Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when I try to play a spinner on front foot and to 1 o clock the batsman moves to the right and dang I'm bowled.

Not sure if this has been said already, but it would be awesome if when I edge a ball to the keeper, as a batsman, I heard the edge or something to show that I've actually edged it. Losing my mind when it happens, then look at the replay and I'm actually out:D

yeah, we were told you'd know if you edge it, but you don't. it's frustrating - how would i know whether to review, or to walk etc.?

I always hear a nick even a thinnest one. My ps3 controller only vibrated once in lifetime when I edged , it was a big one though.

okay, two little issues with commentators:

1. Three times now I've heard "The bowler is now in his thirties"...when I the batsman have hit the thirties (and the bowler has nowhere near 30 runs given away). It should be 'The batsman is now in his thirties'.
2. The comment where they say something like 'beat the batsman all ends up - the ball sailed past the BATS'...only one bat mate...not bats, bat.

Ok no biggie but shd be fixed eventually

Play with commentary off. This is the one game that doesn't need it. The in game sounds are good enough

While its only the sound department where I think the game lacks. Please add scorecard graphs and stats etc if possible in this patch.

While its only the sound department where I think the game lacks. Please add scorecard graphs and stats etc if possible in this patch.

so first you claim an area that an area that has been absolutely nailed is the only department where the game lacks, then you ask for an addition in a completely different department.

do you see the problem?

Play with commentary off. This is the one game that doesn't need it. The in game sounds are good enough

yes I agree but thats not the point. The point is, for BA to fix things, they need to know what to fix hence my point. There must be a whiteboard at BA HQ with a list of stuff to be fixed and I'd like that list to be full and complete.

I think I got the issue with the ai/human batting (fall of wickets)

Heres a spectated match bw india and pak on pro, ODI :
imgur: the simple image sharer

Now theres a big difference between simulate which is accurate and spectate.
The Ai struggles more against spin, the point is everyone keeps loosing wickets hence not playing all overs or play according to match situation like blc 99.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Forgive me for bringing this up if it has already been mentioned, but I've been experiencing some very poor umpiring over the last few days. I've been playing online and having shots on the ground at times given out caught. Also, despite being well in my crease (literally just standing there on some occasions having been safe for a good few seconds) I then get dismissed as run out. There are a few other things I've noticed as well such as the DRS system only checking for LBWs when I've appealed because I think the batsman's nicked it to the keeper - although I'm not too fussed about this in comparison to the run out problem etc.

Does anyone know if these issues will be fixed in the upcoming patch?

@BigAntStudios, how is the patch coming along? Is the team upbeat of pulling off most of the fixes pretty efficiently? I would be more than willing to wait a little longer if if means the patch would be more comprehensive and eliminate all the frustrating parts of the game. I`m sure most fans would agree.

Also, how long did it take between the submission of the first patch and the actual release last time around? It would be nice if someone from PC could do a playtest before the patch got submitted, provided they get some cake :). Hope this patch nails the fast bowler fatigue issue as well as the AI field placement logic. That for me, would make this a great game. As it stands, its at the cusp of cricketing greatness.

Forgive me if this question was asked earlier, but what is the approximate date or month or part of the month for the patch 2 release ? And what are the main things you are addressing in it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread