Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure whether its already discussed & in list, just want to highlight that we would need to have some formula to reset the fatigue meter.

End of day - reset to 0
Lunch Break - decrease 50% from current level
Tea Session - reset 25% from current level
Every 15 overs( like a drinks break ) - reset 5% from current level.

While batting across sessions, I found my fatigue level retaining the same after session(lunch & tea) breaks!

Last edited:
Forgive me for bringing this up if it has already been mentioned, but I've been experiencing some very poor umpiring over the last few days. I've been playing online and having shots on the ground at times given out caught. Also, despite being well in my crease (literally just standing there on some occasions having been safe for a good few seconds) I then get dismissed as run out. There are a few other things I've noticed as well such as the DRS system only checking for LBWs when I've appealed because I think the batsman's nicked it to the keeper - although I'm not too fussed about this in comparison to the run out problem etc.

Does anyone know if these issues will be fixed in the upcoming patch?
The 'caught on the ground' issue will be fixed in Patch 2.

The BARS system with regards to choosing the right element is mainly based on what the game believes you have appealed for, we're working to improve these aspects but sometimes it will pick the wrong element purely because of where the ball has gone through to the keeper.
@BigAntStudios, how is the patch coming along? Is the team upbeat of pulling off most of the fixes pretty efficiently? I would be more than willing to wait a little longer if if means the patch would be more comprehensive and eliminate all the frustrating parts of the game. I`m sure most fans would agree.

Also, how long did it take between the submission of the first patch and the actual release last time around? It would be nice if someone from PC could do a playtest before the patch got submitted, provided they get some cake :). Hope this patch nails the fast bowler fatigue issue as well as the AI field placement logic. That for me, would make this a great game. As it stands, its at the cusp of cricketing greatness.
The patch is coming along well right now. We've got a main focus on 4 of the biggest things mentioned from forum feedback so far (which is not to say that nothing else is being looked at - overall there's A LOT fixed).

The four main points to be fixed are:
AI - Batting/Bowling
Difficulty
AI Fielding - Placements and movement.

Those are the four major aspects we're looking at fixing for patch 2. These are our 'non-negotiable' issues, they simply must be fixed up for patch 2.

We're working around the clock to make sure that there is as little issues as possible that have come from the fixes as well as making sure in general they are as polished and workable as possible.
Not sure whether its already discussed & in list, just want to highlight that we would need to have some formula to reset the fatigue meter.

End of day - reset to 0
Lunch Break - decrease 50% from current level
Tea Session - reset 25% from current level
Every 15 overs( like a drinks break ) - reset 5% from current level.

While batting across sessions, I found my fatigue level retaining the same after session(lunch & tea) breaks!
Yeah, there was an issue with session breaks not giving stamina back to players. We have this fixed for patch 2. As well as various other stamina fixes overall giving much more realistic results.

The stumps are kind of getting annoying now because every time someone is bowled, it seems as if the ball has gotten stuck on them. The stumps just move a little and nothing else. The stumps are uprooted when hit during a direct hit by the fielders but not during the bowled doesn't make sense to me even when the ball hits it at a speed of 153 KPH. The camera angle is also very stupid when showing bowled outs because it shows nothing of relevant. The ideal camera angle should be from the front which shows the whole thing instead of just showing the moment the ball hits the stump.

The four non-negotiable fix areas sound about right. However, the whole umpiring decisions system needs to be looked at with a high priority in my opinion.

I have not come across a single occasion where the challenge to the original umpire's decision actually worked for either me or even the computer. Many at times the nick to wicket keeper or slips is just not given out despite the review clearly showing it.

I think most LBW system is working quite well except a couple of times when computer appealed and was given non-out, computer challenged it, and despite a clear LBW, the decision wasn't changed.

At this point, anything besides those four major fix areas would be icing on the cake.

Good stuff BA...looking forward to Patch #2 . I'm assuming we have to restart careers?

Again, I'm assuming the timeline is early June, in line with the PC release?

I've never really had an issue with the umpiring - most of the time I knew I knicked the ball and was given out caught. LBWs have also been in front of the stumps. TBH, its probably MY fault as the batsman for letting the ball hit me on the pads (usually because I'm playing a stupid shot).

I have experienced it where I knicked it (I HATE those left armers) but noone appealed. So.....I stayed :) Maybe if/when I get to the national team, and have thousands of runs to my name like Gilchrist, will I consider walking. Until then......:spy

The stumps are kind of getting annoying now because every time someone is bowled, it seems as if the ball has gotten stuck on them. The stumps just move a little and nothing else. The stumps are uprooted when hit during a direct hit by the fielders but not during the bowled doesn't make sense to me even when the ball hits it at a speed of 153 KPH. The camera angle is also very stupid when showing bowled outs because it shows nothing of relevant. The ideal camera angle should be from the front which shows the whole thing instead of just showing the moment the ball hits the stump.

First world DBC 14 problems!

Good stuff BA...looking forward to Patch #2 . I'm assuming we have to restart careers?

I've never really had an issue with the umpiring - most of the time I knew I knicked the ball and was given out caught. LBWs have also been in front of the stumps. TBH, its probably MY fault as the batsman for letting the ball hit me on the pads (usually because I'm playing a stupid shot).

I have experienced it where I knicked it (I HATE those left armers) but noone appealed. So.....I stayed :) Maybe if/when I get to the national team, and have thousands of runs to my name like Gilchrist, will I consider walking. Until then......:spy

Totally agree, I was looking over my stats, and I came to the conclusion that the 100 exp points is not worth me being a good sport and walking

I will do it one day... maybe... most likely not!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but in career mode I would really like to just bat or bowl when its my turn. I hate having to hit start and simulate to wait till my turn every time I bowl.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but in career mode I would really like to just bat or bowl when its my turn. I hate having to hit start and simulate to wait till my turn every time I bowl.

I think the current one is better...When I became captain of my side...I chose the bowler, field setting and the way he bowled as well ..So I did my fielding part as well...So the start and simulate is required....

----------

@HBK619 : Is the ball going through the batsman, the bat taken care of and also WK going through the batsman???

I'm glad to know about difficulty and AI movement fixes in patch 2 but plz make defensive play rewarding on lower difficulties not just getting out coz of no reason.

This really needs some adjustment , although it falls in the "cosmetic" department like alot of the other smaller bugs/issues raised before.

I would feel that the Cosmetics need be adressed in Patch No. 3 :p:p

I am just getting into my career so having to start again is a pain. But I'll survive. Sounds great however.

If the 4 non-negotiable issues plus fatigue are addressed and addressed well, this game will truly tip over from good to great in objective terms rather than just vs other cricket games.

Best of luck - as someone said above I'd happily wait a bit longer for the patch to give all time to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread