Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera angle is also very stupid when showing bowled outs because it shows nothing of relevant. The ideal camera angle should be from the front which shows the whole thing instead of just showing the moment the ball hits the stump.
Replays will be considerably fixed in patch 2.
@HBK619 : Is the ball going through the batsman, the bat taken care of and also WK going through the batsman???
Certain aspects of collision will remain, some are balancing effects that need to be a certain way so that animations and situations can play out correctly.

We'll be toning down some aspects, but others will remain.

I also noticed that you get a reward for a 50 and 100 partnership, but nothing for 150! surely a 150, 200, etc partnership should get a reward as well (or recognition somehow).

I'm glad to see that you guys are working on AI batting. After playing through 1 1/2 seasons with Warwickshire and opening with Ian Bell (who is arguably the best batsman in England right now), his big scores are ONLY during simulation (when I'm out) - in real time, he keeps getting out for low scores, or a quick fire 45 off 15 balls and then misses a straight ball at the stumps :facepalm

I'm wondering if the amount of cutters that don't carry through to the keeper will be fixed. I understand slower balls hitting the ground first, but cutters tend to be slower by around 15-20kmh, not the 30-40+ that a slower ball can be, so I'd hope to see a little more carry, rather than a lot of nicks hitting the ground. :)

I think a rejig of the experience system is a must. Points often assigned for unrelated things like playing an offside shot netting you onside points. Most onside shots netting nothing at all etc. Bowling outswing to left handers counts as inswing etc. At present I'd say 40pc of my runs are leg side shots and I think I've had +1 on leg side once in nearly two seasons.

I think a rejig of the experience system is a must. Points often assigned for unrelated things like playing an offside shot netting you onside points. Most onside shots netting nothing at all etc. Bowling outswing to left handers counts as inswing etc. At present I'd say 40pc of my runs are leg side shots and I think I've had +1 on leg side once in nearly two seasons.

I can't get any "offside", "backfoot" or "flat bat" skills to increase no matter what I do. I drive through covers for a 4 and get "onside" skill increased. Same with playing a backfoot shot and seeing skill points given for "front foot" skill.

One more thing I noticed is that when you are bowling and have a lot of fielders closed in (attacking field) then the game lags. The jump and release meter lags a lot during this type of field placement but is very smooth when you have a defensive field set.

I can't get any "offside", "backfoot" or "flat bat" skills to increase no matter what I do. I drive through covers for a 4 and get "onside" skill increased. Same with playing a backfoot shot and seeing skill points given for "front foot" skill.

I think what happens is that the game registers an increase in skill not necessarily in real time. You may have played a few great ondrives but game does not notify you of the update straight away. It may spring up later where coincidentally you may have just played a cover drive.

Last edited:
someone mentioned, and I have also noticed this in career mode, you get the +1 every 6 balls.....

so in fact you are right, i gather it takes into account how you have performed every 6 balls of your innings and gives you a + somewhere...

----------

Just a minor addition to your 4 non-negotiable areas:

Please provide a shortcut button for simulation while batting and standing at the non-striker end. Hate to wait for one complete over if A1 plays out a maiden. And then in not giving strike back to A1, I get out!

So everytime say I press Y/B on my xbox joystick, I get strike via quick simulation. This will enable us to focus more on our batting plus save time (like I get to play for max 30 mins because of my working hours). And really, I do not enjoy A1 batting anyway :-p.

Plus, anything that help us in our batting is always welcome. Maybe some indication (on pitch) for length before the ball is bowled and not when the bowler releases the ball.

Thanks

I kinda understand what your saying, but isnt that part of the concentration and realism in batting, you gotta use these times to think of strategies...

I must admit, playing internationals and playing against the spinners, i am trying everything to stay off strike to them..

----------

I am just getting into my career so having to start again is a pain. But I'll survive. Sounds great however.

we didnt have to start again when patch 1 was completed, we only had to start again if you wanted the real players playing their proper roles

for this patch which is gameplay stuff, I dont think we have to start our careers again, maybe ross or hbk can clarify, but i think we should be right as the gameplay will update but we wont have to start again

yeah im not so sure on the every 6 balls thing, coz last night on my 12th ball i didnt get anything

but it is very close. i mean later on, on 24th, 30th and 36th balls i got the +1. you also get +1 for hitting solid strokes and sometimes +2, which is usually associated with the 6th ball and a solid stroke

it varys. would be nice to know how it all works, that is if the developers know?

and what abt world cup and other tournaments in career mode ? will u add these features in future or else wait for next dbc 15 ?? :) :)

Not sure whether its already discussed & in list, just want to highlight that we would need to have some formula to reset the fatigue meter.

End of day - reset to 0
Lunch Break - decrease 50% from current level
Tea Session - reset 25% from current level
Every 15 overs( like a drinks break ) - reset 5% from current level.

While batting across sessions, I found my fatigue level retaining the same after session(lunch & tea) breaks!

i would love to bat though a session...........that must be nice!

----------

The 'caught on the ground' issue will be fixed in Patch 2.

The BARS system with regards to choosing the right element is mainly based on what the game believes you have appealed for, we're working to improve these aspects but sometimes it will pick the wrong element purely because of where the ball has gone through to the keeper.The patch is coming along well right now. We've got a main focus on 4 of the biggest things mentioned from forum feedback so far (which is not to say that nothing else is being looked at - overall there's A LOT fixed).

The four main points to be fixed are:
AI - Batting/Bowling
Difficulty
AI Fielding - Placements and movement.

Those are the four major aspects we're looking at fixing for patch 2. These are our 'non-negotiable' issues, they simply must be fixed up for patch 2.

We're working around the clock to make sure that there is as little issues as possible that have come from the fixes as well as making sure in general they are as polished and workable as possible.Yeah, there was an issue with session breaks not giving stamina back to players. We have this fixed for patch 2. As well as various other stamina fixes overall giving much more realistic results.

Anything I can help with? Get the beer? Good stuff guys, ur all over it.....

I kinda understand what your saying, but isnt that part of the concentration and realism in batting, you gotta use these times to think of strategies...

I must admit, playing internationals and playing against the spinners, i am trying everything to stay off strike to them..

Yes agreed...but then there are times when you just want to get strike and bat. I think there is no harm in providing that option - people who want to use it will use while others can simply ignore. Just enhancements to game. How about when you are in Afridi-mood :-D no strategy really !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread