Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too hard for me

Hi guys, i completely understand that the majority of you like the fact that the career mode batting is so realistic and difficult. However I feel there HAS to be an easier career mode. I am no good at the game and i feel that if I have paid $100 for the game, I should be able to get the same experiences and achievements as a more accomplished gamer. I have stopped playing the game because of this. Just my thoughts please let me know your opinions

Hi guys, i completely understand that the majority of you like the fact that the career mode batting is so realistic and difficult. However I feel there HAS to be an easier career mode. I am no good at the game and i feel that if I have paid $100 for the game, I should be able to get the same experiences and achievements as a more accomplished gamer. I have stopped playing the game because of this. Just my thoughts please let me know your opinions

If I remember correctly BA will be opening up career mode to other levels and / or making it possible to join a career at different ages i.e when you have more experience and know how under your belt. Perhaps @BigAntStudios and or @HBK619 can confirm this or not.....

....I just hope that anything they do do is optional so that people can choose easier modes if they wish....

Last edited by a moderator:

There is meant to be quite a steep leaning curve. I am poor at batting too, but I prefer it that way. Practise makes perfect, as they say.
Play games on the practise pitch. It's worthwhile.

I was merely debating that an optional feature does not ruin someone's experience of the game if they don't turn it on. I think you must agree on that?
I was suggesting that having options can make the experience worse for those who don't use them by meaning less work is put into the options you do choose.

Obviously, there's plenty of suggestions where more options are perfectly valid, would be minimal impact on the game and indeed not impact me at all. But I think suggestions need to be put forward without trying to rely on the 'you could make it optional' as a catch-all to reject any argument against something being added.

I don't think however that a game should be perfect before moving on to making it more widely accessible. New games need to be as accessible as possible
I don't get the impression that a wider audience accessibility is a goal in this edition of the game.

They've made a game that few can master - I think that's a much better starting point than trying to make an 'accessible' game a challenge at the top end.

They've made a game that few can master - I think that's a much better starting point than trying to make an 'accessible' game a challenge at the top end.

It is only if a sequel comes as a result, and a sequel would definitely need to see returns on investment so accessibility would have to go up the priority list imo

recall @BigAntStudios saying originally if you edge it you will know, due to vibrations. but @HBK619 saying there is a threshold, and an edge has to be thick to vibrate.

well i have to say i have never had a vibration. i've had plenty of edges from feather to really thick, and never ever vibrated. sometimes i've known from sound, sometimes visually. other times i have had no clue. makes it literally impossible to consider walking (i could have been given not out, think i didn't edge it but did, because i sure as hell have been given out when i was convinced i didn't hit but replay/review showed i did). also makes reviewing a lottery - not a problem in career mode but certainly is in other modes.

i say the original @BigAntStudios idea was the right one - if we edge it, let us know. otherwise the walk feature is pointless and review is compromised.

----------

literally first ball after posting, huge thick edge, obvious visually, no vibration. at the very least check your threshold cuz it's wrong!

Will player injuries be there after patch 2?

Yes please Big Ant, to at least freshen up the Playing XI's that we have to play with every match.

There was an old footy game from a while ago ? really quite a good game, where there would be injuries and at the end of the season players would retire, and be replaced by randomly generated rookies. This was awesome. Even the retirement explanations were hilarious. Eg: Brad Johnson retiring to become a DJ.

The injury system on your AFL Live game was good too.

If these things could be implemented back then on old-gen in a competition comprising of 16 teams, then why not now for domestic comps made up of 6 teams? Gets so boring and unrealistic playing with and against the same line-ups for 20 years.

Last edited:
Will the bowler and keep take less time to take off the bails? It's good for batting, but I always seem to get it if it's not a direct hit, even if I'm halfway down the pitch. Also, will batsman still dive and not make the crease, or is that a design decision? And will they do the weird running thing when you press b and you expect them to just put the bat in?
1. Yes.
2. Batsman will have a chance of diving and not making the crease, however they will not stand up and still be out of the crease.
3. No.

@HBK619 Please could you comment on easing the difficulty for batting - like maybe increasing the margin of error and not edging 8 out of 10 times, probability of ball going straight to fielder for a catch when ground shot is intended is low etc.

Why can't we have some indication on pitch before the ball is delivered (even briefly) to remove premaditation and enjoy batting - think from an average user prespective who takes out some time from busy schedule to relax and enjoy and only ends up in closing the game in frustration.

Thanks
I mentioned earlier that difficulty was in the non-negotiable things of what must be fixed for patch 2. We're working on a raft of changes to re-balance things up right now that will bring three things being more realistic results and scores as well as a better batting experience for all and more consistency between batting and bowling figures.
I hope this doesn't ruin a perfect cricket simulation.

The way it works now seems perfect for you to reach based on the way you see the ball. Anything not natural will surely take away the charm
It won't.
Will there be change of team player in career mode as same team with no changes in all format of games going on for 1.5 yrs in career mode
will it be made in patch 2 HBK619
Not for this patch unfortunately.
By LBW BARS you mean Hot spot as well??
Unfortunately the thermal vision was giving us quite a lot of troubles, so that had to go for now.

LBW BARS will be available to view for every single delivery though (after challenges, of course!).

Is it possible to have sound with replays as well? for nicks and edges...
Speaking to the sound guy about this, it won't be coming for a patch, it's just too much work. He did say that future titles would have this as one of the main features on his agenda.
If I remember correctly BA will be opening up career mode to other levels and / or making it possible to join a career at different ages i.e when you have more experience and know how under your belt. Perhaps @BigAntStudios and or @HBK619 can confirm this or not.....

....I just hope that anything they do do is optional so that people can choose easier modes if they wish....
We're working on fixes to alleviate people's career mode difficulty issues now. There's a number of things planned that we'll announce closer to patch date.
Will player injuries be there after patch 2?
Injuries are already in the game. Players reacting to hits will be in, however they will be subtle reactions as we can't allow reactions to potentially introduce run outs/stumpings, etc.
recall @BigAntStudios saying originally if you edge it you will know, due to vibrations. but @HBK619 saying there is a threshold, and an edge has to be thick to vibrate.

well i have to say i have never had a vibration. i've had plenty of edges from feather to really thick, and never ever vibrated. sometimes i've known from sound, sometimes visually. other times i have had no clue. makes it literally impossible to consider walking (i could have been given not out, think i didn't edge it but did, because i sure as hell have been given out when i was convinced i didn't hit but replay/review showed i did). also makes reviewing a lottery - not a problem in career mode but certainly is in other modes.

i say the original @BigAntStudios idea was the right one - if we edge it, let us know. otherwise the walk feature is pointless and review is compromised.
I'm checking this one out right now. We might need to push the threshold out a bit more.

It still won't be available on every edge as the threshold works in tandem with other elements of the game that can then break with changes coming.

We'll hopefully reach a happy medium.

Last edited:
Different difficulty levels for batting and bowling would be a great idea.

Also the ability to watch/spectate a part of the match in competition mode would be nice. One can watch the games in casual mode but not in competition mode? Why is this? If you can simulate, you should be able to watch the game. I like watching the game instead of simulating sometimes if I have something else to do at the same time. Its quite entertaining.

Also, I think more edges could mean way too many outs. i already see most of the edges being caught by the WK. In fact I had 4 in the same game. the AI WK has some great reflexes, maybe too good. More realistic edges perhaps.

Last edited:
a bug

one more bug is that mostly whenever i take wickets in t20 matches in a career mode then screen goes black and everything abolished plzz solve this bug also in patch2

one more bug is that mostly whenever i take wickets in t20 matches in a career mode then screen goes black and everything abolished plzz solve this bug also in patch2

... that doesnt happen.

your version of the game/xbox/ps3 = broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread