Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks HBK. I'll be making sure most of my mates be buying this game. Fantastic ASS guys

NOTE: ASS ( After sales support) :D

@HBK619 : Will additional stuffs be added in Patch#2 or only the bugs are being solved??

Last edited:
Am getting tired of AI controlled batting partner after playing advance down pitch shot remaining out of crease and getting run out. Dont mind having to press O to return back in crease if its me thats batting (that is actually very realistic), but should not have to think for the AI striker from the non-striker end. Same thing applies to running between wickets. Should not have to dive, slide or even think about the AI batsman. Only should have to concentrate on own player. Talking about diving.....why do they dive at both ends?

So, is the option for slightly earlier length indication potentially in Patch 2?
We're working on solutions for this now, time will tell if it comes in patch 2 or not.
@BigAntStudios
I think you guys have missed one important shot in the game i.e. the slog sweep. Can this be patched in or do we wait for DBC 15. Not a big miss but it is a vital shot against spinners.
Animations are unlikely for a patch as they would require the patch size to be much, much larger unfortunately.
Thanks HBK. I'll be making sure most of my mates be buying this game. Fantastic ASS guys

NOTE: ASS ( After sales support) :D
Really? You don't think it's too big in these pants?

Ohhhh wait...:eek:
@HBK619 : Will additional stuffs be added in Patch#2 or only the bugs are being solved??
Online Tournaments will be added for patch 2 (and will be day 1 on PC). The ability to view the LBW BARS will also be in for patch 2. For the most part it will be bug fixing however.

Last edited:
Will the bowler and keep take less time to take off the bails? It's good for batting, but I always seem to get it if it's not a direct hit, even if I'm halfway down the pitch. Also, will batsman still dive and not make the crease, or is that a design decision? And will they do the weird running thing when you press b and you expect them to just put the bat in?

Unlikely. We are committed to making this game better and better as time goes. Whatever is still left after patch 2 comes out we're going to attempt to get into a patch 3.

We ain't stopping yet.

@HBK619 Please could you comment on easing the difficulty for batting - like maybe increasing the margin of error and not edging 8 out of 10 times, probability of ball going straight to fielder for a catch when ground shot is intended is low etc.

Why can't we have some indication on pitch before the ball is delivered (even briefly) to remove premaditation and enjoy batting - think from an average user prespective who takes out some time from busy schedule to relax and enjoy and only ends up in closing the game in frustration.

Thanks

We're working on solutions for this now, time will tell if it comes in patch 2 or not.

I hope this doesn't ruin a perfect cricket simulation.

The way it works now seems perfect for you to reach based on the way you see the ball. Anything not natural will surely take away the charm

Will there be change of team player in career mode as same team with no changes in all format of games going on for 1.5 yrs in career mode
will it be made in patch 2 HBK619

Unlikely. We are committed to making this game better and better as time goes. Whatever is still left after patch 2 comes out we're going to attempt to get into a patch 3.

We ain't stopping yet.

Hit the nail on the head there. Bowling and batting are based on a 6 ball loop with regards to expected run rates, if you stay within the run rates we've assigned to the match types then you will get a +1 added to your skill set.

Wickets and boundaries also assign higher +'s.

I'll see if I can put together something more comprehensive sometime this week.

It all depends on what goes in. There will be some minor career changes, there's one that will fix itself once the season resets. But as for others, I'm as of yet unsure whether they will require restarts to career. What I can say is that a majority of the fixes will carry over regardless of where you are in your saved matches/career.

We're trying to make as minimal impact to having to restart a career as possible unlike patch 1 that unfortunately required many to restart.

We'll advise once the patch is a little closer on where everything is at once we get a better idea on that ourselves.

Beer might hinder, not help. ;)

These will be fixed in patch 2.Fixed for patch 2. :)

Wow , thanks for all the Effort BA.

Now it made sense why I went out and bought 10 copies myself just to pest my cricket buddies into buying them from me. I promoted the game to be a major step up from previous cricket games , and was slightly at a loss of words when my mates started phoning me with all the bugs they encountered.

The fact that you guys are continually trying to make it better excites us all , and puts yourself in good stead for the next iterations sales...

I hope this doesn't ruin a perfect cricket simulation.

The way it works now seems perfect for you to reach based on the way you see the ball. Anything not natural will surely take away the charm

Not sure how it'd ruin anything given that it'd likely be automatically a switched-off option that people would have to turn on if they like it. Don't trust yourself to not use something you don't like? :p

Also, it's perfectly natural to be able to tell prior to a balls release (in the last delivery stride only) that a bowler is winding up to dig it in short for a short ball or not. So, it's more unnatural to not have a clue until the ball is in the air. In real life batsmen watch the bowler, his arm as well as the ball.

Also, I don't hold down L2 when I hit a real life six, so should we all argue against that?

"Just make it an option" isn't nearly as simple as it sounds - they need to test the game with every variation of every option, as well as making the experience the best with any option that you choose.

They could add a huge amount of options, but if they didn't also have a larger amount of resources going in, you're just widening the chances of things going wrong - or creating new opportunities for balance issues.

It's why the first step for Big Ant has to be exploring all the ways of refining everyone's experience, to see if they can accommodate different styles of gameplay or different abilities within the current game design.

I'd rather they make decisions about how you will play the game, stick with them, make them as good as they can, and once they have the core of the game perfected - move on to trying to make it more widely accessible.

Online Tournaments will be added for patch 2 (and will be day 1 on PC). The ability to view the LBW BARS will also be in for patch 2. For the most part it will be bug fixing however.

By LBW BARS you mean Hot spot as well??

"Just make it an option" isn't nearly as simple as it sounds - they need to test the game with every variation of every option, as well as making the experience the best with any option that you choose.

They could add a huge amount of options, but if they didn't also have a larger amount of resources going in, you're just widening the chances of things going wrong - or creating new opportunities for balance issues.

It's why the first step for Big Ant has to be exploring all the ways of refining everyone's experience, to see if they can accommodate different styles of gameplay or different abilities within the current game design.

I'd rather they make decisions about how you will play the game, stick with them, make them as good as they can, and once they have the core of the game perfected - move on to trying to make it more widely accessible.

Fair enough Matt, but at no point did I say it's that simple, although optional features can be a good thing for many games. I was merely debating that an optional feature does not ruin someone's experience of the game if they don't turn it on. I think you must agree on that? :)

In mentioning the amount of testing and resources that go into adding features, it's worth noting that any feature on any title must be tested for it's interactivity as much as possible with any other part of the overall game. That can be an intensive process, yes, but it's often worthwhile and it happens with every game.

I agree that developers should make decisions about how a game is played, stick with them make them as good as they can etc, as long as things work. Which they definitely for a huge part do with Don Bradmans Cricket '14.

I don't think however that a game should be perfect before moving on to making it more widely accessible. New games need to be as accessible as possible. If this game merely came with Veteran and Legend, it would be less accessible than it is now, although from what we heard during development, it plays smarter on those levels. So why not perfect those only? Accessibility is very important to the wider market of any game.

I will say though, I do agree that there are far more important things that need attention first and from the responses so far it definitely looks like focus is going into exactly the right areas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread