certainly changes its length im just not sure if it will change its color too.

No. RAS only determines the length "within" the zone you picked (by pressing the face button). So, RAS will never change a ball from Green zone to Yellow zone, for example.

I've seen this posted a few times, but can't find the relevant law - a search just turns up other people asking about it, with no real clear answers. Citation needed?

there is no mention of it at all in law 41, the most relevant law regarding fielding.

i would guess it's a legitimate position, however i would assume should he "walk in" or otherwise move, and is directly behind the bowler, the batsman would be within his rights to pull out of the delivery and the umpire may eventually ask the captain to move the fielder.

there is a mention in wikipedia of a rule that a fielder cannot be directly behind the keeper in one day cricket only, though i couldn't see that in law 41.

i think the straight hit fielder is certainly an unusual position, that the AI captain in DBC seems to use a lot more than you might see in real life. however, given the bowler stops anything you hit too straight i don't mind when the captain puts a guy there!

@Jadel the push up on the RAS only changes the length within the zone. So my proposed mechanic would still allow players to pick up length a fraction of a second before release which I think would solve the issue of people having to premeditate front or back foot.

My list of bug fixes are:

1.) Fix the bug in four day games where if the 4th innings doesn't complete (ie: the team batting 4th doesnt reach the victory target or dont get bowled out), the fielding team wins. This has happened to me twice in my career, and sure I benefited both times, but it's not right..

2) Fix AI field settings or at least get AI captains to set appropriate fields.

3.) Fix bowling stamina of AI bowlers. They are too unfit! :lol

4.) Fix the super fielders :mad

5.) Fix the stumping shenanigans where you get randomly stumped

Not in order, but these are things that have negatively affected me in the few weeks I've played (and immensely enjoyed) the game.

Apologies - I'm sure the answer to this exists, but after half an hour of threadhunting, I've found nothing. Have Big Ant made any specific comment on the run out issue? It's still wrecking most tests that I play - Australia just lost three of their top order in the same over. After playing for five hours what was shaping up to be a close, exciting match, everything's now rendered pointless. If I'd been playing as England, of course, I'd be praising the realism.. :)

There's no mutual appeal to see, because what you're saying here is completely foreign to what I actually said. There's no way I'd want this to happen.

Well I didn't mean you personally really and it's Pharoah's POV I'm mostly thinking of but the point is that if the player doesn't want to make the shot selection decision in real time, while the ball is in the air - and if they haven't got time as it stands currently then clearly they're not going to be happy with a real time solution - then they effectively want a different process from those players who want to make the decision while the ball is in the air, and it's a process which includes a length of thinking time for shot selection that does not exist in real cricket.

There needs to be difficulty levels for most of the audience.

We agree. The point is that by having separate options for speed, for early length indicators and so on, you cater to players with different approaches. It's more than just difficulty, it's how the way the player tries to bat influences the difficulty.

So Pharoah say, would like more time to make his shot selection but would still like the deliveries quick, so he could keep the speed high but use the propsed early length indicator. Somebody who wants to make his shot selection more naturalistically but who still struggles with the speed could leave the hud off but slow the speed down.

That kind of stuff isn't going to happen without PC modding, obv. Just talking hypothetically.

It'd be very hard for people reproduce the shots they are looking for consistently. If it could work, that would be a good idea. Just can't see that level of precision working well with the analogue sticks.

That's why exactly why I said they can't do it. The hardware isn't responsive enough.

i think the straight hit fielder is certainly an unusual position, that the AI captain in DBC seems to use a lot more than you might see in real life. however, given the bowler stops anything you hit too straight i don't mind when the captain puts a guy there!
I can do you one better for unusual fielding positions in a cricket game - I got a game capture device in the post today, but I'm still waiting on the cable for my Xbox to hook the DBC goodness up to it, so I plugged in my Wii and put on Ashes Cricket 2009 - got this field setting:
wlJluWS.jpg

Has anyone come across a field setting where two fielders were posted at the same fielding position? Yesterday I saw a blurred fielding label (I think it was 'Backward Square Leg' or something similar) and when I focused on the position I saw 2 fielders posted there!!!

I didn't mind as it's essentially a waste of fielder but it's a bug nevertheless. have started paying more attention to the fields and noticed that 2 players posted at the same position happens at multiple positions and is not specific to one field setting or one fielding position.

Apologies - I'm sure the answer to this exists, but after half an hour of threadhunting, I've found nothing. Have Big Ant made any specific comment on the run out issue? It's still wrecking most tests that I play - Australia just lost three of their top order in the same over. After playing for five hours what was shaping up to be a close, exciting match, everything's now rendered pointless. If I'd been playing as England, of course, I'd be praising the realism.. :)

Did you run them out or was it during a sim session?

I haven't had a glitchy run out in a long time since

A) I changed the running camera to fielding 1 (not available in career)
B) cancel runs less often, and earlier and with RT held down.

If its glitchy and it's sim then that won't help obviously but otherwise you need to adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread