Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're playing poor strokes and timing it wrong then. Aggressive ground shot controls aren't just a magic "everything along the ground" control, just like defensive shots aren't a magic "I won't get out" shot.

Than whats the difference between this and a standard drive/hook/etc?

Anyone noticed that these buttons don't work at all:
D pad up / walk when running bw the wickets
L1 to dive when fielding
D pad up walk as a batsman if you you know you are caught behind.

I tried them many times still no luck.

Than whats the difference between this and a standard drive/hook/etc?
You're more chance to hit it along the ground consistently than no modifier. That being said, timing is still clear and present which means the ball can come off the bat at angles that can make the ball go in the air.
Anyone noticed that these buttons don't work at all:
D pad up / walk when running bw the wickets
L1 to dive when fielding
D pad up walk as a batsman if you you know you are caught behind.

I tried them many times still no luck.
The walk functionality is only for when you know you're out but the umpire doesn't call it out, so an edge behind that the umpire says not out to. That functionality only applies to the previously mentioned, not running between wickets.

L1 to dive when fielding will only work when the fielding is set to manual, not semi-assisted which does the movement for you.

You're more chance to hit it along the ground consistently than no modifier. That being said, timing is still clear and present which means the ball can come off the bat at angles that can make the ball go in the air.

ah ok, thank you. I've been out so many times to packed leg side fields by skying it to square leg or fine leg...might give this a go more. :thumbs

You're more chance to hit it along the ground consistently than no modifier. That being said, timing is still clear and present which means the ball can come off the bat at angles that can make the ball go in the air.The walk functionality is only for when you know you're out but the umpire doesn't call it out, so an edge behind that the umpire says not out to. That functionality only applies to the previously mentioned, not running between wickets.

L1 to dive when fielding will only work when the fielding is set to manual, not semi-assisted which does the movement for you.
Can you guys add slog sweep somehow?

Is it always necessary for the fielder to dive while fielding every single ball?
p.s : I found out if you don't premeditate it would improve your batting.

Plz let us save replays and add an option for autosave as its pain to save after few overs. (power shortage issue here)

It was a leg glance; went flat over the square leg boundary for 6.
I've also been caught on the boundary at deep cover with a mis-timed drive. Neither used slog or advance.

I have been caught numerous times playing leg glance against spinners and pacers. I am amazed as to how you managed to time/mistime it for six.

Is there any way to be able to add a function to check the condition of the ball or at least how many overs old it is?

Would love to be able to see the effect my shining the ball is having to anticipate reverse swing etc and to decide whether to take new ball

In career mode i have to presume that my captain has taken the new ball when available, theres no way to check

Last edited:
Hey not a "must fix" by any means, but the sweep shot doesn't seem to have very much value at all. It plays a little under-powered even if timed fairly well and often goes in front of square a lot more than some sweep shots we often see the pros play.

Just seems that maybe it needs a little more space on the timing for later, finer shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread