Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are the captain in the career mode...You assign the field and the bowler which is nice but you also need to appeal for a LBW or caught behind regardless of the position you are in which should be removed....:yes

So I place my player on Mid off....so that I get a view of the batsman and appeal when its LBW....Not good...

----------

Ball going through the bat has happened many times...Thus should also be added....

Can't stress enough on this..
Bowlers' fielding on their own bowling..
Playing along the ground at your will (when you get the timings right.)

Can't stress enough on this..
Bowlers' fielding on their own bowling..
Playing along the ground at your will (when you get the timings right.)

Has been said many times:
- pace bowlers able to magically field off their bowling INCLUDING stopping, and hitting the stumps at the non strikers' end with unerring accuracy. Thats total BS.
- time how long it takes for :
1. a pace bowler to bowl a ball
2. ball gets hit to cover fieldsman
3. ball hits stumps at non-strikers end

yep, its enough time to run out the batsman who has take a few steps out and is returning to the crease. :yes

Makes the career mode almost a waste of time.

*edit*
thats it. I've given up on the career mode until this stupid AI fieldsmen are fixed. I've been run out so many friggin times by the direct throw from cover. At the time of hitting the shot, it was in a gap but suddenly I'm run out at the other end. I've lost so many batsmen this way that I've just all but given up on the career mode. :( shame.

Last edited:
On another question, does the outfield need to be 'sped up'? I have to many drives that go for 2 runs but very few that actually make it to the boundary. I'm assuming it probably due to timing, but when you see a ball shoot through cover only to suddenly slow - makes you wonder.

okay...I just 'caught' a super fielder in action (am uploading now to youtube). Essentially I hit a lofted straight drive almost straight down the ground but wide of the midoff fielder...in realtime AND in the replay, you see the fielder SLIDE about 10-15m towards the ball in order to get under it. That is just total b/s. sorry guys, I love this game but this crap AI is spoiling it for me (and probably everyone else).

Will upload the link shortly.

*edit*
here you go...check this out (esp in real time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5OGOhZEMbg

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been brought up earlier......while taking runs, when not sprinting (i.e. without holding R2), the batsmen don't make their ground first, they just slow down on approaching the crease....this ends with the batsman getting run out.....if it's possible to make sure the bat is placed in the crease first while taking a run when not sprinting, it would be great.
Also, is it possible to change the broadcast camera (for batting and fielding), in a way we can see the players from a little closer? Like by zooming in on the camera or something, and making the broadcast fielding camera a little more like the televised matches?

Last edited:
who ever says the online is laggy is stupid and a bowler suddenly stops and then ball came out of his hand from no where ?? bro it happens in real cricket too n bigant did it internationally to make the game so realistic they added this lag glitch :P see how it happens in real cricket ,,,atleast Andre Russel does that !! see ur self

Andre Russell fools Shane Watson : IPL 2014 Match 25 RR vs KKR - YouTube

so stop becoming Shane Watson n improve ur game :D

(On serious note, i do love DBC 14, hope patch2 fixes all online bugs)

okay...I just 'caught' a super fielder in action (am uploading now to youtube). Essentially I hit a lofted straight drive almost straight down the ground but wide of the midoff fielder...in realtime AND in the replay, you see the fielder SLIDE about 10-15m towards the ball in order to get under it. That is just total b/s. sorry guys, I love this game but this crap AI is spoiling it for me (and probably everyone else).

*edit*

That's bad but I have seen infinitely worse.

There has to be some sort of algorithm whereby the chance of taking a catch diminishes depending on distance covered to reach the ball

Some of the ones I've seen are catches that you might see made once or twice a season, but they look worse because the fielder is warping around the field faster than his light jogging could possibly be carrying him. A sprint and a huge superman dive would look considerably more plausible.

The other thing about Pharoah's clip is that it demonstrates the impossible straight bat drives off the front foot against short of a length deliveries. You shouldn't be able to get the ball off the square with a shot like that.

The other thing about Pharoah's clip is that it demonstrates the impossible straight bat drives off the front foot against short of a length deliveries. You shouldn't be able to get the ball off the square with a shot like that.

Agree - it's not impossible but at that speed and height, you're more likely to hit the splice or top part of the bat and pop it up to mid off than anything else. Unfortunately these are the mechanics we have to work with which ain't so bad considering.

Has been said many times:
- pace bowlers able to magically field off their bowling INCLUDING stopping, and hitting the stumps at the non strikers' end with unerring accuracy. Thats total BS.
- time how long it takes for :
1. a pace bowler to bowl a ball
2. ball gets hit to cover fieldsman
3. ball hits stumps at non-strikers end

yep, its enough time to run out the batsman who has take a few steps out and is returning to the crease. :yes

Makes the career mode almost a waste of time.

*edit*
thats it. I've given up on the career mode until this stupid AI fieldsmen are fixed. I've been run out so many friggin times by the direct throw from cover. At the time of hitting the shot, it was in a gap but suddenly I'm run out at the other end. I've lost so many batsmen this way that I've just all but given up on the career mode. :( shame.

Pharoah, I dont understand how you are getting consitantly run out from cover?? PRESS CIRCLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

I have reflexes like a death mule yet I never get run out, even when pressing run then cancel

are you holding R2 when running, because if your still not holding sprint every time you run then its your own fault

SERIOUSLY GUYS, WHEN RUNNING, ALWAYS HOLD R2 AND NEVER LET IT GO

Im sorry, but its not that hard

Now Fielders sprinting from Mid wicket too Long on too take catches, thats another issue........

----------

*edit*

You hit a ball in the air too Mid Off where there was a fielder at mid off

why would you do that??

im sorry, but i dont see anything spectacular about this

Ive been caught out on a hell of alot worst than this

to me, this is an extremely stupid shot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread