Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine that data/save corruption under any circumstances is at the top of the list for any patch.

I hope so have you ever experianced it?

Its happening almost everytime I push the start button and the game tries to load my profile- my ps3 switches off. It works upon restart and checking and restoring data. This shouldn't happen. I wish someone from Big Ant would tell me if this is an issue they are aware of or if this is something to do with my system.

@HBK619

Sorry for the double post , wont happen again :)

The actual "looking around" time for the batsmen is a bit stiff at the moment , I know that I normally only get 3/4 of the way around and then the time is up.

The second point he wanted to make is the ability of All Pace Bowlers to bowl Super Slow Balls at will. It should not be possible for Steyn to bowl 158km/h and then next ball 98 km/h . Too great a variance in the speed there. Difference between the 2 extremes should be much closer than it is currently.
We'll look at speeding up the look around which should mean the time given isn't as much of a factor.

Bowling speeds have been looked at quite extensively, we don't believe they'll be an issue in terms of variance from patch 2 onwards.
Don't play local multiplayer until the patch?
This is one way to ensure at least one thing won't go wrong right now, backing up your saves is another.

We've found the issue with regards to local multiplayer, the save was being stomped by the guest/sub-sign ins. Fix will be in patch 2.
This is not a must fix or anything, but I would like to see an option to have the bowling meter showing at the offline higher difficulty levels and let the user choose to have it or not. Maybe at the higher difficulty levels the arrows on the bowling meter could move quicker?

I am fine with the no meter, but some of the more casual sports gamers would appreciate having the choice.
We'll be adding in the audio bowling assistance for patch 2 that will work on all difficulties bar online, this will give you the same kind of assistance but allow you to look at the animations and not take your eyes away from the action.:)
The pages are getting exhaustive (which is nice).

1) Did anyone mention that when a bowler throws a wide-ball (or is given a wide ball either as a right or wrong decision), the game very quickly returns to the next ball without allowing the batsmen to run? Run-outs are still valid for a wide-ball, right?

2) Same situation with overthrows. If there is an overthrow, till the ball gets back to either ends of the wicket, the game shouldn't proceed to the next ball, which it does today.
We have to be careful with dead ball states so as not to allow exploitation of errors potentially not caused by the player. Generally speaking the dead ball occurs at the correct times.

I'd imagine that data/save corruption under any circumstances is at the top of the list for any patch.

I've had it once a few days after I first got DB14 (XBox 360). Went to continue career and there was nothing so had to restart. I definitely didn't delete it (I spent a good hour trying to create my face from a selfie I took! lol). Now I couldn't be bothered.

Originally Posted by billionaiire
The pages are getting exhaustive (which is nice).

1) Did anyone mention that when a bowler throws a wide-ball (or is given a wide ball either as a right or wrong decision), the game very quickly returns to the next ball without allowing the batsmen to run? Run-outs are still valid for a wide-ball, right?

2) Same situation with overthrows. If there is an overthrow, till the ball gets back to either ends of the wicket, the game shouldn't proceed to the next ball, which it does today.

We have to be careful with dead ball states so as not to allow exploitation of errors potentially not caused by the player. Generally speaking the dead ball occurs at the correct times.

Not sure I understand the connection. Perhaps you meant proceeding on to the next ball before achieving a dead-ball state that wasn't intended?

My suggestion was to allow the batsman to take a run even if the ball bowled to him was a "wide", or basically, let the engine continue the same way as if the ball weren't a "wide". The fielder/wicket keeper can by all means pick up the ball and try and run the batsman out. Same should apply to a no-ball that wasn't touched by the batsman (byes).

Overthrow - whenever an overthrow occurs, the engine should treat it as a shot hit by a batsman and allow the batsman to run, until someone returns the ball to either ends of the wicket in order to run the batsman out.

My suggestion was to allow the batsman to take a run even if the ball bowled to him was a "wide", or basically, let the engine continue the same way as if the ball weren't a "wide". The fielder/wicket keeper can by all means pick up the ball and try and run the batsman out. Same should apply to a no-ball that wasn't touched by the batsman (byes).

Overthrow - whenever an overthrow occurs, the engine should treat it as a shot hit by a batsman and allow the batsman to run, until someone returns the ball to either ends of the wicket in order to run the batsman out.

Im not sure what happens on wides because Ive never run on one I dont think. Why would you? Or are you talking about a wide that the wicket keeper doesnt field and goes for byes?

Anyway, the overthrow situation works as you describe in my experience, Ive had quite a few runs from ot.

Hi Guys

I would just like to confirm if anyone has noted that bowler stats during a game is incomplete and if there has been any feedback regarding that?

You see the amount of overs bowled as well as the runs being made by the batting team but there is no in game bowling average.

Or am i missing something?

Thanks guys

Enjoy

I am wondering why the "must fixes" have not released in a trickle patch format as apposed to a large "fix all" patch thats taking weeks to release. IE: Fix AI (patch), fix fielding (patch), fix online (patch) etc. That way a lot of the issues would already be rectified and playibg it now would be much more enjoyable. As it stands we have been made to wait over a month already for a fix to play a game that should never have been released in it's current state. Seems to be a lot of praise for BA about the upcoming patch 2 and how this is great customer service when its not. We have paid for a game and been made to wait over a month and counting to play it as it should have been upon release.

I am wondering why the "must fixes" have not released in a trickle patch format as apposed to a large "fix all" patch thats taking weeks to release. IE: Fix AI (patch), fix fielding (patch), fix online (patch) etc. That way a lot of the issues would already be rectified and playibg it now would be much more enjoyable. As it stands we have been made to wait over a month already for a fix to play a game that should never have been released in it's current state. Seems to be a lot of praise for BA about the upcoming patch 2 and how this is great customer service when its not. We have paid for a game and been made to wait over a month and counting to play it as it should have been upon release.

Mmmm, dont really agree.

1. They have already released a patch.
2. They are wanting to make sure that evreything really works with the patch.
3. A cricket game has never been supported in this way before.
4. You could have returned your game.
5. It is still very enjoyable.
6. There will possibly be a thrid patch.
7. They are really listening to feedback.
8. Roger and out.

Mmmm, dont really agree.

1. They have already released a patch.
2. They are wanting to make sure that evreything really works with the patch.
3. A cricket game has never been supported in this way before.
4. You could have returned your game.
5. It is still very enjoyable.
6. There will possibly be a thrid patch.
7. They are really listening to feedback.
8. Roger and out.

Yes. An expected answer from the one acting like BA's personal watchdog.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, can anyone please tell me when will Patch 2 be released

There's an approval process with the platform holders: whilst it doesn't cost as much as it used to, it still takes time and they won't let you just keep submitting tiny incremental changes.
It also makes more sense: generally when you tweak something it could have a whole bunch of knock-on effects. Better to make all changes together and then test thoroughly than fix one thing, test it, and break it with another fix further down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread